Dark PerGron’s Manor of Mysteries [Game Thread] {Finished}

PerGron

Original Poster
The Parlor

In the theme of The Parlor being a gathering place without any set theme, the prompts contained within this room will be more open to interpretation as a way to get your creative juices flowing. With this, here is your first challenge.

Challenge 2: From scratch, redo either Avengers Campus at Disney’s California Adventure or Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

We went open-ended with the last round, so this one will crunch down to a single IP that perhaps not everyone will be familiar with or a fan of. Both teams will select one of the two lands to redo from the ground up, meaning any and all changes to timeline, canon, characters, etc. are welcome. Want to do a Prequels Star Wars land? Go for it. Want Avengers Campus with just Moon Knight and She Hulk? That’s your prerogative. The only rule is you must maintain the theme of the land your team has selected.

The project will be due Wednesday, October 25th at 11:59 pm EST.

Each team will also be gaining a guest reviewer with Team Lore hosting @cdunlap and Team Legend hosting @Disney Warrior

PerGron

Original Poster
*Thursday night, 10:45 pm*

The two teams have gathered in the parlor, their projects submitted into the ether. The final judgements have been passed and a winner declared.

Some of the players fixate on a once empty wall, now adorned with a single decoration. The winning project, this one belonging to the hard work of Team Legend, has been framed, a golden trim frame around it as it hangs from the wall. Each winning project will be displayed throughout the game.

“When is the next project coming out!?” @Muppetsfan#1 questions, anxiously.

“Dark PerGron said tonight, so certainly soon,” @spacemt354 reassures the anxious newcomer. “If not, then by the morning.”

“I heard that he even left the manor,” @Architectural Guinea Pig says. “What kind of host leaves their guests unattended?”

One who hopes to drive the mystery,” calls out an unknown voice. It is raspy, seemingly inhuman. “One who hopes to drive the mystery!” The voice calls again.

“What is saying that? Where’s it coming from?” @Miru questions, ducking behind @ThemeParkPriest for protection. “I’m glad we have the priest right now!”

Drive the mystery! Drive the mystery!” The voice calls out again, appearing raspier and less human the longer it goes. It soon devolves from coherent words to cacophonous sounds and trills, giving away what was making the noise.

“Over here everyone!” @Tegan pilots a chicken calls, the rest of the group following her into a room where they lay their eyes on the culprit. Sitting on a large wooden desk is a jet black raven with striking amber-colored eyes.

Drive the mystery!” The bird shouts before leaping from the desk and soaring out an open window, perching in a dead tree directly outside. “Drive the mystery!

“PerGron would just have a bird flying around, that’s on brand?” Laughs @TheOriginalTiki.

The group chuckles as they make their way back to the parlor. However, as they all return, the two robed and hooded figures from before stand, holding a crystal ball. The one on the left beckons to the group to come closer. As everyone files in, the image of Dark PerGron appears on the ball.

“Greetings houseguests, we hope you enjoyed your first day off. Reviews are out and I’m making preparations for the second challenge. From the last Cabinet of Curiosities, the Monkey’s Paw and the Hope Diamond have been claimed, so keep your eyes peeled for the effects of those items. However, it seems nobody was interested in the Shrunken Head. For that reason, it is back up for auction until 12:00 noon on Saturday October 21st.

If you have interest, claim it in your dormitory room. If not, ignore this message. The prompt is up and we look forward to your submissions. Enjoy!”

The image disconnects as the houseguests look around. Who has the items? Who is using them? What are their effects? What is the raven doing? The mysteries all begin here at Dark PerGron’s Manor of Mysteries​

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
*Thursday night, 10:45 pm*

The two teams have gathered in the parlor, their projects submitted into the ether. The final judgements have been passed and a winner declared.

Some of the players fixate on a once empty wall, now adorned with a single decoration. The winning project, this one belonging to the hard work of Team Legend, has been framed, a golden trim frame around it as it hangs from the wall. Each winning project will be displayed throughout the game.

“When is the next project coming out!?” @Muppetsfan#1 questions, anxiously.

“Dark PerGron said tonight, so certainly soon,” @spacemt354 reassures the anxious newcomer. “If not, then by the morning.”

“I heard that he even left the manor,” @Architectural Guinea Pig says. “What kind of host leaves their guests unattended?”

One who hopes to drive the mystery,” calls out an unknown voice. It is raspy, seemingly inhuman. “One who hopes to drive the mystery!” The voice calls again.

“What is saying that? Where’s it coming from?” @Miru questions, ducking behind @ThemeParkPriest for protection. “I’m glad we have the priest right now!”

Drive the mystery! Drive the mystery!” The voice calls out again, appearing raspier and less human the longer it goes. It soon devolves from coherent words to cacophonous sounds and trills, giving away what was making the noise.

“Over here everyone!” @Tegan pilots a chicken calls, the rest of the group following her into a room where they lay their eyes on the culprit. Sitting on a large wooden desk is a jet black raven with striking amber-colored eyes.

Drive the mystery!” The bird shouts before leaping from the desk and soaring out an open window, perching in a dead tree directly outside. “Drive the mystery!

“PerGron would just have a bird flying around, that’s on brand?” Laughs @TheOriginalTiki.

The group chuckles as they make their way back to the parlor. However, as they all return, the two robed and hooded figures from before stand, holding a crystal ball. The one on the left beckons to the group to come closer. As everyone files in, the image of Dark PerGron appears on the ball.

“Greetings houseguests, we hope you enjoyed your first day off. Reviews are out and I’m making preparations for the second challenge. From the last Cabinet of Curiosities, the Monkey’s Paw and the Hope Diamond have been claimed, so keep your eyes peeled for the effects of those items. However, it seems nobody was interested in the Shrunken Head. For that reason, it is back up for auction until 12:00 noon on Saturday October 21st.

If you have interest, claim it in your dormitory room. If not, ignore this message. The prompt is up and we look forward to your submissions. Enjoy!”

The image disconnects as the houseguests look around. Who has the items? Who is using them? What are their effects? What is the raven doing? The mysteries all begin here at Dark PerGron’s Manor of Mysteries​
If someone switches the teams again I am going to lose it

cdunlap

However, it seems nobody was interested in the Shrunken Head.
Man, it's almost as if it's a severed human head. I mean, it’s part of someone's body and you’re offering it to us as a good luck charm. I'm not trying to be culturally insensitive here, I understand that the Shuar people of Ecuador made these for spiritual purposes, but I just can’t see anyone here wanting it! Besides myself that is! This severed head better not have the magical power to switch the teams up again!

cdunlap

You have to make a pitch to PerGron for how you would use it in your Dormitory Room conversation.
(Proceeds to begin thinking of uses for a severed head of some South American Indigenous Person that has gone through a traditional embalming process) I have an offer: three Moche pots and one Moche earring for the shrunken head. I’m not adding or removing any of the artifacts, just offering them as a token in exchange for the shrunken head. I mean, the shrunken head is an arcane artifact with powers beyond my imagination and control probably but the Moche pottery can be used to hold stuff. Please take this offer because I’ve been dying to have some sort of Indigenous funerary tradition related thing in my collection for years now.
IMG_1335.jpeg
lot.jpeg
image0-3.jpeg

Last edited:

PerGron

Original Poster
Attention All Players

As the teams discuss and plan for their projects due in just over 48 hours, the two hooded figures from before wheel in a mahogany box with a glass pane. From the shadows steps @Dark PerGron who comes to explain the items.

Cabinet of Curiosities 2.jpg

For this week's venture to the Cabinet of Curiosities, we seem to have a collection originating from our geological archives. The first item present is Painite, an incredibly rare gemstone, the single rarest on Earth. Only around 1,000 pieces of this rare material are known to exist, the largest of which resides here in our collection. The sheer rarity of this piece makes it's ownership worthwhile, but for those looking to benefit from the item, some say painite has the mystical properties of healing and balance. Perhaps this could come in handy?

The second ammonite is a 207 million year old Ammonite Fossil, the fossilized remains of an ancient cephalopod. This ammonite fossil is a very interesting piece indeed, yet it seems it may grant good luck and peace to the owner? At least that's what some people say.

Finally, a piece of petrified lightning, also known as Fulgurite. This piece came from a local beachcomber who discovered it after a lightning storm rolled through town. This piece is said to provide good luck and prosperity to those who own it.

Do you believe in good luck? Do you want it on your side? These items seemingly provide it, so see what that means by bidding for the items. Bidding must tell us why you want the item and why you deserve it and must be done in your private Dormitory room. Bidding closes Tomorrow October 26 at 6pm EST​

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
I’m actually really like this version of avengers campus(oops I forgot it’s stark expo now). I imagined something similar to TVA timeracers just with speeder bikes. I presume tower of terror is demolished, if so(put in sad face)😭. Also AGP marvelous work on the star cruiser map.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom