DDE card?

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Just a note of caution. The card comes in the name of whomever ordered it. So, if your significant other wants to take a trip and the card is in your name, technically, the other cant use it. On our last trip, we used it at least twent times and were only questioned twice (both at the resort), never in the parks. So, you may want to make sure its in the name of the person who will likely be at every meal or using it more....
I have my tricks to get around that. :)

Among them are paying cash and having my card issued to R Krex rather than Robert Krex, so my brother, uncle, and several cousins can use it :)

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I have my tricks to get around that. :)

Among them are paying cash and having my card issued to R Krex rather than Robert Krex, so my brother, uncle, and several cousins can use it :)

So, when you marry will one stipulation be that she has to have R as an initial? :lookaroun

:lol:

elcheapo

mine is great and after you use it a whole bunch of times I always sell it on ebay after and usuallly get all the money I paid for it back. Its a win-win

elcheapo

I have already sold the card 4 years in a row and ALWAYS sold it for full price to non AP holders on ebay. Although it is non-transferable I used the card and fellow friends/family used the same one over 100 times and nobody was ever asked for ID at disney

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I have already sold the card 4 years in a row and ALWAYS sold it for full price to non AP holders on ebay. Although it is non-transferable I used the card and fellow friends/family used the same one over 100 times and nobody was ever asked for ID at disney

Wow, and you talk like you are proud of it.....

Laura

Premium Member
OK I have a question about the DDE. I had one of these last year when I had an AP and I loved it.

I would like to have it again since we eat so many sit down meals, but I'm not planning to get an AP this year.

The AllEarsNet site states that Annual Passholders "Receive $25 off the regular price of the Disney Dining Experience Membership." So that means there's a REGULAR price of the membership. Does this mean that non-AP holders can also get the DDE? Or is the regular rate for Florida Residents? Anyone know?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
OK I have a question about the DDE. I had one of these last year when I had an AP and I loved it.

I would like to have it again since we eat so many sit down meals, but I'm not planning to get an AP this year.

The AllEarsNet site states that Annual Passholders "Receive $25 off the regular price of the Disney Dining Experience Membership." So that means there's a REGULAR price of the membership. Does this mean that non-AP holders can also get the DDE? Or is the regular rate for Florida Residents? Anyone know?

From Allears:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
-- General Membership (Florida Residents ONLY): $85.00
-- Annual/Seasonal Passholders' Rate: $60.00
-- Florida Resident (non-Passholder) Renewals: $70.00 (for existing memberships received within 30 days of expiration date)
--
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Add a second membership for your spouse or partner for only $25 more.[/FONT]

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy

Good example of why many of the rules changes have been implemented and will probably continue to be modified....:fork:

Yes, they used to fax temporary cards, but people shared and abused that, so you now have to wait for mailing or pick up the temporary with a picture ID at Epcot. Additionally, they used to offer a spouse card for free, but again that was abused, selling that card and keeping one, so you now have to pay for a second.

Like too many costs and rules at WDW, largely a result of our abuse. :(

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Good example of why many of the rules changes have been implemented and will probably continue to be modified....:fork:

Yes, they used to fax temporary cards, but people shared and abused that, so you now have to wait for mailing or pick up the temporary with a picture ID at Epcot. Additionally, they used to offer a spouse card for free, but again that was abused, selling that card and keeping one, so you now have to pay for a second.

Like too many costs and rules at WDW, largely a result of our abuse. :(

Well stated. Those that buy and sell cards are likely the first to complain when prices go up.

Laura

Premium Member
From Allears:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
-- General Membership (Florida Residents ONLY): $85.00
-- Annual/Seasonal Passholders' Rate: $60.00
-- Florida Resident (non-Passholder) Renewals: $70.00 (for existing memberships received within 30 days of expiration date)
--
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Add a second membership for your spouse or partner for only $25 more.[/FONT]

Thanks dude. :animwink:

That's a bummer.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
http://cgi.ebay.com/WALT-DISNEY-WOR...goryZ143QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I see that... however, you more than likely won't sell it :) No one pays full retail for a used card.

Especially with someone else's name on it. :lol:

Then how come there are no listings under completed items on Ebay?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Especially with someone else's name on it. :lol:

Then how come there are no listings under completed items on Ebay?

Perhaps because ElCheapo is more bluster and bravado [and troublemaker, but it didn't fit my alliterative trend] than fact?

elcheapo

Please don't be jealous or harsh I am like the 100 people on ebay selling tickets, but don't be mad since I thought of it first. And yes the name is on it but if they never ask for ID then the name really doesn't matter

PKD

Please don't be jealous or harsh I am like the 100 people on ebay selling tickets, but don't be mad since I thought of it first. And yes the name is on it but if they never ask for ID then the name really doesn't matter

*brings soapbox to center court*

No one would be mad that you "thought of it first" as I, and many others here could care less. What we do care about is that your cheating the system. The age old saying, "because someone else did it makes it right for you to do it?" The ticket sellers are better then you because they at least sell the product "un-used" (meaing the sellers that don't "raise" the ticket price)

What you are doing is trying to use, say your Annual Pass, and then resell it for full price, or any price at that matter. Just wrong on many levels.

*steps off soapbox*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom