DCA : How would you fix the park ?

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Put me in charge right now and this is what I would do..

1. Immediately replace Mission Cheapout with a Hotel Hightower / TZ ToT mix. Original story keeping with the haunted / mystic hotel concept.
2. Scratch Marvel Land, replace with a proper Pixar Land. More adult than Bug's Land but just as kid friendly.
3. Destroy and replace Pixar Pier theme, but add some concepts and elements to make it Paradise Pier 2.0. Maybe make it a beautiful harbor from the 1700 -1800's with some surprises?
4. Refurb Grizzly River Run; add a small number of audio animatronics and a secret story.
5. Refurb Soarin' with all-new scenes showcasing the beauty of the United States. NO CGI.
6. Bring back MV3D, or something just as funny to that space.
7. Replace Frozen at the Hyperion theatre with a high-energy show based on a well-loved Disney animation movie.
8. Beef up Hollywood land. Make it look more authentic. I strongly dislike the area by Monster's Inc.
9. Animation Academy? Take all of the beloved trains / animatronics / features from old, defunct Disney park attractions and put them in here. Make it a museum where you can get up close and personal. Ex; the old Harry from Matterhorn, put him in there somewhere and flip the switch to on. Put "Hollywood Tower Hotel" sign, if that would fit, on a wall somewhere and light it up. Things like that.

Cars Land and Buena Vista Street are the only safe areas in my re-imagining of DCA.

CraftyFox

I’de move the Marvel and Pixar stuff on the outskirts of the park. Followed by gutting Monsters Inc and turning it into something more on theme. Focus the rest of the park back on a romanticized view of California’s history. It really looked like they were going in a good direction back in 2013.

Phroobar

1. Combine the Millionaire building and Monsters Inc into an omnimover celebrating the movies hosted by the Muppets.
2. Return Muppetvision to it's theater but with a new movie.
2. Turn Hollywood and Dine back into Flynn's arcade if they don't build one for Tomorrowland.
3. Enclose the stairs and add proper decorations to the Hyperion Theater.
4. Add a Cars based Drive in theater restaurant to Carsland.
5. Give us the Hightower Hotel
6. Grizzly River Run gets animals and a large dinosaur in the cave
7. Restore and upgrade the sorcerer's workshop walkthru with Ursala's grotto and the Horned King from the Black Cauldron.
8. State of the art Country Bear Jamboree instead of the Challange Trail.
9 SF buildings get an earthquake trolley ride simulator.

cheezbat

People seem to hate this park...but honestly I’d take this over Hollywood Studios any day. So much more to do there and it isnt full of 30 year old stage shows.
They have the Incredicoaster, Grizzly River Run, Little Mermaid, Monsters Inc, Guardians of the Galaxy, Soarin, Toy Story Mania, Carsland, And soon a Marvel land. It already has more to do to entertain me than DHS...and there’s more to come.

Now if I had my way, the Hollywood area of the park would have kept the Aladdin show and added another dark ride...add animatronics to Grizzly River Run...add the Country Bears show nearby Grizzly...and Galaxy’s Edge would’ve been built on the expansion pad. The park would be pretty darn close to equal to Disneyland at least in things to do.

EPCOTCenterLover

People seem to hate this park...but honestly I’d take this over Hollywood Studios any day. So much more to do there and it isnt full of 30 year old stage shows.
They have the Incredicoaster, Grizzly River Run, Little Mermaid, Monsters Inc, Guardians of the Galaxy, Soarin, Toy Story Mania, Carsland, And soon a Marvel land. It already has more to do to entertain me than DHS...and there’s more to come.
I agree 100%.

Little Green Men

Now if I had my way, the Hollywood area of the park would have kept the Aladdin show and added another dark ride...add animatronics to Grizzly River Run...add the Country Bears show nearby Grizzly...and Galaxy’s Edge would’ve been built on the expansion pad. The park would be pretty darn close to equal to Disneyland at least in things to do.
I’d say once DHS has Starwars land and MMRR it will have equal big attractions, but still light on small attractions. All DHS attractions fit under the movies/ Hollywood concept while DCA is a hodge poge of themes.

Professortango1

to play devil's advocate, one could say because you can just go visit the real locations since you are in California. it's the same reason why Phantom Manor's grave yard scene is set to the old west and not how it looks at Disneyland or Disneyworld because those type of cemetaries are all over paris and people can poke their head out the window if they wanted to see that.

I can visit Calico yet I still enjoy Frontierland because of Big Thunder. I can go to the zoo and see real jungle animals but Jungle Cruise is still a blast. DCAs issue was trying to replicate California instead of exploring the fictional mythical land of "California." I want to hunt for Bigfoot, explore the lost city of Mu, ride through San Francisco in 1906 during the earthquake, flee from 30's gangsters in Hollywoodland, ride with Zorro past Spanish missions, discover El Dorado, etc.

Phroobar

I can visit Calico yet I still enjoy Frontierland because of Big Thunder. I can go to the zoo and see real jungle animals but Jungle Cruise is still a blast. DCAs issue was trying to replicate California instead of exploring the fictional mythical land of "California." I want to hunt for Bigfoot, explore the lost city of Mu, ride through San Francisco in 1906 during the earthquake, flee from 30's gangsters in Hollywoodland, ride with Zorro past Spanish missions, discover El Dorado, etc.
So many good ideas and they can't come up with anything but bad puns and IPs that aren't even based in California.

Last edited:

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Imagineers are capable of building THE most impressive attractions in the world. It's criminal they're under such a stranglehold from corporate, that their best offerings are now Mission Cheapout, Pixar Pier, and Marvel Land.

Suspirian

I dunno. I’m starting to wonder why I get so worked up about endless crowds, lines, minor thrills, overpriced mediocre food and robots in rubber masks mouthing to a music loop.

Maybe it’s because it’s been overcast all weekend and it’s got me kind of down.

Ive become a lot less interested in this stuff recently. Its not a bad thing though

DanielBB8

Imagineers are capable of building THE most impressive attractions in the world. It's criminal they're under such a stranglehold from corporate, that their best offerings are now Mission Cheapout, Pixar Pier, and Marvel Land.
My issue with this framing is their IP is quite popular and creative. Marvel and Pixar is absolutely the pinnacle of Superhero movies and 3D animation. If we take issue with how they are followed through in the theme parks, then I would encourage them to do better. Mission Breakout isn't a bad adaption of the former Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. I certainly don't miss the previous attraction especially in the newer shortened format of TOT. Pixar Pier deserves better attractions, but there's nothing wrong with overlaying the existing Paradise Pier. And Marvel Land might actually turn out terrific. Avengers Endgame proves how durable the IP is.

RollerCoaster

my idea is not a combining. mine is tear down dca as it currently is completely and forever and start over and make it an expansion of disneyland

Why can't you look at it right now as an "expansion of Disneyland"? What makes you think that making it an expansion of Disneyland is going to please you or the ridiculous fanbase that is overly critical of California Adventure?

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
or the ridiculous fanbase that is overly critical of California Adventure?

Hey man to each their own, if you don't mind throwing your money at the ever-increasing park ticket prices while Disney "EnHaNcEs" attractions and features for purposes of IP implementation / advertisement / merchandising,.. then by all means.

Us overly-critical peeps want something better, especially with the money we're spending.

TROR

Why can't you look at it right now as an "expansion of Disneyland"? What makes you think that making it an expansion of Disneyland is going to please you or the ridiculous fanbase that is overly critical of California Adventure?
DCA is a great park and I love it. What I don’t love is the harm they’ve done to in the last few years. It deserves to be criticized.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom