Dangerous state of the Imagination Pavilion

danyoung56

It's really not. There are places that need help, like the Imagination pavilion and the Universe of Energy. But there's still plenty to do there. I've always thought you could spend a day in Epcot, never ride a ride or see a show, and still have a great time.

rucifee

It's really not. There are places that need help, like the Imagination pavilion and the Universe of Energy. But there's still plenty to do there. I've always thought you could spend a day in Epcot, never ride a ride or see a show, and still have a great time.

What can you do there for an entire day without spending hundreds of dollars though? There isn't much to Epcot anymore outside of shopping experiences, the cost of entry to the park isn't really justifiable anymore, unless you consider it the tertiary park that it has become.

Epcot used to be a personal favorite of mine as well, but you can't even spend a day in Innoventions anymore, because it's just not there.

hopemax

I doubt it. WDW has the same management (Georgie K) that DL did when people got killed, Unfortunately it will take some fatal accidents to change the trajectory.

And unlike in California, I'm not sure there exists the proper political "motivation" to prevent future deaths...so it probably will take more than 2 deaths. I've figured that the biggest "cost" to Disney was the increase in oversight by the state of California. Prior to the deaths, Disney's reputation was enough to let Disney do their own thing. If you have followed Al Lutz and MiceAge for the last decade, you certainly have seen how much of a thorn Cal OSHA has been in Disneyland's side. And that wasn't enough to make Disney pro-active regarding the Space Mtn CM incident, and so now OSHA is playing really hard ball with Disney about everything.

I don't think WDW fears anything from the State of Florida.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
And unlike in California, I'm not sure there exists the proper political "motivation" to prevent future deaths...so it probably will take more than 2 deaths. I've figured that the biggest "cost" to Disney was the increase in oversight by the state of California. Prior to the deaths, Disney's reputation was enough to let Disney do their own thing. If you have followed Al Lutz and MiceAge for the last decade, you certainly have seen how much of a thorn Cal OSHA has been in Disneyland's side. And that wasn't enough to make Disney pro-active regarding the Space Mtn CM incident, and so now OSHA is playing really hard ball with Disney about everything.

I don't think WDW fears anything from the State of Florida.

Nope considering Disney owns the FL legislature lock stock and barrel, It will probably take a bunch of people getting killed all at once to force any action from the State of FL

Little Green Men

What can you do there for an entire day without spending hundreds of dollars though? There isn't much to Epcot anymore outside of shopping experiences, the cost of entry to the park isn't really justifiable anymore, unless you consider it the tertiary park that it has become.

Epcot used to be a personal favorite of mine as well, but you can't even spend a day in Innoventions anymore, because it's just not there.

It all depends what you want to do. But to break it down:

Rides:
SSE
UOE
MS
TT
JII
LwtL
Soarin'
Nemo
Sum of All Thrills
Gran Fiesta Tour

Attractions/ shows:
Circle of Life
Captain EO
Turtle Talk
American Adventure
O' Canada
China
Impressions de France

Exhibits:
Project Tomorrow
Storm Struck
Habit Heroes
Advanced Training Lab
After Market (TT)
Image Works
The Seas aquarium observation decks
Stave Church
China
American Gallery
Japan's new exhibit
Morocco

Performances:
Mariachi Band
Chinese Acrobats
Italy Flag Show
Voices of Liberty
Japanese drummers
Lumberjacks (I know, I know...)
Paul McKenna Band

Feel free to correct anything if it's no longer there or I forgot anything

rucifee

Rides:
SSE (Lame/OK)
UOE (HAHAHA)
MS (OK)
TT (Lame)
JII (Lame)
LwtL (Lame)
Soaring' (Closing for 6 mos in January because it's so very Lame)
Nemo (Lame)
Sum of All Thrills (OK)
Gran Fiesta Tour (OK if you're drunk)

Attractions/ shows:
Circle of Life (OMG DID YOU HAHAHA)
Captain EO (OMG DID YOU HAHAHA)
Turtle Talk (HAHAHA)
American Adventure (HAHAHA)
O' Canada (HAHAHA)
China (HAHAHA)
Impressions de France (HAHAHA)

Exhibits:
Project Tomorrow (HAHAHA)
Storm Struck (HAHAHA)
Habit Heroes (HAHAHA)
Advanced Training Lab (HAHAHA)
After Market (TT) (HAHAHA)
Image Works (HAHAHA)
The Seas aquarium observation decks (OK/Lame)
Stave Church (HAHAHA)
China (HAHAHA)
American Gallery (HAHAHA)
Japan's new exhibit (HAHAHA)
Morocco (HAHAHA)

Performances:
Mariachi Band (OK)
Chinese Acrobats (OK)
Italy Flag Show (OK)
Voices of Liberty (OK)
Japanese drummers (Great)
Lumberjacks (I know, I know...) (HAHAHA)
Paul McKenna Band (HAHAHA)

Circle of Life?
Stave Church?
Japan's "new exhibit"?

I've taken the liberty of rating these for you on a scale of OMG DID YOU HAHAHA to Great.

You're really reaching here. Why not mention Club Cool, at least you get something out of it (sticky feet). There's nothing really worth the ticket cost, you can get more "fun" out of Disney Springs these days.

danyoung56

What can you do there for an entire day without spending hundreds of dollars though?

Let's see. I start the day at rope drop with a run on Soarin'. I eat a nice breakfast at Seasons, then do a FP+ on Soarin', followed by Living With The Land and the Circle of Life movie. Then it's over to the Seas with Nemo for maybe 1/2 an hour, and then another showing of Captain EO (I skip the Imagination ride, as the current version just es me off!). If there's still time before 11am, I head over to the single rider line at Test Track, and then once around on Ellen's Energy Adventure. 11am and the World Showcase is open, so I start my way around from the Canada side and the Canada 360 film. Up to France and Impressions de France, and then a nice late lunch out on the patio of the Rose & Crown. Working my way up to America, I always enjoy a set from the Voices of Liberty followed by The American Adventure. And then I wander back down the east side, stopping in China for the 360 film and then in Mexico for the Gran Fiesta ride. By now it's wine-thirty, so I head up to the wine kiosk in France for a glass or two, followed by dinner at my choice of many fine restaurants. After dinner I head to the Rose & Crown for a couple of tasty martinis, and then it's time for IllumiNations, followed by another walk around the World Showcase Lagoon before heading back to my hotel.

I don't anticipate anyone actually reading the above - I only write it to disprove the idea that there's nothing to do but shopping and dining in Epcot.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Let's see. I start the day at rope drop with a run on Soarin'. I eat a nice breakfast at Seasons, then do a FP+ on Soarin', followed by Living With The Land and the Circle of Life movie. Then it's over to the Seas with Nemo for maybe 1/2 an hour, and then another showing of Captain EO (I skip the Imagination ride, as the current version just ****es me off!). If there's still time before 11am, I head over to the single rider line at Test Track, and then once around on Ellen's Energy Adventure. 11am and the World Showcase is open, so I start my way around from the Canada side and the Canada 360 film. Up to France and Impressions de France, and then a nice late lunch out on the patio of the Rose & Crown. Working my way up to America, I always enjoy a set from the Voices of Liberty followed by The American Adventure. And then I wander back down the east side, stopping in China for the 360 film and then in Mexico for the Gran Fiesta ride. By now it's wine-thirty, so I head up to the wine kiosk in France for a glass or two, followed by dinner at my choice of many fine restaurants. After dinner I head to the Rose & Crown for a couple of tasty martinis, and then it's time for IllumiNations, followed by another walk around the World Showcase Lagoon before heading back to my hotel.

I don't anticipate anyone actually reading the above - I only write it to disprove the idea that there's nothing to do but shopping and dining in Epcot.

haha, I like the wine-thirty

Sounds like a good day to me...

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

Rides:
SSE
UOE
MS
TT
JII
LwtL
Soarin'
Nemo
Sum of All Thrills
Gran Fiesta Tour

Attractions/ shows:
Circle of Life
Captain EO
Turtle Talk
American Adventure
O' Canada
China
Impressions de France

Exhibits:
Project Tomorrow
Storm Struck
Habit Heroes
Advanced Training Lab
After Market (TT)
Image Works
The Seas aquarium observation decks
Stave Church
China
American Gallery
Japan's new exhibit
Morocco

Performances:
Mariachi Band
Chinese Acrobats
Italy Flag Show
Voices of Liberty
Japanese drummers
Lumberjacks (I know, I know...)
Paul McKenna Band

Your list goods accurate to me from what I can remember. As you said, it depends on what you want to do. For many, this will fill a day. For others, they may not like any of this.

rucifee

Let's see. I start the day at rope drop with a run on Soarin'. I eat a nice breakfast at Seasons, then do a FP+ on Soarin', followed by Living With The Land and the Circle of Life movie. Then it's over to the Seas with Nemo for maybe 1/2 an hour, and then another showing of Captain EO (I skip the Imagination ride, as the current version just ****es me off!). If there's still time before 11am, I head over to the single rider line at Test Track, and then once around on Ellen's Energy Adventure. 11am and the World Showcase is open, so I start my way around from the Canada side and the Canada 360 film. Up to France and Impressions de France, and then a nice late lunch out on the patio of the Rose & Crown. Working my way up to America, I always enjoy a set from the Voices of Liberty followed by The American Adventure. And then I wander back down the east side, stopping in China for the 360 film and then in Mexico for the Gran Fiesta ride. By now it's wine-thirty, so I head up to the wine kiosk in France for a glass or two, followed by dinner at my choice of many fine restaurants. After dinner I head to the Rose & Crown for a couple of tasty martinis, and then it's time for IllumiNations, followed by another walk around the World Showcase Lagoon before heading back to my hotel.

So you go to Epcot and you spend money. If you were there a few weeks ago you would have noticed the abysmal Soarin picture quality, I'd rather stick myself in the arm with a screwdriver than to do that ride twice in a day. OK so you buy breakfast, did you know that you could do that without entering the park? Single rider on Tron Track, OK that ride's pretty lame but at least the outdoors part of it is good, unless it's raining and it's down or delayed. Ellen's Energy Adventure, that's a great place for a nap. You can also nap at home and save some bucks. :)

Canada 360 film, the one from the 1980s right? You would be the only person in the theater, no-one else pays it much attention.

So far you have spent roughly 30 minutes in attractions and it's time for a late lunch? Oh my! What were you doing with all that extra time? Spending money?

" I only write it to disprove the idea that there's nothing to do but shopping and dining in Epcot"

- eat a nice breakfast at Seasons
- nice late lunch out on the patio of the Rose & Crown
- now it's wine-thirty, so I head up to the wine kiosk in France for a glass or two
- followed by dinner at my choice of many fine restaurants
- After dinner I head to the Rose & Crown for a couple of tasty martinis

Alright, you've described a very nice day of shopping and eating with a $100 cover charge. You've confirmed exactly what I've implied. Bravo. :)

MinnieWaffles

So you go to Epcot and you spend money. If you were there a few weeks ago you would have noticed the abysmal Soarin picture quality, I'd rather stick myself in the arm with a screwdriver than to do that ride twice in a day. OK so you buy breakfast, did you know that you could do that without entering the park? Single rider on Tron Track, OK that ride's pretty lame but at least the outdoors part of it is good, unless it's raining and it's down or delayed. Ellen's Energy Adventure, that's a great place for a nap. You can also nap at home and save some bucks. :)

Canada 360 film, the one from the 1980s right? You would be the only person in the theater, no-one else pays it much attention.

So far you have spent roughly 30 minutes in attractions and it's time for a late lunch? Oh my! What were you doing with all that extra time? Spending money?

" I only write it to disprove the idea that there's nothing to do but shopping and dining in Epcot"

- eat a nice breakfast at Seasons
- nice late lunch out on the patio of the Rose & Crown
- now it's wine-thirty, so I head up to the wine kiosk in France for a glass or two
- followed by dinner at my choice of many fine restaurants
- After dinner I head to the Rose & Crown for a couple of tasty martinis

Alright, you've described a very nice day of shopping and eating with a $100 cover charge. You've confirmed exactly what I've implied. Bravo. :)

Get over yourself and stop going to Disney World.

You must be SO much fun at parties.

rucifee

Club Cool and Mouse Gear have had that problem for years. I want to say it has something to do with the air conditioning.

I've been told that the Camera Center hides all the park trash behind it, probably what you smell whenever the wind is blowing.

rucifee

Get over yourself and stop going to Disney World.

You must be SO much fun at parties.

You don't have to reply. It's very common knowledge that Epcot is in bad shape. It's not your place to tell me to stop going to Disney World just because I see and talk about problems and you can't stand/handle the reality of the situation there. *Ignored

MinnieWaffles

You don't have to reply. It's very common knowledge that Epcot is in bad shape. It's not your place to tell me to stop going to Disney World just because I see and talk about problems and you can't stand/handle the reality of the situation there. *Ignored

Oh aren't you clever. I shall have to bow down to your clearly superior maturity and intelligence, proving you indeed know all there is to know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom