Debating over resorts! (meant to be funny)

Hulasista

I've been to WDW 3x, 2x with the family, 1x with the job. Next January will be the 4th trip.

We stayed at a deluxe/mod hotel (contemp/animal kingdom/boardwalk/orleans) ... and to be able to afford the trip, and avoid crowds, i'm trying to convince my mom and sister to settle on january and All star music suite (we're also bringing my 16 yr old son and my sisters 12 yr old son and 9 yr old daughter, 6 total)

Have ya'll ever had to CONVINCE/ARGUE logic behind a disney resort? LOL ... isn't it hilarious? we've been going at this for a month now. I just took the bull by the horns and booked it! Its $1000 less than spring break time (march) and allows us more $$ to spend in the parks!

Why I did that I don't know, because we went at it again last night! Hilarious! My mom dropped out of going! My sister said she don't like that resort! She wants to go to Saratoga or Coronado! I am aprehensive about the downgrade... don't want the Motel 6 feeling. But if it affords us a trip - why not? (I just finished a couple of emails trying to sell them on All Star Music using forum threads and pictures and allears site ... hee hee hee). Let the debates begin again!

Have you and your families ever jumped into heated debates about resorts (or any parts of a Disney trip?)

bmarkelon

That's true... I just don't get people who absolutely refuse to stay in the value resorts. I mean it's Disney World. I'm sure even the value resorts are much better than some seedy Motel 6 you'd see on the side of the road somewhere.
You are right about that, all of Disney's resorts truly aim to please. For us we justify the deluxe villas because we always stay at least 8 nights and we have 3 little ones that are now, 6, 3, and 13 months. We need that separate living space to accommodate naps and use the kitchen to cut down on spending some money at restaurants. We make this choice because it suits our needs and provides an extra comfortable stay so we can truly enjoy our vacation. And now that we have stayed on the monorail it is going to be so hard to go back, not until the kiddos are a few years older.

Upvote 0

H20Babie

Does it count if you argue with yourself where to stay? :D

It usually goes something like this:

Me "If we stay value, we save $$$, and can spend more time and have a longer vacation!"

Me2 "Yea, but it's a vacation; splurge a little, enjoy!"

And back and forth ...

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

Me "If we stay value, we save $$$, and can spend more time and have a longer vacation!"

And back and forth ...

lol...i do that but then i have all my answers ready when i bring it up to my husband and he starts asking the same questions.:)

Upvote 0

JEDI PRINCESS

The Convinience Factor

My family and I have visited Disney 12 trips and always stayed either at the Contemporary or the All Stars ( generally The Movies). The All Stars are always a big hit with our kids! The pools are great, the resort and the rooms are very children and families oriented. But for the parents can be a little stressfull. The rooms are LITTLE. Everyone is on each others face. There is no place to relax and rest. And is one persons on your party gets sick, seems like it's forever to get to your room. I recommend the All Stars for SHORT vacations !
The Contemporary along with the other monorail resorts are more than doble in price of what you would pay at The All Stars, but in moments of emergency or when you are really tired, you have your bed and the amenities at fingers length. That in my case, MAKES ALL THE DIFERENCE!

Upvote 0

dvcmooch

I'm just a plain ole guy; I let my wife do all of the planning (she loves that kind of stuff anyway) and I just go along for the ride. If anything goes wrong, I blame her!

Just kidding !

I have enjoyed every resort we've stayed at, from the All-Stars up to the DVC Villas, and have never been disappointed. And yes, sometimes they are just a place to sleep. But then, lots of times, they are vacations from the vacation (if you no what I mean). And I absolutely can't wait for the adventure my wife has planned next ! ! !

Upvote 0

britdaw

And back and forth ...

LOL I've been doing this... I know my girls want to stay at All-Star Movies 'cause it's more "fun", but I wanted to stay at POFQ or Poly with my hubby. Hmmmm.... It's a hard choice to make!

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

Love ASMu suites and have enjoyed stays at Pop too - neither are "motel 6". I will say this I have stayed at some high priced places due to conventions for work and let me tell you that none of the occasions that I have stayed at the value resorts have we ever had a room that was in the shape of some of these "high end" places! Playing a higher price for a hotel room does not guarantee you a nicer place to stay, it only guarantees you pay a higher price.
ASMu is our resort of choice when we don't take the RV. Love the atmosphere.

Upvote 0

Dad 2 M & M

This is how I feel too. We had planned to book the AKL but our girls want to stay at the ASM resort. I feel that if the kids really want to stay at the movies resort to swim in the Fantasia pool, who cares? I am not a snob; I don't have to have the finest room in the finest hotel to have a good time. :)
Same here. I always give half of the savings in room cost to my kids in "Disney Dollars". We just sleep and shower in the room.

Upvote 0

611williamsj

She wants to go to Saratoga or Coronado! I am aprehensive about the downgrade... don't want the Motel 6 feeling [/B]

All Stars is a Value Resort
Saratoga is a Disney Vacation Club Resort (Deluxe)
Coronado is a Moderate Resort

so non of them will be a downgrade they are better than All Stars except for cost they will be more exspensive

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom