DAK looking to add a Panda?

jwbeck3

Original Poster
So I am sitting here reading the new comments on the thread and happened to click page 1 to see the first post, and I am shocked to see that I started the thread in 2004. Im sitting here thinking, yeah that'd be a good idea to have a panda, I wonder who started this thread and it was me. Kind of funny that it gets revived 5 years later.

PaulaB

I know some of you do not trust in rumors that Screamscape puts out, but I have found them to be right on with many things that have been rumored on the site. Anyway, they are reporting that DAK is trying to add a panda. I have wanted Animal Kingdom to have a Panda since it opened, so I am very excited about this rumor. Here it is from Screamscape "The Screamscape spy network claims that Disney is negotiating with China to bring Giant Pandas to Animal Kingdom. This certainly does make sense as well due to the fact that there are so very few locations in the US that are allowed to display these rare creatures from China. I believe that at this time there are only three locations in the US where you can see them: The San Diego Zoo, Zoo Atlanta and at the Smithsonian National Zoo in DC." Any thoughts on this rumor?

Possible with the damage done to the main panda breading centre, they are probably wanting help rebuilding because where they are is overcrowded. BUT China tends to send them out in pairs and any cubs belong to China and it costs about $10 million so it would be very expensive.

Erika

So I am sitting here reading the new comments on the thread and happened to click page 1 to see the first post, and I am shocked to see that I started the thread in 2004. Im sitting here thinking, yeah that'd be a good idea to have a panda, I wonder who started this thread and it was me. Kind of funny that it gets revived 5 years later.

:ROFLOL: That's good you agree with yourself!

That's funny, it sounds like something I'd do :lol: :wave:

I would be shocked if DAK added pandas but it would be very exciting, for sure.

TalkingHead

remember: Those who CANT..teach.
My brother is an electrical engineer.
He learned MORE his first 6 months out of college than he did the entire 4 years he was there.
He laughs about just how much his professors were full of ________.
He now works for Honda in Marysville, Ohio

No, no. Those who can't do work at WDW.

AlwaysImagineer

When I think of Animal Kingdom, Pandas don't really come to mind. I don't know if it's just me... but I think it might feel a little outta place. But it certainly would attract more guests!

rkelly42

When I think of Animal Kingdom, Pandas don't really come to mind. I don't know if it's just me... but I think it might feel a little outta place. But it certainly would attract more guests!

How would having panda's at AK feel out of place? Especially in Asia, that one really baffles me.:lookaroun

RussJT

Possible with the damage done to the main panda breading centre, they are probably wanting help rebuilding because where they are is overcrowded. BUT China tends to send them out in pairs and any cubs belong to China and it costs about $10 million so it would be very expensive.

Yum, breaded Panda...

jakeman

Yum, breaded Panda...
I can see the eventual thread now:

Disney changes breaded panda strips to breaded panda nuggets. (page 1 of 37)

This is a slap in the face to all that have enjoyed panda strips over the years. I'm thinking of cancelling my vacation.

RSoxNo1

I can see the eventual thread now:

Disney changes breaded panda strips to breaded panda nuggets. (page 1 of 37)

This is a slap in the face to all that have enjoyed panda strips over the years. I'm thinking of cancelling my vacation.

They're not as good as the Bald Eagle Jerkey... it tastes like freedom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom