Dang, drunkytown has been moved.....

BuzzKillington

I don't think anyone cares about alcohol being present but rather the locals who abuse it and make a mockery of an institution that they obviously take for granted. It is obvious the ones getting trashed are not us vacationers because we are too tired to get hammered and we have too much to lose the next day if hung over. I hope these local punks start bar hopping at Disney Springs and let us have WS back.

mousehockey37

I don't think anyone cares about alcohol being present but rather the locals who abuse it and make a mockery of an institution that they obviously take for granted. It is obvious the ones getting trashed are not us vacationers because we are too tired to get hammered and we have too much to lose the next day if hung over. I hope these local punks start bar hopping at Disney Springs and let us have WS back.

But then who would we people watch and laugh at when they fall into the lagoon? :p

draybook

In all fairness, I'm not sure how some of you are comparing Epcot to SEC football games or other sporting events. We're talking about a family vacation destination and a sporting event that is mostly enjoyed by adults. Apples and oranges.

While I don't really care too much for the alcoholic indulgences of folks at Epcot during the "drunkytown" festival, it's their business. I just wish they'd stay on the sides of the pathways instead of strolling so leisurely right down the middle.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
You make this "obvious" comment by personal surveys, or is this more prattle from one of your many personalities again?

mousehockey37

While I don't really care too much for the alcoholic indulgences of folks at Epcot during the "drunkytown" festival, it's their business. I just wish they'd stay on the sides of the pathways instead of strolling so leisurely right down the middle.

If they're going right down the middle, that means they're walking a straight line... they're not the drunkards you're looking for...

G00fyDad

You make this "obvious" comment by personal surveys, or is this more prattle from one of your many personalities again?

I've personally seen people getting hammered at EPCOT. Most of the time they are more of an embarrassment than anything else. I've never seen a drunk fighting there. Yet. However, the drunks do exist in the park. Especially during F&W. I've seen angry drunks there, silly drunks, and weepy drunks. I will admit that the number of these idiots are in a very low percentile, but please do not act like they don't exist. Admittedly, the term "Drunkytown" was an overstatement and somewhat silly, but this has become polarized and there are two camps now. Camp one believes that it is out of control with drunks and the beer floweth upon the streets mixed with vomit. Camp two believes that people do not get drunk at Disney and that camp one is making things up. Both are wrong.

BuzzKillington

Don't be so obtuse. Do you actually think that the staggering and swearing mass of young adults with no kids in tow who are all wearing matching t-shirts that say "Conquering the World One Drink at a Time" are vacationers?

Eckert

Drinks are around $10 and over at Walt Disney World. Ain't nobody getting hammered unless they're millionaires.

Sounds like some of you guys in this thread need a drink.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Don't be so obtuse. Do you actually think that the staggering and swearing mass of young adults with no kids in tow who are all wearing matching t-shirts that say "Conquering the World One Drink at a Time" are vacationers?
I'm being no more obtuse than any of your previous (banned) accounts had been. And when you can actually quantify "mass," "adults," or relate how what's on their t-shirt automatically qualifies them as a "drunk" come get back to me. Through this account or whichever one you fire up down the road....

Dj Corona

I've been to plenty of Food & Wine Festivals, have I've seen plenty of intoxicated people? Sure have. Have I've seen intoxicated people in Epcot with no festival going on? Yep, that too. Have I witnessed any of these overblown stories of drunks out of their minds on an alcohol-fueled rampage? Not so much. I've seen way more people that can't handle their liquor at my hotel bar, and better stories from it, then anything at Epcot.

Cmdr_Crimson

Booze in Disney...Even Sully Approves...
yard-of-ale.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Just avoid WS unless you want RoE in which case just head in for viewing.

That's what we do. Thankfully we miss the "event" this year.

ItlngrlBella

Drunkytown? Puhlease, Daaahling! :rolleyes:

If there is booze, someone will always overindulge and I'm sure there are a few more during F&W but not the all out "Drunkytown" Lord of the Flies/Animal House craziness people make it out to be. You can catch a few of those EPCOT happy drunks here.

With all of the WDW security I'm sure it's TAME compared to Vegas, Jimmy Buffet, Spring Break at Panama City Beach or... the Cubs @ Brewers pre-game tailgates in the bus lot - which is THE definition of "Drunkytown."

image.jpg

^^^ BTW: That is the chariot that takes us to "Drunkytown." (This year it's May 9th).

image.jpg

“Booze, broads, and bull. If you got all that, what else do you need?”
—Harry Caray :geek:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom