Delta

wdwforus

Along with my problem getting onto Disneys website I have had what I consider to be extreme problems with our flight reservation. Delta has changed every leg of our flight from Portland, Maine to Orlando. We did alot of research on flights and got our roundtrip tickets for $214 a piece back in Februaury when the flights first came available. We originally started going from Portland to Cinncinnati to Orlando. They screwed it up so much with time changes that eventually we were landing in Cincy 1/2 hour after our flight for Orlando had departed. Now we arent flying to Cincy at all but into NY instead with only a half hour window to catch or flight to Orlando. Our return flight was supposed to be from Orlando to Boston to Portland but that got cancelled all together( I guess, nobody can give me a straight answer as to what happened to any of these flights or why I got bumped off after having a 10 month reservation) so now we are flying to Altanta then to Portland. We were supposed to have a 6 hour layover in Boston on revision 2 of the return but I told them that was unacceptable as I am traveling with small children and need to get back to Maine sometime in the early afternoon. We really wanted to be able to fly into Boston on the return because if we could at least get into Boston with any weather (we are flying out on Dec 21 and flying home Jan 1) we could get a ride back to Maine. At one point they didnt have a seat on one leg available for my 2 year old. I have only flown twice before in my life and find this extremely frustrating and has added alot of anxiety to our trip. Now that I have gotten that off my chest, anybody else having problems? Any suggestions? I think before this is said and done I will write Delta to complain but right now I feel like I have to go their website every day to see how else they have screwed with it. The people I speak with are very apolegetic and I understand its not their fault but I told the last woman I spoke with that I had no faith in their system after she tried promising me that there wouldnt be any other changes.

pwgs

We had a simalar problem with delta (song). I recived a call a few weeks ago on a sunday morning from a computer voice telling me that my flight details had changed. When I went online to check I found that my direct flight for 4 people to florida had changed. I was on 1 flight and my wife and kids were on a different one with multiple layovers. I called and after an hour and half on the phone was able to get us all on the same delta flight but with a 3 hour layover in atlanta. Buyer beware!:mad: next time southwest

Upvote 0

Iakona

wdwforus said:
Along with my problem getting onto Disneys website I have had what I consider to be extreme problems with our flight reservation. Delta has changed every leg of our flight from Portland, Maine to Orlando. We did alot of research on flights and got our roundtrip tickets for $214 a piece back in Februaury when the flights first came available. We originally started going from Portland to Cinncinnati to Orlando. They screwed it up so much with time changes that eventually we were landing in Cincy 1/2 hour after our flight for Orlando had departed. Now we arent flying to Cincy at all but into NY instead with only a half hour window to catch or flight to Orlando. Our return flight was supposed to be from Orlando to Boston to Portland but that got cancelled all together( I guess, nobody can give me a straight answer as to what happened to any of these flights or why I got bumped off after having a 10 month reservation) so now we are flying to Altanta then to Portland. We were supposed to have a 6 hour layover in Boston on revision 2 of the return but I told them that was unacceptable as I am traveling with small children and need to get back to Maine sometime in the early afternoon. We really wanted to be able to fly into Boston on the return because if we could at least get into Boston with any weather (we are flying out on Dec 21 and flying home Jan 1) we could get a ride back to Maine. At one point they didnt have a seat on one leg available for my 2 year old. I have only flown twice before in my life and find this extremely frustrating and has added alot of anxiety to our trip. Now that I have gotten that off my chest, anybody else having problems? Any suggestions? I think before this is said and done I will write Delta to complain but right now I feel like I have to go their website every day to see how else they have screwed with it. The people I speak with are very apolegetic and I understand its not their fault but I told the last woman I spoke with that I had no faith in their system after she tried promising me that there wouldnt be any other changes.

Due to Delta's bankruptcy filing I am keeping my eyes open for any changes to my flights in January.
Delta Song flies out of Logan so that is an option and they go direct to Orlando. It may be better to go from logan if you are worried about layovers with a small child.
Also, last year Logan was closed when I was coming home (stranded is Dinsey for 2 extra days!!!), so there is no guarantee that you can get into Logan to get a ride home if there is bad weather.
Just keep at them to get your flights a sclose to the original as possible.

Upvote 0

TTATraveler

Your situation seems like the norm for Delta lately. We have had problems with Delta before including one horror story. P.S. I will never ever fly Delta again. :fork:

Good luck, and I hope all works out well.

Upvote 0

bidnow5

I had problems with Delta a few years ago so we switched to jetblue much better not problem free but a lot better than Delta. Southwest is ok but I like knowing my seat number ahead of time. Plus watching tv makes the filght seem shorter

Upvote 0

lscott933

well i can tell you that as of dec 1. they are cutting back 1/4 of the flights from cincinnati. i live and have friends who work for delta here. they are worried about there jobs as of dec 1st. so that is why your flight was changed. they most likely don't have your flight any more out of cincinnati. plus your flight's could change again cause of the bankrupty of delta as they do more downsizing of there flights.

Upvote 0

marko

us. airways has done the same thing to me changing my flight times twice within 1 week of our trip. :hammer: so far for the sep 30 trip no changes as of now. :confused:

Upvote 0

jakeman

I fly Delta about once a week on business. My trips are usually booked no more than a week out so I don't usually run into this problem and I don't really have an additional solution beside what the original poster and others have suggested. I will say that Delta revises its flight schedule about once a quarter and flights routinely changes slightly and can alter schedules dramatically especially if you book several months out. Kinda like a "butterfly effect".

I know that I have not offered a suggestion but I hope the explaination helps some.

Upvote 0

wdwforus

Original Poster
jakeman said:
I fly Delta about once a week on business. My trips are usually booked no more than a week out so I don't usually run into this problem and I don't really have an additional solution beside what the original poster and others have suggested. I will say that Delta revises its flight schedule about once a quarter and flights routinely changes slightly and can alter schedules dramatically especially if you book several months out. Kinda like a "butterfly effect".

I know that I have not offered a suggestion but I hope the explaination helps some.

As far as them revising once a quarter this has all happenend in the last 2 weeks. They had changed a few times way back, 10 minutes here or 5 minutes there, no problem, but when I called Sunday about my son not having a seat, when I checked it again in the afternoon to see if they had fixed the seat, they had screwed up the Cincy leg. We have flown Southwest before but didnt want to have to drive to Manchester N.H. which is almost 2 hours for us and still pay the same price. Delta was the cheapest for my family of 5 and we didnt want to wait and see the prices climb, which they have.

Upvote 0

MareSINY

Actually, your best bet may be a stop over in Atlanta, since that's where Delta's hub is. Several years ago I was flying Delta from Rome to NYC. We ended up missing our connecting flight in Rome and it took us two days to get another flight (I was traveling with a friends 16 year old daughter, it was crazy to say the least.) Eventually they got us on a flight to Atlanta, which turned out to be our saving grace. Since it's their hub they have a lot of flights flying out of that city, which makes finding flights out of there easier.

Now with that said, Delta is having some serious problems with this bankruptcy. My company works with Delta and I know they're starting to watch what's coming in and what's going out because they don't want to loose money.

I hope everything works out with your flight home, good luck!!!

Upvote 0

tecowdw

MareSINY said:
Actually, your best bet may be a stop over in Atlanta, since that's where Delta's hub is. Several years ago I was flying Delta from Rome to NYC. We ended up missing our connecting flight in Rome and it took us two days to get another flight (I was traveling with a friends 16 year old daughter, it was crazy to say the least.) Eventually they got us on a flight to Atlanta, which turned out to be our saving grace. Since it's their hub they have a lot of flights flying out of that city, which makes finding flights out of there easier.

Now with that said, Delta is having some serious problems with this bankruptcy. My company works with Delta and I know they're starting to watch what's coming in and what's going out because they don't want to loose money.

I hope everything works out with your flight home, good luck!!!
Yep, many schedule changes with Delta. My November trip went from one layover in Atlanta to two layovers - Cincinnati and Atlanta - when I checked it this evening. Bad part is now that the Atlanta to Orlando leg leaves around the same time the Cincinnati to Atlanta leg leaves. Can't hardly catch that final segment when I just left Cincinnati! This "misconnect" (Delta's term, not mine) now has to be remedied. I plan to call this week. I anticipate this to go pretty easily because there is an acceptable alternative going back to one layover that has plenty of seats. (fingers crossed)

In reviewing flght schedules, my current situation is a result of all flights from my hometown airport direct to Atlanta being completely elimated after 12pm (it was 5pm originally). I just can believe their computers can't seem to find acceptable flight schedules. If the arrival time of the first flight is AFTER the departure time of the connection...HELLO?!?!?! Hey computer guy, fix that problem!. They say that their procedure is to call customers with this situation but I've yet to ever get a call about such a misconnect. I keep on top of my itineraries but at what point do they call? If it's 2 weeks before the departure, that sure doesn't leave much room for alot of availability to choose from - and I hate being put in that situation considering I book many, many months out to avoid limited availability. On the plus side for me, because of the misconnect, I get to change the flights without any hassle. If they had given me valid schedules - just ones I didn't like - it might have been a little tougher to change them with Delta wanting to charge me.

Well, I hope they survive bankruptcy because I like Delta and have preferred them for many years now. But if they eliminate too many flights out of my regional airport then I might have to rethink my choice of airlines. Ironically, Allegiant Air just announced they are starting non-stop service from my airport to Orlando-Sanford in November. How fantastic!! If only it was daily service rather than only two or three days a week. I also question going to the Sanford aiport (out of the way from WDW) but it's probably alot less congested there and easier to get in and out of too.

Time will tell, I guess. :lookaroun

Upvote 0

HunnyPot

Sorry you have had a rough time with your flight. It can be so annoying because it's basically totally out of your control. Hope it all works out for the best! Enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0

tigger1968

So far Delta has only changed us once, but since we have 12 of us travelling together, and we leave in three weeks..... :lookaroun

The sheer lunacy of it was that they changed our arrival time into Atlanta to ONE minute later, and our departure to Orlando TWO minutes earlier. This THREE minute difference put us under their arbitary cut off to make a connection, so we all got rebooked with a three hour layover. Our flights are in the evening, so a layover would have put us at WDW around 1:00 AM if we were lucky! After an hour on the phone, and after agreeing that if we missed our flight is was OUR fault, NOT Delta's, we got our original flights back. I have to say the lady in the rebooking department was awesome, and did a great job working it all out for us, including getting us better seats! I'm still shaking my head over the fact that when we had 35 minutes to make a connection, no problem, but when it dropped to 32 minutes....we get bumped.... :brick:

We all have our fingers crossed they don't monkey around with this flight anymore...

Upvote 0

shari71

How is everyone checking their flights? I booked mine at the time I made my reservations with Disney. I went out to Delta's site and punched in what I wanted and it doesn't even show our returning flight as an option. I haven't received a phone call, email or anything saying if any of them have moved or have been cancelled. I also tried to check flight status, but that only goes out 1 day in advance. So how are you checking you flights? I am really worried now.

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I have 185k miles in Delta and I am worried I will lose them. And I cant really take too many trips next year cause I am buying a new house.

Upvote 0

PigletIsMyCat

Delta filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. The company will operate as normal and all SkyMiles will be honored. The flight times changing like mad is what happens sometimes, nothing to be concerned about.

http://news.delta.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=9861

Delta expects to continue normal business operations today and throughout the reorganization process. Specifically, it expects to continue to:

• Operate its full schedule of flights worldwide;
  • Honor tickets and reservations and provide refunds and exchanges as usual;
  • Maintain the SkyMiles program and other customer service programs;
  • Provide amenities like Crown Room Clubs and international lounges in select cities;
  • Provide employee wages, healthcare coverage, vacation, sick leave and similar benefits without interruption; and,
  • Pay suppliers for goods and services received during the reorganization process.

This is why companies file Chapter 11. They are basically GOING to go bankrupt if they don't get help. This gets them help.

ATLANTA, Sept. 16, 2005 – Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) today announced that the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York has granted interim approval for the $2.05 billion in post-petition financing commitments the company has received to help support its business during its Chapter 11 reorganization

Anyone flying Delta or Song, or for that matter Northwest, has nothing to worry about. Worst case scenario would be bumped flights, like you guys are getting.

Upvote 0

shari71

But how do you find out your flight was bumped? For Dec they seem to have cancelled the flight we had home, but I cannot find any info on it nor figure out how I am supposed to find out...oh, well, I guess being stuck at Disney isn't that bad, but more of a pain when you are planning - especially when you make PS for that day and you may have to cancel it.

Upvote 0

PigletIsMyCat

You should be able to check your flight info online using your name/billing info and the confirmation code that you got a)over the phone from the rep when you booked or b)on the confirmation documents that you received a couple of weeks after you booked. If all else fails, call Delta and make them tell you or at least tell you how to get it done online.

Upvote 0

coltow

My mom works for an airline and this is what I know. Airlines do change their schedules a few times a year. The further in advance you book air ravel the better your chances that flights could change. I usually do not book anything more than 2 months out for this reason. I'm sure this is of no comfort to you but do be aware that this happen to MANY people that flights get changes.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom