deleted

FigmentForver96

Preview from tonight

Meh. The one thing that works so well for Tower of Terror in Orlando is the forced perspective. The tower looks so far away and the projections actually make this painfully obvious. This isn't like watching the Castle or even the Tree of Life, this just seems super far away and I feel the effect is lost if you're to close and see all the damaged details of the building. Just don't know where they were going with this one but I'll reserve judgment of course until final product and in person.

trainplane3

The christmas present projection is really pretty, as well as the additional lighting on the palm trees, But i felt the toy story scene just was too dull looking, I really hope that wasnt the final product for the toy story projection.
I don't think I can call the Toy Story scene dull. I feel like it's actually too busy for the surface of ToT. It's on an angle from the main viewing point which just makes all the details turn to mush. If ToT was completely flat, it'd probably work better. The present projection is really nice looking though. Something more simple with less movement would probably be better looking like variations of the present. I'll be down there over Christmas so I'll have to see it person.

jrhwdw

I'm just hoping this is all a ploy by imagineering to get the projection mapping equipment installed, so they can do on-theme entertainment along Sunset... like when DLP's tower opened:

Could be wrong but I doubt any big entertainment will involve TOT, Since Hollywood Boulevard is used for that(has been since DHS opened)
I don't think WDSP has a Hollywood Boulevard or an icon other than TOT, which is why SW: AGS went on there back in winter and Goofy's nighttime Xmas show is using TOT now. Hopefully Goofy's show will have a different soundtrack than Bell, BAM! at DHS.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm just hoping this is all a ploy by imagineering to get the projection mapping equipment installed, so they can do on-theme entertainment along Sunset... like when DLP's tower opened:

Think of the raves!!

OCbUosX.gif

(For after hours parties.)

Imagine what they could do for Halloween.

See this thread: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/why-cant-our-tower-of-terror-dance.929095/[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

TJJohn12

I don't think it's extreme to suggest that projections of unrelated IP are more appropriate for some Disney buildings than others. And TOT is near the bottom of that list.

That's why I'm hoping that, with this equipment sticking around, we'll see more on-theme offerings using Tower in the future.

Jeremy Geertsema

I read something on Twitter about an annual pass preview of the Sunset Seasons Greetings, but it since has been taken down. Has anyone else heard of this?

YodaMan

I read something on Twitter about an annual pass preview of the Sunset Seasons Greetings, but it since has been taken down. Has anyone else heard of this?

I believe Sunset (and definitely Frozen) starts "pass holder previews" tomorrow. Which is the equivalent of a soft open because day guest will be able to experience them as well. But they will only be advertised to passholders.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom