DAK looking to add a Panda?

I would love to see Pandas too!! Someone brought up something that I never thought about before. Does the noise from certain shows/attractions affect the animals at all?

WDWScottieBoy

They already have a panda, it's in China at Epcot! :wave:

See:
Epcot063.jpg

JimboJones123

Perhaps it's wishful thinking on my part, but it seems that the fully enclosed Nemo show is a step in the right direction for a new animal exhibit. Although the hearing of many animals in the park is such that they could hear well beyond what humans can hear, I'd have to believe that a major hold up in negotiations with the Chinese government would be the noise pollution that comes with the 5th or 6th most attendended theme park in the world (I know all the WDW parks are at or near the top of this list).

I can also assume that with nothing leaked in the last 3 years that they are either still in negotiations, or they have put the acquisition of Pandas on the back burner.

Yeah, the 6 disney parks are the top 6.

WDWFREAK53

Well, maybe it'll now be in the negotiations with the new Shanghai Park?
It seems as if Disney has a pretty good relationship with China.

IcicleM

Yeah, I'd definetely like to see Panda's in the Animal Kingdom park. Actually, my family and I were just talking about it the other day when we went to see the Gorillas. The thing I didn't understand before I saw the Gorillas and learned about their history of being in the Animal Kingdom Habitat, was why they never release them into the wild.

NOW I realize "Gee, what a dumb question." Because why would we want to release these Gorillas, who have lived their entire life in a Zoo, kept and treated by people, into the wild, when they obviously wouldn't understand how to fend for themselves completely, and they would also be in danger of being poached, which is why they're IN the Habitat in the first place.

Then I thought "Gee, you know, they have other endangered Animals here, why not certain others?" I did a project a while back on White Bengal Tigers, and I definetely think that Asia should add a section to their part of the park especially made for Pandas and White Bengal Tigers. I think it would be great, and it would be something else for people to see in Asia besides Everest, the Rapids, and the Tigers and Bats.

Also, it would mean that families don't have to go to Vegas and see Seigfreid and Roy, haha. ^_^

JimboJones123

Um, which Disney parks? I only know of the top 4.

1. Magic Kingdom
2. Disneyland
3. Tokyo Disneyland Park
4. Tokyo DisneySea

Speaking of which, what is the top 10 in general (internationally)?

Sorry, domestic in US, Four WDW and Two DL parks are top 6. I think Universal Orlando is next, IOA and Knotts is somewhere in the top 10 too. Cedar Point is also in the top 10 too I think. Been a while since I saw the list.

Sharon L

Yeah, I'd definetely like to see Panda's in the Animal Kingdom park. Actually, my family and I were just talking about it the other day when we went to see the Gorillas. The thing I didn't understand before I saw the Gorillas and learned about their history of being in the Animal Kingdom Habitat, was why they never release them into the wild.

NOW I realize "Gee, what a dumb question." Because why would we want to release these Gorillas, who have lived their entire life in a Zoo, kept and treated by people, into the wild, when they obviously wouldn't understand how to fend for themselves completely, and they would also be in danger of being poached, which is why they're IN the Habitat in the first place.

Then I thought "Gee, you know, they have other endangered Animals here, why not certain others?" I did a project a while back on White Bengal Tigers, and I definetely think that Asia should add a section to their part of the park especially made for Pandas and White Bengal Tigers. I think it would be great, and it would be something else for people to see in Asia besides Everest, the Rapids, and the Tigers and Bats.

Also, it would mean that families don't have to go to Vegas and see Seigfreid and Roy, haha. ^_^

They already have tigers. White tigers are very rare in the wild. Seigfreid and Roy had so many because they purposely bread for the trait.

I don't think DAK will get a panda any time soon. The Chinese governement allowed US zoos to borrow pandas so they could do the conservation research that the Chinese needed to help their pandas. Now the Chinese are breeding pandas pretty successfully and probably won't need our zoos' help much longer.

ccmuffin2

regarding a Panda at AK

Pandas are very expensive to rent I saw a story on TV recently about a Major Zoo whos had a multi-year contract to rent a Panda from China at around 3 Million year and that the Zoo would be remegging on the Contract w/ 2 years remaining , and the Zoo had a nice attendence level at the Panda Opening and then the attendence dropped.They told China come pick up the Panda

MissM

I didn't realize this was an old thread revived at first. Whoops! Still, it'd be really cool if they did bring in pandas. I saw them as a kid in the special exhibit that Busch Gardens had for a time, but not since then.
-m

Scar Junior

Well, they could rent the pandas for a few years.... and then they'd breed.... and then the baby pandas would be legal residents. So it's a win-win situation. It would be so great for them though to receive these animals. Can you imagine the pandamonium!?

Scar Junior

Is it possible for the panda's to be rented, breeded, and then have the babies be legal residents?

Pun intended? :lol:

1. I don't know; it's worth a shot. But I do know that if the panda isn't born in the US it can't become president- so there's another reason have them breed.

2. Yep! Panda jokes rule. They're such funny animals. I bet that the other animals love when Panda is around.

JEDIsney

1. I don't know; it's worth a shot. But I do know that if the panda isn't born in the US it can't become president- so there's another reason have them breed.

2. Yep! Panda jokes rule. They're such funny animals. I bet that the other animals love when Panda is around.
:lol: You're on a roll with these panda jokes!

Scar Junior

We had a panda at the Minnesota Zoo a few years ago. He walked into the zoo restaurant, sat down and ordered a sandwich. He ate the sandwich, pulled out a gun and shot the waiter dead. As the panda stood up to go, the manager of the zoo's restaurant shouted, "Hey! Where are you going? You just shot my waiter and you didn't pay for your sandwich!"
The panda yelled back at the manager, "Hey man, I'm a panda! PAN-DA! Look it up!"

The manager opened his dictionary and saw the definition:

Panda n. : A black and white, tree dwelling marsupial of Asian origin that eats chutes and leaves."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom