Dangerous state of the Imagination Pavilion

Miss Heinous

Original Poster
I didn't post to do a count. I posted to show that there's much more to Epcot than shopping and dining.
Hardly. All you have to do is compare Epcot to other parks in Orlando, or even better EPCOT Center 1989-1993. Epcot has about 5 attractions that are actually worth any time or effort, for a park that is the size of 2 Magic Kingdoms and is 33 years old that is incredibly sad.

Last edited:

Miss Heinous

Original Poster
Well we're mixing up our narratives then.
No one was complaining that the Columbia or Big Thunder were lame attractions in need of replacement.
Well unfortunately when it comes to Journey Into Imagination the problems are both that it is a lame attraction and that it is becoming unsafe for guests.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
From what I remember reading about the Big Thunder incident, wasn't it due to team members (including management) not following the proper maintenance procedures that were actually in place to prevent incidents like this one from occurring? In additional, operations team members not having proper guidelines in place when they think they hear something in the ride that sounds "weird".

Miss Heinous

Original Poster
I don't disagree with you. The statement that I disagree with is that Epcot is nothing but a shopping and dining spot, which just isn't true.
Well for anyone who has been to Epcot in the last 15 years it is. Especially when the last new attraction the park received that wasn't a overlay opened 10 years ago.

lazyboy97o

From what I remember reading about the Big Thunder incident, wasn't it due to team members (including management) not following the proper maintenance procedures that were actually in place to prevent incidents like this one from occurring? In additional, operations team members not having proper guidelines in place when they think they hear something in the ride that sounds "weird".
That's who got the blame, but it was all part of the culture that started with "We have to ride these rides to failure."

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

lazyboy97o

bethymouse

My husband smokes, so we were sitting near the Imagination/Captain EO area for a while. Literally no one went into either attraction for 20 minutes and there were no CMs standing outside to greet you. The "flag"/"banner" outside looked as though it was so faded that even I wouldn't fly it at my house ( I have some faded garden flags, but I do end up throwing them away/replacing them).:eek:

Markt

What was the theatre in London where the ceiling collapsed during a performance? Something bad will have to happen before corprate jumps

Markt

About 80 people were injured when cloth ties a hundred years old let go and ceiling collapsed taking part of the balcony creating pure chaos part way into performance. That national tuts closed the Apollo for three months and all theatres got a inspection.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom