Delta cheap fares?

awalkinthepark

Ok I was playing with the Delta website looking for all of these cheap fares...still quoting me close to $500 per person r/t in March from Providence to Orlando...close to $300 in August...what was all of the hype about? Am I looking in the wrong place?

wannabeBelle

awalkinthepark said:
Ok I was playing with the Delta website looking for all of these cheap fares...still quoting me close to $500 per person r/t in March from Providence to Orlando...close to $300 in August...what was all of the hype about? Am I looking in the wrong place?
Yeah I know the feeling, I havent seen anything but I Am having several people looking to see so I will post something if I hear anything!!! Belle

Upvote 0

swimmom

I saw an article in the newspaper the day after Delta's announcement and it appears that most of the fare cuts are going to be for one-way tickets and first class.

Upvote 0

DCL

I am heading down in June, and I got airline tickets for $165 round trip, from Boston through Song. It's operated by Delta and every time my family or I has flown it, we've been very pleased.

But, Song doesn't fly out of Providence, so that may not be of any help to you. It's something to look in to if you can make it up to Logan. http://www.flysong.com

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Dreamflight4Eva said:
I am heading down in June, and I got airline tickets for $165 round trip, from Boston through Song. It's operated by Delta and every time my family or I has flown it, we've been very pleased.

But, Song doesn't fly out of Providence, so that may not be of any help to you. It's something to look in to if you can make it up to Logan. http://www.flysong.com
Yeah Delta out of Newark to Orlando ( And back!) is coming up right now as over $400.00!!! I can get a better fare through Travelocity!!!!!!!! Sheesh!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Buckeye

Dreamflight4Eva said:

I wish Song would come to Ohio! I just booked on Delta in June for about $245 per person round trip. That includes all taxes and surcharges and such. We have one stop on the way down and TWO on the way home. I thought I got a deal. Then, I clicked on that link and saw that, if I lived in the Boston area, I could have flown NON-STOP for much less. :brick:

PLEASE, "Song Airline" REPRESENTATIVES....COME TO THE AKRON-CANTON AIRPORT.....PLEASE!

Upvote 0

DCL

wannabeBelle said:
Yeah Delta out of Newark to Orlando ( And back!) is coming up right now as over $400.00!!! I can get a better fare through Travelocity!!!!!!!! Sheesh!!! Belle

The last time I flew down to Florida, I wound up finding cheaper tickets through Expedia than the actual airline websites. I still don't understand how that works... but I guess it doesn't matter, as long as I'm saving money.

Upvote 0

Jerm

Song has to be one of the best airlines I have ever been on. They are a Delta run airline but the service is far and away better then Delta. If Disney were to ever go back to having an official airline I would hope they would help Song expand and use them. While you don't get free food you get great on flight entertainment on the screen on the back of the seat in front of you. They also have good music and a great staff. We have flowen with them 2 times roundtrip to Fl. and besides have a great rate they really do seem to care.

J

Upvote 0

DCL

Jerm said:
Song has to be one of the best airlines I have ever been on. They are a Delta run airline but the service is far and away better then Delta. If Disney were to ever go back to having an official airline I would hope they would help Song expand and use them. While you don't get free food you get great on flight entertainment on the screen on the back of the seat in front of you. They also have good music and a great staff. We have flowen with them 2 times roundtrip to Fl. and besides have a great rate they really do seem to care.

J

Yeah, I agree completely. Before Song, Delta had stopped it's non-stop service from Boston to Orlando. If we wanted to fly Delta. we'd have to fly to Cincy or DC or Atlanta or something, and it was a major hassle. Or we could have flown Delta Express.... which I had never been a fan of.

I love how each seat has it's own TV screen... with alot of free channels. I also love the music trivia game that you can play with everyone else on the plane. Being able to test my music knowledge... and watch American Chopper has made my flights with Song better than any other airline I've been on. :)

Upvote 0

TomorrowlandTyler

Note on Song and Delta

Jerm said:
Song has to be one of the best airlines I have ever been on. They are a Delta run airline but the service is far and away better then Delta. If Disney were to ever go back to having an official airline I would hope they would help Song expand and use them. While you don't get free food you get great on flight entertainment on the screen on the back of the seat in front of you. They also have good music and a great staff. We have flowen with them 2 times roundtrip to Fl.
I totally Agree!

They also fly out of Bradley Int. In Windsor Locks CT(its under hartford on the website) if you live in RI because they dont fly out of providence. It all depends if you want to take some time and drive to save money.

A note on Delta's fare changes:
Delta anounced the lower fares were mainly only going to effct LAST MINUTE Travlers and bookings!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

BeachClub1 said:
I totally Agree!

They also fly out of Bradley Int. In Windsor Locks CT(its under hartford on the website) if you live in RI because they dont fly out of providence. It all depends if you want to take some time and drive to save money.

A note on Delta's fare changes:
Delta anounced the lower fares were mainly only going to effct LAST MINUTE Travlers and bookings!
aaaaaaaaaa hah!!!!!!!!!!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

tmcherok

Buckeye, where are you from in Ohio??
NEWays, I seen today on cheaptickets.com, r/t from Akron/Canton to Orlando $1007 for 4 people. One stop each way. Not too bad, I guess.

Upvote 0

lcsrig

Sometimes Delta does come down on their flights. When I started looking for our flights NS from New Orleans they were about $350 each. I kept checking back and got them in Oct. for $184 each for next month. Now they are about $650 a piece. Deb Willis' website allsearsnet.com has cheap flight info on the planning page. There are two links to find cheaper fares.

Upvote 0

goofyman

I have friends in RI and theuy usally make the trip to Boston to save $$$ to Orlando. I had same thought about the so called low prices. it still seams that song is the way I will go and mid week the rates are the lowest!

Upvote 0

tammycooley

My rt tickets from Louisville to Orlando were $282 when I purchased them in August for our June trip...now they are $300 a piece. Guess people who are purchasing my same flights now are funding those cheap fares :lookaroun

Upvote 0

tigger248

Buckeye said:
I wish Song would come to Ohio! I just booked on Delta in June for about $245 per person round trip. That includes all taxes and surcharges and such. We have one stop on the way down and TWO on the way home. I thought I got a deal. Then, I clicked on that link and saw that, if I lived in the Boston area, I could have flown NON-STOP for much less. :brick:

PLEASE, "Song Airline" REPRESENTATIVES....COME TO THE AKRON-CANTON AIRPORT.....PLEASE!

While they're at it, Song should come to Louisville too! We always fly Delta (my dad works in Africa, flys a lot of delta miles and we usually get free airfare from his frequent flyer miles). However, my family is having a family reunion in WY (where my dad's family lives) in August and we're hoping to go to DLR in March. Meaning that we'll have to buy some tickets in the very near future. It's costing like 50,000 miles per ticket in August so we'll have to buy one in August (he only has enough miles for 3), 3 (or 4 depending on if he goes to WDW in November) in November to Orlando, and possibly some more to CA in March. Being a broke college student, who has to buy 1 (possibly 2) round trip tickets in the near future, cheaper fares would definitely be welcome. Man, being a grown-up who has to pay her own way really sucks!

Upvote 0

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Dreamflight4Eva said:
I still don't understand how that works... but I guess it doesn't matter, as long as I'm saving money.

Expedia buys X number of seats from the airline that would normally go unsold at an extremely low rate that is confidential. Then Expedia goes and resells them at a higher rate (sometimes retaining a commission as well),

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom