DashHaber's Imagineering Toybox

EmFromPlanetEarth

Sorry it took a while on this. Honestly, this wound up being a little more difficult than I expected. If anyone has any thoughts on it, like portions I could trim or a story arc I could better focus on, let me know.

Aladdin’s Wondrous Journey
(Trackless dark ride)
Hop aboard a magic carpet and fly through the adventure of Aladdin and his magic lamp. Glide through the Cave of Wonders and witness the Genie’s magic, as his tricks help to show Aladdin and Princess Jasmine a whole new world.

The more that I thought about it, the more a trackless dark ride seems appealing for Aladdin. As I mentioned, though, this wound up being a little difficult to think out. I mentioned before about focusing on key moments or images and Aladdin has plenty of great sights. Hopefully my approach works. Anyway, the queue would be based around the streets of Agrabah, as you snake through the streets and alleyways. Periodically, you might even hear the calls of guards who are hunting down Aladdin. Eventually, you reach the loading area, with the ride vehicles being magic carpets. You hop aboard and move towards, eventually reaching the street vendor from the start of the original film. He tells you to look within and discover the "diamond in the rough", with a nearby sand dune morphs into the Cave of Wonders. It is into that impressive mouth that we enter the familiar tale.

Treasures surround us as we pass, with Abu tempted by the sights. Aladdin finds the lamp and rubs it, as the cave rumbles and threatens destruction. However, a bluish/purplish tunnel appears to swirl around us, as we find ourselves meeting the Genie. The room is a colorful space, as "Friend Like Me" plays and our vehicles moves around to join in the fun. Plenty of goofy antics and silly sights are on display, until our carpets head towards a cavern exit. We find ourselves back in Agrabah, as the carpets take parade formation as "Prince Ali" plays. Plenty of familiar characters can be seen here, with Aladdin trying to impress Jasmine and Jafar looking on with suspicion. The mood softens, however, as the carpets turn into screen areas, giving a simulator-like feel of flying high into the sky. They turn from there and pass Aladdin and Jasmine, singing "A Whole New World". Moving away, it appears as if we descend, though there is danger around. The palace halls have a sinister color, as we hear Jafar rant about his power and see Iago harassing the Sultan. It's there that we turn into a wide room, our carpets dashing back and forth as Aladdin battles Jafar in snake form. A turn into another hallway as a screen at the other end, as Jafar transforms into a genie...and then promptly is captured in a lamp, the look of the palace walls changing around us.

With that, we turn back into the streets as Aladdin and Princess Jasmine sit on their own magic carpet, together at last. Genie surprises us with one last appearance (perhaps making a theme park reference, like saying he'll see us at the gift shop or that he's heading off to It's a Small World) as we head towards the unloading area.
I really like this! I always felt like genie was the most obvious choice for an interactive animatronic, and i think it would be really cool.

EmFromPlanetEarth

Here’s an idea: a simulator ride in animal kingdom, similar to the proposed bullet train ride that was made for the Japan pavilion in Epcot, but you Board motion simulators that look like gondola cars, and ride up to Mount Everest, and have an encounter with the yeti, and it ends with your gondola’s railing being snapped by the yeti, swinging from the rail, then your car falls from the rail completely and sends your vehicle down the edge of the mountain, and safely landing back wher Basically a tamer alternative of expedition Everest for those afraid of heights or are not old enough to ride. What do you think?

DashHaber

Original Poster
I really like this! I always felt like genie was the most obvious choice for an interactive animatronic, and i think it would be really cool.
Good point. Maybe instead of just a theme park reference, he could be like the Roz animatronic in Mike and Sulley to the Rescue! and chat to the guests as they head to the unloading area.

Also, that simulator idea is a neat one. It's actually neat to consider the idea of something like that as a more accessible option for guests that might not be able to get onto Expedition Everest. Almost makes me think of the idea of a simulator by Mission: Space, to offer a choice for guests that don't want to experience the major G forces.

Last edited:

DashHaber

Original Poster
Thanks to @ThatGuyFromFlorida for inspiring this idea.

Wonders of the Cosmos
(Simulator)
International Space Research and Exploration is an organization devoted to understanding the reaches of space and finding mankind’s next great step among the stars. In one of their Stellar Observation Chambers, you will take a tour among the stars and see that wonder for yourself.

This particular attraction I definitely picture for Epcot, located near Mission: Space as part of a space pavilion of sorts. While Mission: Space has its lore of the ISTC training the future astronauts of tomorrow, International Space Research and Exploration (or ISRE) would be a companion organization based more around studying the reaches of space and understanding what lies out among the stars. In effect, they'd be the strategic research and support for ISTC's eventual missions. The look even goes along with that, the main building resembling a sleeker, more futuristic version of an observatory. As guests would enter, they would follow hallways that are lined with signs discussing the achievements in space observation and research. They would also learn of ISRE, their mission, and how they seek to help inspire people with the potentials of space travel. You will eventually reach a preshow area, where a lead director for ISRE appears on monitors and explains how they send out drones to help observe and map out space. With the Stellar Observation Chamber you're about to enter, you will be given an incredible view that others dream of by connecting to those drones. Eventually, the doors open and you enter a theater.

Sitting in your chair, the doors will close and the large screens will kick up, connecting to one of the drones. With that, the drone broadcasts an incredible view of the Solar System. As the drone flies around and gives us these sights, the theater floor seems to tilt and move. Yes, this is no ordinary simulator. It is more of a dynamic theater, with plenty of seats as the tilting floor gives that feel of motion. However, the motions aren't hectic or frantic. It's a more gentle, swaying sensation. More to grant the sensation of coasting among the stars and witnessing the beauty of the cosmos. Eventually, our time in the chamber comes to an end, as the director thanks us for our visit today and hopes that some of us might be inspired to take that step further into the cosmos.

NigelChanning

Thanks to @ThatGuyFromFlorida for inspiring this idea.

Wonders of the Cosmos
(Simulator)
International Space Research and Exploration is an organization devoted to understanding the reaches of space and finding mankind’s next great step among the stars. In one of their Stellar Observation Chambers, you will take a tour among the stars and see that wonder for yourself.

This particular attraction I definitely picture for Epcot, located near Mission: Space as part of a space pavilion of sorts. While Mission: Space has its lore of the ISTC training the future astronauts of tomorrow, International Space Research and Exploration (or ISRE) would be a companion organization based more around studying the reaches of space and understanding what lies out among the stars. In effect, they'd be the strategic research and support for ISTC's eventual missions. The look even goes along with that, the main building resembling a sleeker, more futuristic version of an observatory. As guests would enter, they would follow hallways that are lined with signs discussing the achievements in space observation and research. They would also learn of ISRE, their mission, and how they seek to help inspire people with the potentials of space travel. You will eventually reach a preshow area, where a lead director for ISRE appears on monitors and explains how they send out drones to help observe and map out space. With the Stellar Observation Chamber you're about to enter, you will be given an incredible view that others dream of by connecting to those drones. Eventually, the doors open and you enter a theater.

Sitting in your chair, the doors will close and the large screens will kick up, connecting to one of the drones. With that, the drone broadcasts an incredible view of the Solar System. As the drone flies around and gives us these sights, the theater floor seems to tilt and move. Yes, this is no ordinary simulator. It is more of a dynamic theater, with plenty of seats as the tilting floor gives that feel of motion. However, the motions aren't hectic or frantic. It's a more gentle, swaying sensation. More to grant the sensation of coasting among the stars and witnessing the beauty of the cosmos. Eventually, our time in the chamber comes to an end, as the director thanks us for our visit today and hopes that some of us might be inspired to take that step further into the cosmos.
Is this ride system similar to Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon at Universal Orlando?

DashHaber

Original Poster
Is this ride system similar to Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon at Universal Orlando?
I confess I'm not familiar with the ride system for that. The idea for that ride type came from seeing this video for a "Dynamic Motion Theater":

...And thinking of a use for it. Obviously, it wouldn't be as crazy or hectic as in this test video, but I like the idea of this ride system and thought about using it somehow. The idea just fell into place for a more accessible type of simulator.

DashHaber

Original Poster
Frantic Flickers
(Dark ride)
Step onto the silver screen at the Main Street Picture Show, as you climb aboard a motor car and speed along a madcap chase crossing paths with dashing heroes, moustache-twirling cads, and calamitous cops!

So, I recently took part in the One Sentence Competition, which was a lot of fun. One of the rounds called for coming up with an attraction for Main Street, U.S.A. and that was my basic pitch: a dark ride set in a Keystone Studios-style silent movie. I thought I might elaborate a little more here, as the idea is one I still really like that could make for a fun addition to that section of a Disney park. The exterior would be the Main Street Picture Show, a movie palace exterior (which lights up nicely in the evening) whose marquee has the title of their current movie: Millie's Perils. Passing beneath the marquee, guests enter a lobby filled with posters for various silent movies (a prime chance for some playful references). From there, the queue leading into the screening room towards the screen, which is currently frozen on a title card reading Our Main Characters. Up on the screen are three character portraits shown: a handsome man with chiseled jaw (Dan, our Hero), a curly-haired lady with expressive eyes (Millie, our Damsel), and a leering man with top hat and twirling his moustache (Roderick, our Cad).

Guests head toward the screen, where there is a tear. Walking through it, they enter a monochrome version of a police station (complete with a picture of one car that is piled up with a ton of officers inside). This is our loading area, as guests head toward the loading platform. There, they climb inside an old-fashioned motor car and take a turn around the corner, towards a set of crash doors designed to resemble a title card reading Help!. The monochrome is gone as we find ourselves in a colorful, exaggerated version of a town much like Main Street, as Roderick dashes away with Millie in his clutches. Dan gives chase, as we speed along and nearly crash into a cramped police car joining the excitement. I confess I haven't thought of exact scenes in the ride, but I imagine a series of scenes filled with old-school slapstick and classic silent movie imagery as we follow this madcap plot. The finale would definitely bring us through a fancy party, where we find our characters (and unlucky extras) caught up in a big pie fight (complete with a few air jets to let us feel like we nearly get hit by the flying desserts). Eventually, we reach the end of the film, with Dan and Millie together and Roderick all tied up and splattered with pie. We heard towards monochrome crash doors resembling a title card that reads Foiled Again! as we return to the monochrome unloading area. From there, we step through an exit that's another screen tear, this one saying The End.

DashHaber

Original Poster
Was really good Dash!

I'll try to think of one and get back to you
Thanks. Yeah, I can't wait to see what you request.

If you want a funny (and impossible) idea, you should try making a theme park based on Cats (2019)!
Maybe after Team Prospero posts their project, I might whip up an attraction of my own based on that movie.

DashHaber

Original Poster
Jem and the Holograms! 3D
(3D show)
Congratulations on winning VIP tickets to see an exclusive concert with Jem and the Holograms! Unfortunately, the Misfits and their hacker henchman Techrat are here to spoil the show, though the result might just be truly, truly outrageous!

In the recent SYWTBAI contest, we had one round where the prompt was to come up with new islands for Islands of Adventure. My team had picked Hasbro for one of the new islands. They went with a focus on Hasbro's board games, which had worked well, though I'll admit some of Hasbro's other properties were on my mind. For instance, Jem popped into my head. I've got a fondness for the property, thanks to those very '80s designs and catchy songs. So, what better approach for that than a 3D show? The exterior and queue would bring guests through the Marx-Newark Auditorium, a theater with a very '80s aesthetic. Plenty of neon and colors that pop. The halls feature posters for various musical acts like the Misfits, the Stingers, and of course Jem and the Holograms, and speakers play a selection of songs from the original Jem series. Along the way, guests will pick up their 3D glasses (referred to as spectator visors) and head towards a room marked "VIP Waiting Area". In this plush-looking waiting room, guests are treated to a pre-show on monitors, in the form of an exclusive backstage video.

A reporter for MBN (Music Broadcasting Network) is there to give this behind the scenes peek, chatting with Jerrica Benton. Jerrica recaps some of the history of Jem and the Holograms (catching guests up on some of the plot behind the property), while dodging questions about where Jem is. However, the broadcast gets hijacked by the Misfits, who promise to make this a show that fans will never forget. The feed cuts back, as backstage gets thrown into chaos from this news. There's a call to get the show ready, and in the chaos, Jerrica gives a touch to her earrings and says, "Showtime, Synergy!". We get a brief view of holograms changing Jerrica's appearance into Jem, but then the feed cuts out before much longer. With that, the doors open and guests head into the theater. The show that unfolds starts out as a normal Jem and the Holograms concert, but then the lights and holograms start going haywire. It turns out Techrat is messing with the theater's systems, using his hacker skills to let the Misfits steal the show. Thus, it becomes a battle of the bands (in more ways than one). Eventually, Techrat gets caught and the show is saved, with Jem performing a big send-off for guests before they exit the theater.

DashHaber

Original Poster
G.I. Joe: Escape from Cobra
(Simulator)
What should be a fun day at the World Expo turns out to be a trap by Cobra, seeking to brainwash civilians into Cobra recruits! However, G. I. Joe is here to save the day, and their Civilian Aerial Bus will send you flying on a high-stakes escape!

To continue on the Hasbro train of thought, one property that would definitely be an inspiration for attractions would be G.I. Joe. Of course, there are two main thoughts that I had in terms of attractions here, with one being this simulator ride. This particular approach is based in the idea of us being civilians who find ourselves caught up in the sort of plot you'd see in an episode of the '80s cartoon. In this case, guests enter the Arboc Technological Showcase, a part of this World Expo showing off new inventions for the future. It's all slick and advanced, catching the eyes of guests as they wander among the exhibits to the Promo Screening Room. Once inside, guests watch the pre-show, which starts off looking like a standard corporate promo-reel...at least, until the familiar cackle of Cobra Commander fills the air! The monitors change to hypno-screens, as Cobra Commander tells us that we will become the latest soldiers for the forces of Cobra! However, the screens flicker and the feed cuts out, changing to an image of Duke in a control booth. He explains that G.I. Joe are here to rescue us, and that they have a fleet of Civilian Aerial Buses (CAB) waiting to get us to safety.

With a security door opened up, guests head through a security hallway (more utilitarian compared to the slick look out front) that brings them to the loading area. One more preshow (led by Scarlett) outlines proper safety behavior aboard the CAB (complete with a "And knowing is half the battle" mention at the end). Once that is finished, guests enter a set of doors, and climb into the CAB. It's a sleek-looking transport ship, with the inside to match. Once inside and buckled up, a monitor lights up with the face of Ace (our pilot) telling us to be ready for a bumpy flight. He's certainly telling the truth, as our escape finds us flying into a crazy aerial battle! Red and blue lasers blast across the sky, as our flight bobs and weaves among the aerial combatants. We even end up diverted towards a battleship commanded by Cobra Commander and Destro. However, Ace's flight skills end up providing a useful distraction, and G.I. Joe forces manage to blast down the battleship. With Cobra on the retreat, Ace flies us to a G.I. Joe safe base, where we disembark.

DashHaber

Original Poster
Finally, an opportunity.

COBRRAAAAAAAAA!!!
Happy you like it.

G.I. Joe: Cobra Strike
(Shooter dark ride)
Welcome to the ranks of G.I. Joe, new recruits, but there’s no time for a training session! Cobra has just launched a surprise attack, and it’s up to you to help save the day with your laser blasters.

This is the other major attraction idea I have in mind for G.I. Joe. If the previous one has guests as civilians, this shooter dark ride would have us as brand-new recruit for the elite forces of G.I. Joe. To be specific, the queue takes us through a training facility for G.I. Joe, military in design and with high-end tech throughout. The first portion is designed as a more welcoming area, as monitors feature a welcome message from General Hawk, filling new recruits in on the history and work of the G.I. Joe team. Signs talk about the training regimen, which will determine which departments are best suited for the new recruits. Later in the queue, security lights are going off. Duke appears on the monitors, informing us that training will have to wait. Cobra has just launched a surprise attack near the base, trying to steal an experimental mech-armor from a research laboratory. Agents on-hand are needed for the battle, and that means you. Thankfully, assault vehicles with laser blasters wait for us. Thus, we head into the loading area, designed as the launch bay. Monitors early in this area showcase key members of Cobra, while monitors closer to the loading area outline proper safety procedures.

Once we climb into our assault vehicle, we leave the base and take to the streets. Cobra soldiers are out in full force led by the Baroness, but Duke and Scarlett are there to help lead the charge. You have to be quick on the draw with your laser blasters, as some foes will send your vehicle spinning if they're not stopped. Evading the initial strike, we enter the research facility (where there's plenty of destruction caused by Cobra). Destro tries to ambush us with elite forces, but Snake Eyes is there to cut a path as we weave through the onslaught. Eventually, the true threat arrives, as we see Cobra Commander piloting the mech-armor. He throws taunts and laser blasts at us as we do battle with the mech, until it eventually starts sparking. As Cobra Commander yells out, "Retreat!", our assault vehicle speeds out of there as we hear an exposion. We're back on the streets, where Duke, Scarlett, and Snake Eyes wait for us. Though Cobra Commander managed to escape, they thank us for our courage in facing him head-on. With their congratulations, we return back to the base and unload.

DashHaber

Original Poster
Great job wonder ip attractions you plan to do next?
While I will think up a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic attraction at some point thanks to this Hasbro track, the two more immediate ideas I'm thinking next are a Final Fight dark ride and a Strider roller coaster (for which I'd like to give credit to @Sharon&Susan for first mentioning the idea during the brainstorming session during prompt eight for SYWTBAI).

Strider is a video game that seems tailor-made for a roller coaster, considering the acrobatic jumps in that game (both the original arcade title and the 2014 reboot). At the moment, I'm leaning towards making it an inverted roller coaster, with the idea being that the ride vehicle is kind of like Strider Hiryu's glider at the start of the game.

Anything you want to see?

Twilight_Roxas

Well since I’m reviving my Imagineering a Warner Bros theme park I could let you do some of the DC rides like a dark motion simulator ride theme to the Justice League kinda like it’s Abu Dhabi counterpart WarWorld Attack, but with a different villain that is a major threat to the earth not counting Lex Luthor, a launch coaster theme to The Flash. Which ever works for you. :)

DashHaber

Original Poster
Well since I’m reviving my Imagineering a Warner Bros theme park I could let you do some of the DC rides like a dark motion simulator ride theme to the Justice League kinda like it’s Abu Dhabi counterpart WarWorld Attack, but with a different villain that is a major threat to the earth not counting Lex Luthor, a launch coaster theme to The Flash. Which ever works for you. :)
Alright. I'll make a note of a Justice League ride and a Flash roller coaster. I will say I'm thinking these up more as their own things, instead of specifically for your park idea. I like to use this thread to muse and think up these attractions as their own things, so I'm not sure I'm looking to join up on your project at the moment.

That said, I do wish you the best of luck with your project, and your requests have been noted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom