Dangerous state of the Imagination Pavilion

rucifee

What, exactly is your point? Places that people are never supposed to be are gross? Off-stage space isn't show ready?

So much unwarranted anger...
iKRCM4j.gif

Bairstow

Or close the ride and let it just go dormant. That way it's a win-win! No maintenance costs and no operational costs!

If it weren't for FastPassPlus and Disney's compulsion to keep multiple options for every "tier" of reservations, they probably would have closed it already.
With the Frozen ride opening soon and Epcot already facing a dearth of kid-friendly attractions, they really can't afford to, even if the ride does, objectively, suck.

eddy21

Fun fact: Most cast members are far from the brightest bulbs. They tend to be petty and ill-informed, which is especially dangerous because they think they know everything.
This ^^^^^^ . I'm sure Disney would love the fact there spreading that word out . Real or not

What, exactly is your point? Places that people are never supposed to be are gross? Off-stage space isn't show ready?

Arthur Wellesley

this thread is just plan old depressing me.
Well you can either:

a). Bury your head in the sand, and pretend such things are not reality.
Or
b). Go the aggressive route and accuse those reporting such truths as unintelligent.

Of course, I personally prefer the third option, which is come to accept this is happening, and hope Disney takes proper measures to correct the situation.

Castle Cake Apologist

Fun fact: Most cast members are far from the brightest bulbs. They tend to be petty and ill-informed, which is especially dangerous because they think they know everything.

What a condescending post. Spoiler alert: Front-line Cast has a pretty good grasp on their respective attractions. This is not a thread talking about rumors, something that most Cast admittedly would not have very good information on. This thread relates directly to the condition of an attraction. We're generally going to be pretty well versed in how our rides are holding up.

Glasgow

I LOVE Epcot but it is in a sorry state right now when compared to its glory years (ie. When all attractions in FW were in operation). Having one main attraction down is bad enough .. But having another that is old and past its prime (UoE) plus one that is in disrepair and embarrassingly out of date (Imagination, of course) makes me so sad. Epcot used to be the showcase of technology .. No longer. Hence why we're going to WDW only half as much now. Our dollars are doing our talking. Still love it, just not as much.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Until something fatal happens to the attraction that endangers guests.. Like.. Literally (AKA something catches on fire, or the roof actually DOES cave in..) Disney isn't going to fix it... On the bright side, when it DOES happen, there WILL be something new! YAAAY!!! :D

If you don't believe.. Just look at the Enchanted Tiki Room. Everyone demanded for YEEAAARRSSS that the original be brought back.. That did not happen until Iago caught on fire. :)

iagoburnt_web.jpg

lazyboy97o

Until something fatal happens to the attraction that endangers guests.. Like.. Literally (AKA something catches on fire, or the roof actually DOES cave in..) Disney isn't going to fix it... On the bright side, when it DOES happen, there WILL be something new! YAAAY!!! :D

If you don't believe.. Just look at the Enchanted Tiki Room. Everyone demanded for YEEAAARRSSS that the original be brought back.. That did not happen until Iago caught on fire. :)

iagoburnt_web.jpg
The history of such events involves two people dying. It may be works finally causes action but should not be hoped for.

UpAllNight

It's weird walking around Epcot anymore, because more than any other theme park it has the largest collection of mediocre attractions.

Imagination could be updated using a lot of the tech used in Mystic Manor imo. Projection effects, animatronics, the idea of your imagination moving the objects etc, it could be great. I was embarrassed to have taken my friends on it I couldn't believe Disney of all people green lit the thing.

Whilst we are on the subject of mediocre, isn't it time Mission Space got a major overhaul? It's potentially a great ride, but It's time to 4k the screens, create a new movie and if possible (someone tell me if the ride system will allow it?) make each pod react differently to what buttons are pressed. It kind of reminded me of those rides little kids go on down the supermarket where they press buttons and nothing happens :/

DisneyManOne

Do you even think Disney would be smart enough to bring back the original ride? Or, given that Iger and his mooks have been obsessed with IPs ever since a certain cold-causing girl came to town, will they try to shoehorn in something stupid?

Miss Heinous

Original Poster
Imagination could be updated using a lot of the tech used in Mystic Manor imo. Projection effects, animatronics, the idea of your imagination moving the objects etc, it could be great. I was embarrassed to have taken my friends on it I couldn't believe Disney of all people green lit the thing.

Whilst we are on the subject of mediocre, isn't it time Mission Space got a major overhaul? It's potentially a great ride, but It's time to 4k the screens, create a new movie and if possible (someone tell me if the ride system will allow it?) make each pod react differently to what buttons are pressed. It kind of reminded me of those rides little kids go on down the supermarket where they press buttons and nothing happens :/
I personally think the park would benefit a great deal if each Future World pavilion got at least a Test Track 2.0 level overhaul.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom