deleted

Goofnut1980

Luckily, the structure isn't 100% rollercoaster ready and would've required significant $$ to get it to be adequate.

If the next CEO is like Iger, then we know that would never happen.. He pinches pennies! Which has put us in the predicament we are now. Attendance too high and not enough space/attractions for people to do, which leads to long wait times. At least Eisner spent money. I know many hated him, but without what he did. Disney we know today, might say Universal over its doors (or any other big company that would have bought them out).

TwilightZone

If the next CEO is like Iger, then we know that would never happen.. He pinches pennies! Which has put us in the predicament we are now. Attendance too high and not enough space/attractions for people to do, which leads to long wait times. At least Eisner spent money. I know many hated him, but without what he did. Disney we know today, might say Universal over its doors (or any other big company that would have bought them out).
Eisner penny pinched harder than Iger does.

TwilightZone

This was such an amazing ending! I dont even know why they would change it!
My best guess is as to why they changed it, besides new sponsor and new ride direction, is the ending was too dated. By the time the redo happened, most people had the technology showcased in the ending, or similar versions were on the horizon. I still think they should have kept it though, and just replaced the line about the new technology with something like "with today's technology..." or something like that.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
If armchairing is how you want to look at it.

We're years away, what would you like to be discussed? lol. Not being snarky but what's the point of a discussion forum?
There is a dedicated forum for armchair imagineering and People can and should discuss whatever they like. But this is a thread that was created simply because in another thread, an insider mentioned something may happen within a half decade or so. Sure, technically it qualifies as "rumor", but the insider who dropped the hint obviously felt that casually mentioning it in another thread was adequate for now. Do we really need people creating more News and Rumors threads whenever an insider mentions something? General Discussion is where this thread should have been placed, because thats basically all it will be for a long time.

I should create a new thread and title it: "Insider confirms Disney refuses to recognize problems", based off this post.
The company is never going to recognize something isn’t popular or working as planned.

Kman101

There is a dedicated forum for armchair imagineering and People can and should discuss whatever they like. But this is a thread that was created simply because in another thread, an insider mentioned something may happen within a half decade or so. Sure, technically it qualifies as "rumor", but the insider who dropped the hint obviously felt that casually mentioning it in another thread was adequate for now. Do we really need people creating more News and Rumors threads whenever an insider mentions something? General Discussion is where this thread should have been placed, because thats basically all it will be for a long time.

I should create a new thread and title it: "Insider confirms Disney refuses to recognize problems", based off this post.

I understand the annoyance on new threads based on something that may or may not happen in 5 years time. I guess that was more the real point. I guess if Steve or The Mom have a problem with it, they'll move it.

matt9112

<sigh> So accurate. Build rides with good capacity and you don't need FP+.

don't mean to thread jack but should theme park design take letting everyone ride everything on a moderate crowd day be a thing? i think it should....but i think disney would rather you just spend two days screw the wait times....thats another day of food and bev sales....another day of plushies for your kids etc.

HMFan999

part of me really wants to know how he has the access not from a gossip stand point but a what led him to be so close to people but i also know that can probably never become public info. I just take solace knowing what little influence he may have will always be in the right mindset.

I like to believe that during the "Spaceship in Spaceship Earth" glory years he lead a top secret "mission impossible-esque" mission to the top of SSE and ever since Disney has just accepted that they have to tell him everything or else.

baymenxpac

just want to thank @articos for the extra insight on this thread. it's pretty fantastic.

like others in this thread, i, too, loved the '94 version. it was meant to feel grand, and it absolutely delivered on its intention. even from a young age, i walked off that ride feeling awestruck by the vastness of human history and the world itself. i do go back to the walter cronkite version (and yes, there were some people who couldn't believe they replaced cronkite with jeremy irons!). the thing was, the '94 update was done so incredibly well.

if SSE does indeed get a refresh, i really hope it's an improvement over what's there now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom