D23 Spring Edition Reveals Dumbo Coaster Theme and Hints at Anniversary Celebration!

Figment632

Koda is just fine in Canada. Give the kids something to look forward to in World Showcase. I don't feel like it cheapens the WS experience at all. Certainly not as bad as the cheesey Epcot Character Spot in Future World.:hurl:

It should only be in the WS if it is classic and ingrained into the culture likeSW in Germany it should not be in the WS imo.

SirGoofy

And to add to the "it's only M&G's..."

So is WS essentially. 2 small rides and a bunch of meet and greets mixed in beautiful architecture and side acts to watch.

Well, in WS you were supposed to elarn and meet people from their homes.... I see a connection whether it's snow White or a chiense Acrobat

No, no no, a thousand times no. I've hated the comparison to WS the minute it was implied. FLE is NOTHING like WS. WS is about learning the cultures traditions and customs of people around the world.

Seriously 2 rides and that's it? It's also got a true E-ticket show, not to mention the multitude of Circlevision theaters, on top of cultural exhibits and cuisine.

Yes, there are M&G, but they are far from the focus. They are small side diversions for the kiddies.

Moreso than an Arabian bazaar in the middle of Adventureland:dazzle:

WHY!? Why must that always be brought up?:cry:

CaptainMichael

No, no no, a thousand times no. I've hated the comparison to WS the minute it was implied. FLE is NOTHING like WS. WS is about learning the cultures traditions and customs of people around the world.

Seriously 2 rides and that's it? It's also got a true E-ticket show, not to mention the multitude of Circlevision theaters, on top of cultural exhibits and cuisine.

Yes, there are M&G, but they are far from the focus. They are small side diversions for the kiddies.

World Showcase is worth the price of admission alone. At EPCOT, you get two parks for the price of one. World Showcase is the part of WDW that I miss the most when I'm not there.

And it has to be brought up, so Disney's spies can see we don't like it!

SirGoofy

World Showcase is worth the price of admission alone. At EPCOT, you get two parks for the price of one. World Showcase is the part of WDW that I miss the most when I'm not there.

I completely agree.

And it has to be brought up, so Disney's spies can see we don't like it!

Exprcoofto

Whenever I've compared FLE to WS, I'm not talking about size or what they offer, I'm talking about what you see and whats surrounding you. FLE will pull you (well not you, but little kids) into the story, the sounds, and the feeling of the movie, very similar to how WS pulls you into the sights and sounds of different nations. WS is for an older generation while FLE will be for a younger one.

I will always prefer WS over FL any day.

_Scar

In many aspects WS is like FLE- just likein many aspect it is like Toontown imo.

WS doesn't quite have an impressive attraction roster- neither does FLE
The focus is on beautiful architecture, food and beverege, and edutainment- the focus is on meet and greets, entertainment, and architecture
You enter a country and are completely surrounded by its landscaping and architecture- you enter the world of the princesses and go into their homes/castles
You meet and learn about customs and traditions- you meet and interact with the princesses (become a knight, act out a scene)
You celebrate the American Adventure- you celebrate being a guest at the Beast's castle
Come across acrobats- come across clowns and a flying elephant

How can you deny they aren't at least similar? :lookaroun

Figment632

In many aspects WS is like FLE- just likein many aspect it is like Toontown imo.

The focus is on beautiful architecture, food and beverege, and edutainment- the focus is on meet and greets, entertainment, and architecture
You enter a country and are completely surrounded by its landscaping and architecture- you enter the world of the princesses and go into their homes/castles
You meet and learn about customs and traditions- you meet and interact with the princesses (become a knight, act out a scene)
You celebrate the American Adventure- you celebrate being a guest at the Beast's castle

TLM ISN'T going to be impressive???? :lookaroun When has this ever been the focus of WS?

SirGoofy

No, I don't think they're similar. Basically everything you said there could be applied to any land in Disney.

Lee

Adventurer

Not that similar at all.
With the comparisons you used, you could consider ANY land to be similar to WS.
They are two different animals, designed to do different things for different demographics. Only similar in the most basic, simplified ways.

EDIT: Yeah...like Sir Goofy said....

_Scar

TLM ISN'T going to be impressive???? :lookaroun When has this ever been the focus of WS?

Impressive as in Disneyland impressive... a lot of great attractions.

When I think of WS I think of the replica buildings, restuarants, and performers... it's all subjective but I thought that was kinda obvious :shrug:

_Scar

Not that similar at all.
With the comparisons you used, you could consider ANY land to be similar to WS.
They are two different animals, designed to do different things for different demographics. Only similar in the most basic, simplified ways.

EDIT: Yeah...like Sir Goofy said....

:brick:

Oh well, I tried.

Let's agree to disagree.

Exprcoofto

Compared to what?
Compared to HP and the FJ? Nope. Not impressive in that context at all.
TLM will be nice. A cute ride with an very nice facade.
Impressive isn't a word I would use for it.

I'd use impressive for it.

I'd use MIND BLOWING for HPatFJ :sohappy:

Figment632

Compared to what?
Compared to HP and the FJ? Nope. Not impressive in that context at all.
TLM will be nice. A cute ride with an very nice facade.
Impressive isn't a word I would use for it.

It will be a classic E-ticket so we will see. Also I am not sold yet on HP we will so how great this dark ride actually turns out?

Lee

Adventurer
It will be a classic E-ticket so we will see. Also I am not sold yet on HP we will so how great this dark ride actually turns out?
No. It isn't an E. It's a nice D.
Potter and Mermaid should not even be in the same conversation. One is a super-E on the level with Indy, Spidey and Tower. The other is a cute little D-ticket dark ride.
Apples and oranges....and Disney is aiming low.

Figment632

No. It isn't an E. It's a nice D.
Potter and Mermaid should not even be in the same conversation. One is a super-E on the level with Indy, Spidey and Tower. The other is a cute little D-ticket dark ride.
Apples and oranges....and Disney is aiming low.

Uni claims it is a super E but besides Spidey there is nothing in that park that impressive. Also everything that I have seen and DIsney even sai TLM would be an E.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom