D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event—Coming to Anaheim Next August

Surferboy567

I do want to play devil’s advocate with myself and say that horizons is also a general term that can be referred to as simply meaning the future.

I’ll admit though the name and the giant SSE sun thing does raise my eyebrows though. That’s 100% intentional.

McMickeyWorld

I have 3 theories:

1.The icons are arranged by opening date, but DisneySea and EPCOT are missing, and the fact that Beyond Thunder seems like a park icon makes me doubt.

2.The icons represent the announcements, based on current projects, rumors, and the size of the icons:

DL and MK: Entertainment for DL (I am not aware of the rumors), but for MK there is the rumor of the parade.
TDL: New Tomorrowland, quite limited like the past expo where they only showed a few images without details of Fantasy Springs.
DLP: There is the rumor of the new Space Mountain and Star Wars. If the latter is included, it will probably be just a vague announcement.
SHDL: The rumored roller coaster.
HKDL: Avengers ride and new parade, maybe the return of PTN.
DHS: I have no idea, but it could be the new version of Rock 'n' Roller and some blue sky.
DAK: Tropical Americas I think will be the main theme of the night and the most extensive.
DAW: Opening date, nighttime show, Frozen, Parade (I think this is a rumor but I haven’t heard much about it and I’m not sure) and maybe Lion King Land.
DCA: First phase of Disney Forward.
Beyond Thunder: Surely the final project to close this part of the panel.
DCL and DCL-OLC: I don’t know much about the ongoing projects, but that they are in that part of the art is a creative decision.
EPCOT:If we are right and the sun is EPCOT, maybe it’s for a surprise project to hype the fans. I bet on Imagination, but if it’s Horizons, I would go crazy and have a heart attack from excitement.
DisneySea: I don’t think they will announce anything, probably in their near future there will only be entertainment announcements from OLC.

3.Maybe it’s none of the above and it’s just random AI-generated art.

I’m not sure why there’s no reference to the gaming part in the art; maybe the sun is even a reference to that. I don’t know what they might announce; as far as I know, there are no rumors of Epic, and generally, I think there’s only the rumor of the live-action of Kingdom of Hearts.
Horizons-Disney-Experiences-Showcase-2046x2048.jpg

doctornick

If the sun is SSE/Epcot, the second ship could be TDS because of the boat attractions there. So maybe all parks are represented?

Edit: okay, didn't see the theory about the mountain being Frozen from TDS

BrianLo

If the sun is SSE/Epcot, the second ship could be TDS because of the boat attractions there. So maybe all parks are represented?

Edit: okay, didn't see the theory about the mountain being Frozen from TDS

Sorry, that was me. I waffled and waffled at the outlines and have re-convinced myself it is indeed Big Thunder.

I still don't think there is some worrying meaning if the Sun is somehow not Spaceship Earth. I know they'll talk about Epcot because I know they'll talk about Test Track.

A second ship could be TDS I guess but they are both clearly DCL branded vessels. 2 just might look more symmetric than one. Or we're get another two vessel order announcement for 2030-33 timeframe for delivery. I've been on that train for more DCL ships even before yesterday's OLC announcement. The company clearly just submitted new orders to Meyer Werft.

Sneakman

Man earliest today we were talking about sweaters and fortnite and globes and bears, and stuff an now this! . What a crazy day! And the country bears live on too! I am oh so happy about the bears. Also letting you know that “better to have optimism” comment was coincideence. I have zero idea what is going on.

OptimusPrime

In the Parks
No
Villains? Figment and Dreamfinder (in Fortnite?)? A fifth gate? Walt Disney is back from the grave, and reveals himself to be in love with Miachel eisner? What is it?
Dreamfinder in Fortnite with Figment backbling would be crazy nuts.

Dreamcatcher glider, glass pyramid pic, geodesic contrail. Disney hire me

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom