Dangerous state of the Imagination Pavilion

Prog

The history of such events involves two people dying. It may be works finally causes action but should not be hoped for.
And a serious drop in attendance.
Disneyland gets a LOT of relatively local guests, who weren't going to keep buying annual passes to see the declining show quality of the Haunted Mansion or to be crushed by a Thunder Mountain car or fall off the track of Space Mountain. Meanwhile, maintenance budget decline has had little in the way of easily provable effect on WDW attendance or profit.

Prog

Broken Down state of Universe of Energy Pavilion
Outdated state of Mission Space
Mold and Tetanus Ridden state of The Land pavilion
The WWE state of Test Track Queue
The Stupid State of Spaceship Earth
The Alleged State of Existence of Innoventions
The Shoehorned Cartoon State of The Seas, Mexico, and Norway
Why is Horizons, even in its current state, still the best attraction in Epcot?

French Quarter

Hang on. Did I read that correctly? The ceiling in EO "nearly collapsed"? Did I miss this story? I did a quick search and didn't see anything. It is certainly possible that I just can't find it. Can someone point me to this story? I am very interested in this part of the story.

I am wondering the same thing. There's no pics, no links, nothing and people are just taking this one person's comments and running with them. I'm not saying they are wrong but I need more than conspiracy theories.

DisneyManOne

Current condition of Futureworld....I blame the Phoenicians!!!!

Man, if the history of EPCOT was told through a Spaceship Earth thing, I betcha what we're going through now would be a lot like the Phoenicians scene.

"At this point, each die-hard Disney fan is slowly losing faith in the state of Epcot today. But the Executives, who mainly do things just for the sake of monetary gain, have recently unveiled a thing that will drive the nail into Epcot's coffin. They created various terrible things--the Seas with Nemo and Friends, Journey Into Imagination with Figment, Gran Fiesta Tour, the closing of Wonders of Life--all of which angered the fans to the point of no return. Remember how P.O.'d you were to learn that 'Frozen' was replacing Maelstrom? Thank the Executives, they green-lit it."

Prog

Man, if the history of EPCOT was told through a Spaceship Earth thing, I betcha what we're going through now would be a lot like the Phoenicians scene.

"At this point, each die-hard Disney fan is slowly losing faith in the state of Epcot today. But the Executives, who mainly do things just for the sake of monetary gain, have recently unveiled a thing that will drive the nail into Epcot's coffin. They created various terrible things--the Seas with Nemo and Friends, Journey Into Imagination with Figment, Gran Fiesta Tour, the closing of Wonders of Life--all of which angered the fans to the point of no return. Remember how P.O.'d you were to learn that 'Frozen' was replacing Maelstrom? Thank the Executives, they green-lit it."
Glorious EPCOT Center falls victim to the flames of excess. Ages of knowledge are lost or forgotten in the snowdrifts. (I was gonna spoof tomorrow's child below but this accursed forum software doesn't let my phone use line breaks.)

POLY LOVER

Broken Down state of Universe of Energy Pavilion
Outdated state of Mission Space
Mold and Tetanus Ridden state of The Land pavilion
The WWE state of Test Track Queue

IF there is mold in the Pavilion then it would have to be remediated, this could be the reason they don't address issues there. If they begin to touch anything there and discover mold then they would have to take action. You can not operate a building that has mold. Can you say LAWSUITS

POLY LOVER

Well you can either:

a). Bury your head in the sand, and pretend such things are not reality.
Or
b). Go the aggressive route and accuse those reporting such truths as unintelligent.

Of course, I personally prefer the third option, which is come to accept this is happening, and hope Disney takes proper measures to correct the situation.

I don't have my head in the sand I am just depressed to read this stuff and feel helpless to fix it. It seems with all the revenue Disney generates nothing like this should happen or allowed to be ignored. Of course we all hope these issues get addressed. Some say just stop going and they will get the message but do we have to drive the company into the toilet and damage a great reputation to get maintenace done?
It goes back to a thread I started some time ago, HAS DISNEY STRECTHED THEMSELVES TO THIN. do they have so much its gotten beyond their control to maintain?

dannyboyindc

Maybe I'm in the minority, but Imagination looked just fine to me when we went a few weeks ago. In fact I'd say it was in pretty great condition overall. The queue was clean and carpets looked recently replaced. Effects were working. It looked liked it was supposed to. Captain EO looked fine as well. It's an old theater for sure, but outside of the missing "sneeze" effect and the seats not moving when their spaceship lands, it looked darn good for being so old. Still one of my favorite sound systems in all of WDW.

French Quarter

Maybe I'm in the minority, but Imagination looked just fine to me when we went a few weeks ago. In fact I'd say it was in pretty great condition overall. The queue was clean and carpets looked recently replaced. Effects were working. It looked liked it was supposed to. Captain EO looked fine as well. It's an old theater for sure, but outside of the missing "sneeze" effect and the seats not moving when their spaceship lands, it looked darn good for being so old. Still one of my favorite sound systems in all of WDW.

What?! You didn't notice the ceiling crumbling over your head? :jawdrop:

lazyboy97o

Test Track
Soarin'
Spaceship Earth
Two CircleVision movies and one 5-screen movie
The American Adventure

Yeah, nothing there but shopping, dining and drinking . . . . .
That list isn't everything but shows how just be at the edge of the magical 8.5 attractions isn't a good place to be in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom