DAK looking to add a Panda?

wdwhoneymooner

Originally posted by disneydisney
Yea, we have pandas here at the Zoo Atlanta and they are neat. I always thought they should add pandas to Animal Kingdom.

Pandas in AK would be a fantastic addition! I've been fortunate enough to see the two pandas at Zoo Atlanta a half dozen times and it's a thrill everytime.

DarkMeasures

Hmm... I don't really care for pandas.... but it will be great help for Animal Kingdom. Maybe Kali can be altered to where you go through a long flat section looking at Pandas and Tigers and other asian animals.

Originally posted by jwbeck3
Disney would have to build a whole new, large, sophisticated enclosure for them so I am assuming it would have to be around EE and be a separate area devoted only to the Panda.

Naaah, just throw em in with the lions, they'll be fine.
:p

Jon_in_NC

Well with Hong Kong Disneyland on the way, maybe Disney will have some goodwill with China and be able to get the pandas.

I'd love for them to be added onto the Jungle Trek!!

drew81

I saw the pandas at the San Diego zoo. It was a very well designed exhibit. If Disney was to bring them in, I can only think it would help the Asia area of the park.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Mmmmmmmm Panda *drool* :slurp:

panda.jpeg

I'd like my Panda cooked medium, please, with a side of eagle fried rice. :slurp:

Extinction tastes so Yummy!

Testtrack321

Lee, any info?

I, myself, would spend HOURS looking at pandas! They are soooooooo neat!!! Also, add a good sit-down resturaunt in Asia, and we could make AK a full-day park.

speck76

Since all of Asia is currently themed to India, it would be nice to have a small China section of Asia behind EE (since the Himalayas are between Indai and China) and have a panda exhibit there. Of course, since DAK loves ducks, they could also have a bunch of fancy ducks in the village.

drew81

If DAK does get pandas, Asia is the right place for them. At the San Diego zoo they have the guests very close to pandas. I remeber you were told to be quiet while you were watching them. It would be awesome to see them at the park. They definately we be a huge draw. I think Joe Rhode may be working on getting the pandas to DAK as we speak.

I would also love to see an area of the park that is devoted to the forests. This could include: eagles, and bears.

RSoxNo1

I know people hate when we revitalize new threads - but it seems that I'm the only one on here that wants this to happen.

Does anyone know if there was any truth to the old Screamscape rumor about Disney working with the Chinese government about acquiring Pandas and/or Asian Elephants?

imagineersrock

I know people hate when we revitalize new threads - but it seems that I'm the only one on here that wants this to happen.

Does anyone know if there was any truth to the old Screamscape rumor about Disney working with the Chinese government about acquiring Pandas and/or Asian Elephants?
I'm with you on this one in wanting to see it happen. From what I understand, there is some definite truth to the rumor and that it is still a very real possibility. (The Pandas that is, I have not heard a thing about Asian Elephants.)

JimboJones123

Isn't that a rumor from like '03?

JimboJones123

sorry missed the purpose of your post. Yeah, it would be awesome. Opens up new gates for dragons of china and beastly kingdom too.

Now where is Lee to roll his eyes?

RSoxNo1

Perhaps it's wishful thinking on my part, but it seems that the fully enclosed Nemo show is a step in the right direction for a new animal exhibit. Although the hearing of many animals in the park is such that they could hear well beyond what humans can hear, I'd have to believe that a major hold up in negotiations with the Chinese government would be the noise pollution that comes with the 5th or 6th most attendended theme park in the world (I know all the WDW parks are at or near the top of this list).

I can also assume that with nothing leaked in the last 3 years that they are either still in negotiations, or they have put the acquisition of Pandas on the back burner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom