Delta

wdwforus

Along with my problem getting onto Disneys website I have had what I consider to be extreme problems with our flight reservation. Delta has changed every leg of our flight from Portland, Maine to Orlando. We did alot of research on flights and got our roundtrip tickets for $214 a piece back in Februaury when the flights first came available. We originally started going from Portland to Cinncinnati to Orlando. They screwed it up so much with time changes that eventually we were landing in Cincy 1/2 hour after our flight for Orlando had departed. Now we arent flying to Cincy at all but into NY instead with only a half hour window to catch or flight to Orlando. Our return flight was supposed to be from Orlando to Boston to Portland but that got cancelled all together( I guess, nobody can give me a straight answer as to what happened to any of these flights or why I got bumped off after having a 10 month reservation) so now we are flying to Altanta then to Portland. We were supposed to have a 6 hour layover in Boston on revision 2 of the return but I told them that was unacceptable as I am traveling with small children and need to get back to Maine sometime in the early afternoon. We really wanted to be able to fly into Boston on the return because if we could at least get into Boston with any weather (we are flying out on Dec 21 and flying home Jan 1) we could get a ride back to Maine. At one point they didnt have a seat on one leg available for my 2 year old. I have only flown twice before in my life and find this extremely frustrating and has added alot of anxiety to our trip. Now that I have gotten that off my chest, anybody else having problems? Any suggestions? I think before this is said and done I will write Delta to complain but right now I feel like I have to go their website every day to see how else they have screwed with it. The people I speak with are very apolegetic and I understand its not their fault but I told the last woman I spoke with that I had no faith in their system after she tried promising me that there wouldnt be any other changes.

wdwforus

Original Poster
PigletIsMyCat said:
Alot of the 'problems' people seem to be talking about are NOT because of Delta filing Chapter 11. They are problems that routinely occur in the airline industry.

It just seems like Delta is getting **** on for no good reason. Not that I work for Delta or anything lol, but these are widespread problems that people have and will experience on Delta, JetBlue, American, United, etc. These are not Delta problems, they are airline problems.
If you bought your tickets online and supplied an email addy, Delta Song will contact you with flight changes (they contacted me). You can also register online with Delta (and I'm sure most other carriers) to check on flight status, etc.

I never said anything about their bankruptcy affecting service. I paid for a product and I expect to recieve what I paid for. I have yet to recieve any notification from Delta or Song about any changes. They made 2 changes on the same day and didnt assign my 2 year old a seat on one leg of the flight. As of right now they have him assigned to a seat by himself with no ther family members on the same side of the plane and their system will not allow me to change him to an adjacent seat to my wife or myself, but we can deal with that when we actually get on board. I never had this problem with Southwest and didnt expect it with Delta seeings so they are such a well established company and I would think would have a handle on their flight schedules. I can somewhat understand there being changes with a small airport like Potland but most of the problems have been the other legs of my flight which are all major airports. If Delta wonders why they have lost business to the smaller carriers I think they should take a hard look at how they are treating their customers in the first place. Unless everything goes off without a hitch from here on out this will be my last trip using them. I work too hard for my vacations to allow their inept system to cause me more stress then I would get at work. Hopefully the bankruptcy might open their eyes to quality customer service. Every time I have called I get some person who can barely speak english and they ALWAYS have to transfer me to someone else to address the schedule. To give credit where it is due the people who have helped me have been very polite, apologetic, and sincere. They cant help it if the system they are given to work with is a piece of junk. How else would it schedule us to land 1/2 hour after our next departing flight leaves? I just cant wait to get there and enjoy what makes our family so happy.85 days, 7 hours, and 11 minutes to go!!!!!

Upvote 0

PigletIsMyCat

Saw something similar happen on an AA flight from MCO to LGA last year. Family of four, two kids under five years, seated in three different spots on the plane :dazzle:

They very nicely asked to switch a seat here, change a seat there, and dad sat with one kid, mom with the yonger brother. Good luck.

Upvote 0

patelaine1953

I know it's been a couple of weeks since the original post but thanks so much for this thread. I didn't even think about them changing our flights for December but when I went on Song's website and put in my confirmation #, lo and behold my flights have been altered. We were originally leaving Boston on 12/4 at 8:30 a.m. That flight has been changed 3 times and now we're leaving at 7:05 a.m. Our return flight was for 6:55 p.m. 12/8. That flight has been changed 4 times and we are now scheduled to leave at 6:50 p.m. I booked these flights back in March thinking that gas prices could put them at a premium. (It cost us over $800 for 2 round-trip tickets in April. I thought I did well to get the flights I wanted for less than $500.) I have not received emails or phone calls to tell me of these changes. Everything I found out on my own with my confirmation #. I sure hope they're done changing them but with 2 months to go, I'm not sure they are.

Upvote 0

wdwforus

Original Poster
I knew they couldnt do it! Sure enough this morning I just checked and they have once again changed a leg of our flight. Its only a ten minute change and it gives us a little more time to catch our connection but I knew there was no way we could go the last 2 and a half months without them changing it again. And still no communication from Delta. My father said Friday night when I saw him that he had been emailed by Delta about their flight but hadnt responded yet.

Upvote 0

shari71

I finally logged into Disney's website to see our itenerary and they had moved us to a totally new flight. No communication to us about the switch by either Delta or Disney. I would hate to be there without a connection to check my flight status only to find it too has been cancelled and we missed the rescheduled flight....

Upvote 0

wdwforus

Original Poster
wdwforus said:
I knew they couldnt do it! Sure enough this morning I just checked and they have once again changed a leg of our flight. Its only a ten minute change and it gives us a little more time to catch our connection but I knew there was no way we could go the last 2 and a half months without them changing it again. And still no communication from Delta. My father said Friday night when I saw him that he had been emailed by Delta about their flight but hadnt responded yet.

AGAIN!!! Now they have got us leaving later from Orlando and getting back to Maine later in the afternoon which I told them was unacceptable. Only 65 days to go you would think they would have a firm schedule.

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
My Delta flights keep changing too. I'm going to check them at the very last minute before I leave to make sure everything is all set. The flight has actually changed MANY times since I booked it several months ago, but I have only been notified once!

Upvote 0
Mine have changed as well. I'm flying Halifax-Boston-Orlando and return. All four legs have changed and I have yet to receive a notice. The last time I flew Continental I was notified by email everytime there was a change, even if it was only a couple of minutes, but I've yet to hear from Delta.

As a side note, it took them six weeks to charge my Visa for the tickets! I was of two minds about this. On one hand I wouldn't mind not being charged, but on the other hand what if I didn't have an actual reservation! It turns out that I did have a reservation, but perhaps that inquiry prompted the charges. Oh well, I guess I have to actually pay what I owe! :D

Tink

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom