Death to Tarzan Rocks

Legacy

I love the show personally. I like what they did with it (after all, the way the movie flows you're kinda limited in stage adaptation). I don't know, the music and everything really hits me with a good vibe. If it goes, I kinda wanna see a Brother Bear review, with a bit more story thrown in.

Looks like I'll have to wait for the Broadway Tarzan if it does go down. Eh...

barnum42

The show also grew on me when I was editing the tape I shot of it. I originally taped it a few years ago, then last year taped it from a better vantage point (twice). I've since spent many long hours splicing all three into one and am now looking forward to seeing it live again in a months time :D

MKCP 1985

3 full pages on this thread without any answer to the question - I'd count that as a negative response FOR NOW. Tarzan lives!

I haven't seen the show, don't want to see the show, but have read of it described as trying to include too many different elements, resulting in a disjointed, repetetive mish-mash.

Singers and skate-boarders: I smell a Disney Channel Original Movie! :lol:

CMTinkerBell

I'm not able to confirm anything either, this is news to me...but I did see the Jungle Book show that was there before, and Tarzan is MUCH better. Jungle Book seemed to drag on. Tarzan is the most expensive show on property.

wannabeBelle

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tarzan LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!! While I appreicate all the opinions of the people who arent into this show, I really do like it and would miss it terribly if it was gone. Also if it did end one day ( hopefully very far into the future) Would Disney replace it with something else?? Or stand there empty ala 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea?? Tarzan is too good of a show to just scrap and not put anything newer, bigger and better in its place!! Belle

he-guy

The Phil Collins music is what I like most about this show. But like Hunchback of ND, eventually better ideas will come along. I wish they would add Food Rocks as a preshow. I can see it now...

TARZAN *and food* ROCKS!

barnum42

Originally posted by he-guy
The Phil Collins music is what I like most about this show. But like Hunchback of ND, eventually better ideas will come along.
Sadly, nothing better then Hunchback came along. They just closed it with no replacement.

Langdonj

Hoping Tarzan continues to ROCK

Originally posted by barnum42
Sadly, nothing better then Hunchback came along. They just closed it with no replacement.
I was so disaapointed when I arrive at the Studios to find out Huntback had closed. But on the main subject, I loved the movie, have always loved Phil Colins' music, and though the singers aren't Phil, I love this show. It is a must see for me at AK. The lack of any confirmation that it is going would seem to bode well for this show. It has always been full when I go, it is a nice change of pace from every other show, the skaters and gymnasts are cool, and I feel the band is really tight (to be expected from doing the show for so long.) If you don't like the show, walk away, but please don't campaign to kill something I value highly, particularly when it may be replaced by nothing, like Hunchback.

Disneyland1970

I like the show for a way to sit for a spell, but in the hot summer months the arena can be like a sauna!!! Anyone know why the large fans on the upper levels are not always used...or are they broke...:( Any sort of breeze would help!!

Dwarful

well as far as the fans, perhaps Disney, like the St.Louis Muny Theater (which is a large outdoor theater for Musicals, concerts, etc), shuts down the fans when the performance starts because they don't want the noise of the fans running to interfere with the audiences ability to hear the show. That is one show where you don't want to slide all the way down to the next person on the bench, allowing a little breathing room will make everyone more comfy.

TURKEY

I went today and I had to get up and leave the theatre. I wasn't the only one that did.

It sounded horrible. The music seemed ok, but the lead and backups seemed slightly off and their voices together just didn't work for me.

I noticed the quality of the show going down the last time (vocally), but today it was bad.

If it's going to be that bad, I wish it would get replaced.

KevinPage

Original Poster
Originally posted by Pippa
Me too!!! I feel a Kungaloosh coming on!

BTW for the record I love Tarzan Rocks!

Ah, you Brits like anything (blood pudding, bangers & mash, fish-n-chips, do I need to go on?):hurl: :hurl: :hurl: :hurl:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

barnum42

Originally posted by KevinPage
Ah, you Brits like anything (blood pudding, bangers & mash, fish-n-chips, do I need to go on?):hurl: :hurl: :hurl: :hurl:
But even we draw the line at grits :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom