Debating over resorts! (meant to be funny)

Hulasista

I've been to WDW 3x, 2x with the family, 1x with the job. Next January will be the 4th trip.

We stayed at a deluxe/mod hotel (contemp/animal kingdom/boardwalk/orleans) ... and to be able to afford the trip, and avoid crowds, i'm trying to convince my mom and sister to settle on january and All star music suite (we're also bringing my 16 yr old son and my sisters 12 yr old son and 9 yr old daughter, 6 total)

Have ya'll ever had to CONVINCE/ARGUE logic behind a disney resort? LOL ... isn't it hilarious? we've been going at this for a month now. I just took the bull by the horns and booked it! Its $1000 less than spring break time (march) and allows us more $$ to spend in the parks!

Why I did that I don't know, because we went at it again last night! Hilarious! My mom dropped out of going! My sister said she don't like that resort! She wants to go to Saratoga or Coronado! I am aprehensive about the downgrade... don't want the Motel 6 feeling. But if it affords us a trip - why not? (I just finished a couple of emails trying to sell them on All Star Music using forum threads and pictures and allears site ... hee hee hee). Let the debates begin again!

Have you and your families ever jumped into heated debates about resorts (or any parts of a Disney trip?)

Might as well just go full tilt and book a tent camping spot in Fort Wilderness. They will probably be begging to go to the All-Star resorts.

To be honest, my favorite and mostr relaxing trips have been when I've camped in Fort Wilderness.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I've been to WDW 3x, 2x with the family, 1x with the job. Next January will be the 4th trip.

We stayed at a deluxe/mod hotel (contemp/animal kingdom/boardwalk/orleans) ... and to be able to afford the trip, and avoid crowds, i'm trying to convince my mom and sister to settle on january and All star music suite (we're also bringing my 16 yr old son and my sisters 12 yr old son and 9 yr old daughter, 6 total)

Have ya'll ever had to CONVINCE/ARGUE logic behind a disney resort? LOL ... isn't it hilarious? we've been going at this for a month now. I just took the bull by the horns and booked it! Its $1000 less than spring break time (march) and allows us more $$ to spend in the parks!

Why I did that I don't know, because we went at it again last night! Hilarious! My mom dropped out of going! My sister said she don't like that resort! She wants to go to Saratoga or Coronado! I am aprehensive about the downgrade... don't want the Motel 6 feeling. But if it affords us a trip - why not? (I just finished a couple of emails trying to sell them on All Star Music using forum threads and pictures and allears site ... hee hee hee). Let the debates begin again!

Have you and your families ever jumped into heated debates about resorts (or any parts of a Disney trip?)

This is so funny that you just posted this b/c my mom and I did this on Saturday! So she confirmed that we will be heading down to the World and staying for one night and she told me what she wanted her total budget to be so I was looking at a Moderate Resort. I called WDW and spoke to a cast member b/c I had a discount code for deluxe resorts. So the cast member tells me that it will be $90 more to stay at a deluxe with my code. And then she gave me a "flex deal" (which I didn't know existed) and for another $90 we could stay at the GF! So I get off the phone and explained each resort and gave the pros and cons to each and my mom went with the GF!! Totally blew the budget!!!! HA! But I was sitting there laughing at the numbers that I was using and the points that I was trying to make. It was so ridiculous!! :lol:

Upvote 0

Hulasista

Original Poster
disneygirl76 - mmmm hmmm..... See! My sister gave me a budget too and then blew it out the water bringing up the mod/deluxe hotels! LoL

Upvote 0

Raven66

We have often discussed a mod/deluxe. As a matter of fact my husband wanted to stay at the Beach Club. He tried to argue his point but he lost. We only use the room to sleep and shower. I just don't see the point in paying that much for the little time we spend in it. But I told him that when our daughter was grown and in college we would stay in a deluxe and take the time to enjoy it. So he was happy.

Upvote 0

Mick G.

We've stayed all over the WDW resort, campgrounds, basic, moderate and deluxe. I think there are only 4 hotels I've not stayed at. So I know all about these debates.

On our last stay at Dixie Landings, I was really getting tired of the buses, which to me are non-magical. Monorails and watercraft are like an attraction, and enhance the whole Disney experience.

So I added up the time we were spending waiting for and riding the bus, and over the 6-day trip it was close to a whole day! You can do the math for yourself, but we were spending tons of time waiting for the bus.

Which lead me to the general idea that I would rather have a short trip and stay at a monorail resort, than have a longer trip and be stuck on the bus all the time.

Mick

Upvote 0

bmarkelon

This is funny and sounds familiar here too. My husband still tries to sell me on going back to the cabins. I always have to point out the fact that it was really his own doing that I will never stay in them again. We stayed at the cabins for 7 nights and then he upgraded us for an extension of the trip to WL club level suite for 3 nights. If we hadn't experienced that difference in the same trip my opinion may not be as strong as it is now. This was a few years back and we have since become DVC members but every time we are trip planning he always throws the cabins out as a suggestion, more to get me fired up I think.
By the way, I also used to love the cabins and think that when you are paying out of pocket for a family trip it is a fabulous choice and great deal! I unfortunately have turned into the Villa snob that used to drive me crazy!!

Upvote 0

zurgandfriend

I feel your pain!

My in-laws held a “grand gathering” a few years ago; boy was that a nightmare, they argued about everything when we were planning the trip. I finally told my wife I’m not doing the planning for this trip. Just let everyone stay, eat and do what they want and we’ll go our own way except for the meats we ate together which were the Hoop-de-Doo Revue and Whispering Canyon.

My cheapskate brother-in-law and his family stayed at the All Star Movies. (I say that because he’s cheap not because he stayed at the All Stars) My mother-in-law and sister-in-law stayed at Port Orleans Riverside, all those two groups did was complain. My other brother-in-law and his family stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. We stayed at the Contemporary as did my cheapskate brother-in-law’s in-laws (his wife’s Mom and Dad), they were really nice people. We had a great time touring the parks with them as well as my cheapskate brother-in-law’s daughter who just sort of joined our family for the week.

Good luck with your trip I hope it's great whatever you decide.

Upvote 0

britdaw

We only use the room to sleep and shower. I just don't see the point in paying that much for the little time we spend in it.
This is how I feel too. We had planned to book the AKL but our girls want to stay at the ASM resort. I feel that if the kids really want to stay at the movies resort to swim in the Fantasia pool, who cares? I am not a snob; I don't have to have the finest room in the finest hotel to have a good time. :)

Upvote 0

PlutosRHM55

This is how I feel too. We had planned to book the AKL but our girls want to stay at the ASM resort. I feel that if the kids really want to stay at the movies resort to swim in the Fantasia pool, who cares? I am not a snob; I don't have to have the finest room in the finest hotel to have a good time. :)

What Disney is all about!

Upvote 0

bmarkelon

I'm not either. But like someone said "that's what Disney is all about". Everybody likes what they like and that's why there are so many different choices and they have the levels.

Upvote 0

britdaw

I'm not either. But like someone said "that's what Disney is all about". Everybody likes what they like and that's why there are so many different choices and they have the levels.
That's true... I just don't get people who absolutely refuse to stay in the value resorts. I mean it's Disney World. I'm sure even the value resorts are much better than some seedy Motel 6 you'd see on the side of the road somewhere.

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
We have often discussed a mod/deluxe. As a matter of fact my husband wanted to stay at the Beach Club. He tried to argue his point but he lost. We only use the room to sleep and shower. I just don't see the point in paying that much for the little time we spend in it.

Honey is that you? I thought my wife started an account on these boards...:p

I always get this same speach when i try to stay in a deluxe EVERY year!
I get the logic especially since im the one keeping us in the park all day and night, but the amenities, monorail, resteraunts, pools etc just make the vacation that much better. To me its worth the extra bucks but the boss just wont approve the budget :cry:

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

We have been to the resorts over 75 visits. We mostly stay AKL or WL, have stayed frequently at other deluxes, and our favorite mod is POFQ. We have a trip coming up that is split between the beaches on the east coast and now just 2 nights at WDW, so we figured we would try Pop. Only 2 nights is a good time to give it a chance.

We are empty nesters, go 4 x a year, just the 2 of us.

How do you think I will like it?

Upvote 0

mamamouse

LOL for real!!!sounds like what I would say just to be smart (although I so badly wanna stay at beach club)All in favour of staying at beach club let's plan our solo trips n get the ball rolling!!!
Nope, but her and I talked and decided that we are right and both of you husbands are wrong.:D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom