DDE card?

cajunCinderella

Original Poster
We are new AP holders and just found out about DDE card and it seems like a good deal. I was going to call and order one then I read it takes 3-4 weeks to receive it and our trip is in 23 days. I tried calling Disney and was on hold forever and gave up so im hoping someone here can help. Is there anyway I could order it and pick it up while were in WDW?

jasondiff

You can call and order it and they will have a printout waiting for you at Epcot Guest Relations to use during your trip if the card doesn't arrive in time. Actually you very well may get it in time, mine took 2 weeks.

Tramp

We ordered the DDE card while at the Magic Kingdom and they told us they would fax a letter to us anywhere we wanted, including any park or hotel. We had it faxed to the Magic Kingdom guest relations and used it within an hour of receiving it. The actual card took several weeks to get.

This was two years ago so check to see if this is still their policy. Keep in mind that the card is valid immediately so you don't want to order it 6 months before your trip if you're planning on using it on several trips.

This is a terrific program and, if I recall, you break even after you spend $250 on meals. We broke even within two days.

pinkrose

What is the DDE Card?

Disney Dining Experience. It gives you 20% off on meals at most all sit downs and some counter service.

i ordered mine on Jan. 2 and am still waiting. We arrive at WDW next, so if it's not here by then, it will still be waiting for me at Epcot.

DisneyNut7578

We are AP holders, and this is one of the greatest benefits offered. It covers your entire meal, including alcohol, and pays for itself with a few uses. My wife and I will always purchase it every single year. It's especially great if you enjoy the table service restaurants, which we do.

Good choice, and have fun!

PhilharMagician

The DDE is well worth th money. I believe you can fax the form and I thought the form ahd a check box about being there in less than 30 days. This way you can pick it up at WDW.

AutumnKlassic

Keep in mind that the card is valid immediately so you don't want to order it 6 months before your trip if you're planning on using it on several trips.

Is it valid when they send it or when you sent for it? If it takes 30 days to get it then you miss out on around 30 days of the discount and if you book 2 trips in a year that are almost a year apart then you would need to get another card?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I've been following details about DDE for a while now [I ordered mine earlier this week and pick up a temporary card at Epcot Guest Relations on 10 Feb].

The way I understand it, the card is good for a year from when you buy it, but because of shipping time and delays, it usually comes with an expiry date at the end of the month after you ordered [ example: I ordered mid-January '07, mine will expire at the end of Feb '08].

For those who don't know, the cards are only sold to Florida residents and/or AP holders [you can order it if you have an AP certificate that hasn't been activated yet].

Lots of info on the DDE program at Allears.net.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I am beyond a DDE user... I'm probably an abuser right now.

I've counted the savings, and that little card has paid for itself 5 times over :)

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I am beyond a DDE user... I'm probably an abuser right now.

I've counted the savings, and that little card has paid for itself 5 times over :)

But Rob, you abuse everything don't you? :lol:

MickeyTigg

You can call and order it and they will have a printout waiting for you at Epcot Guest Relations to use during your trip if the card doesn't arrive in time. Actually you very well may get it in time, mine took 2 weeks.

I love my DDE card. I ordered it two weeks ago and it came today.

Another suggestion would be to contact the AP ticketing people and they may be able to put you through.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Just a note of caution. The card comes in the name of whomever ordered it. So, if your significant other wants to take a trip and the card is in your name, technically, the other cant use it. On our last trip, we used it at least twent times and were only questioned twice (both at the resort), never in the parks. So, you may want to make sure its in the name of the person who will likely be at every meal or using it more....

Ashleigh

We went to Disney World this past August and were also first time AP holders. I had read about the card and was excited to purchase it since it sounded like such a good deal (which it is)!

We just had a few problems getting our card. We waited to get our AP's until our first day there so we couldn't get our DDE card until we were there. When we checked into our hotel (Beach Club Villas) we asked the CM where we could purchase the DDE card and they said at any guest realtions counter at the front of the parks. So after checking into our hotel we got onto the first bus that pulled up (AK) and decided to buy our AP's at guest relations and get our DDE card. When we got to AK guest realtions, we got our AP's but they said we couldn't get the DDE card there. They gave us a number to call to get info on the card, but they didn't have any more info on what we had to do to get it.

We made it back to the hotel to get ready for our dinner reservations that evening at Ohana. My husband and I REALLY wanted to get the card because we were with my whole family (8 people) and we were paying for dinner that evening. We called the number at about 4:00 PM and we were told that we could get the card ONLY from EPCOT guest relations (front of the park). They said you only had until 5:00 PM in the evening to purcahse it and it wouldn't be ready until the next day (which made no sense since they don't actually give you the card, they just give you a temporary letter saying that you have purchased the card). We told them our situation and that we had been trying all day to get the card and that we were sent ALL over looking for this card and that we had dinner reservations at 5:15 PM that evening and every CM we spoke to (about 4 different CM's just at that location) said there was nothing they could do for us. We even left the rest of the family to rush up to EPCOT guest relations to see if someone could give us SOMETHING to prove that we had actually bought the DDE card for that evening and we were told that there was nothing they could do (they specifically told us that they no longer faxed to the restaurant and they would NOT fax something to Ohana for us).

This story does have a happy ending though. We went to Ohana and were exhausted and disappointed that we had wasted the day chasing down this card (which we now owned, but couldn't use because we didn't have a letter that said we had it and we had to rush tomorrow morning back to EPCOT guest relations to pick up this letter which will say that it was effective for this day). Anyway, at the end of our meal, my husband politely told our waitress the story and asked if there was anything we could do (we were willing to pay the full bill that night and bring the letter back tomorrow and maybe have them refund the discount). She got the Manager at Ohana and he told us not to worry about it. He believed us and just took the 20% off our bill. The only thing he did say was that the rules had changed and they were no longer to take faxes or make calls if someone didn't have their card or letter. Needless to say, that CM went above and beyond what we had expected.

In warning, I would suggest getting the DDE card before you arrive, or getting the info about times and rules before you leave. They have made the rules very different from what I had read on line and there were MANY CM's that didn't know the new rules, had misinformation, or had no idea about the DDE card in the first place. To get the most out of your card, my suggestion would be to call the day before you leave to order it, and then pick it up at EPCOT guest relations your first day at the park.

In addition, the card has proven to be well worth the money, and once we had it, we have had no problems using it. We have actually saved a lot of money and still have two more trips this year in which we plan to save even more.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Disney Dining Experience is separate from WDW. The contact info is:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BY MAIL: Disney's Dining Experience, Post Office Box 10000, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

BY PHONE: (407) 566-5858.
[/FONT]

LouDisney

I ordered mine at the end of December and got it about 2-3 weeks later...I can't wait to use it. I have always heard it was well worth it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom