D23 patch in the mail today

JoeZer

Steampunky Time Lord
When they did the Disneyland '59 patches there were a lot on eBay. Then they offered the complete set for sale at the D23 first anniversary party by mail-in form that you could only get at the party. Unfortunately, the CM outside where you got the order forms told us that the same stuff would be available on-line so we didn't line up for forms. Nothing ever showed up on-line! :zipit:

Edit: The prices were always crazy-high on eBay!

That silly CM...

When the Disneyland '59 patches came out I didn't even know they were doing that (and I've not yet been to DLR having grown up in Florida and now living in Georgia WDW became a second home to me). But, the DLR '59 patch I received was the Alweg Monorail one. :)

If there's a form like that to pop-up at the Destination-D event this September I hope someone has the where-with-all to post it somewhere where other D23 members who weren't able to attend can obtain it. :drevil:

JoeZer

Steampunky Time Lord
Wonder if they will have patches for WoL, World Showcase or Future World.

How much does it cost to join D23? Might join just to get one of these great patches.

Sounds nice but I doubt it at this time. Wonders of Life was not really one of the originally planned Futureworld Pavilions from what I recall and there wasn't a "symbol" like these logos for the entirety of Futureworld either. The initial World Showcase pavilions did not have streamlined symbols like these either (unless you count the countries' flags done up as Mickey-head shaped pins)...

Would make quite a collection, wouldn't it though?

There are two levels of membership for D23. Disney.com/D23 can give you all the details for it...

MKCP 1985

I got the Universe of Energy. JWG is right ,it really does look like a target or bullseye. :lol:

Since this was just an unexpected freebie, I can't complain that I got this one instead of that one. It was just a nice treat that comes with the membership. If they were for sale, I probably wouldn't buy any of them, but it is something cool to have and if I ever meet a huge "Universe of Energy" fan, I could give it to him or her.

The last time they did patches from attractions that opened in 1959 at Disneyland, I got the Autopia patch, and it looks pretty cool. :king:

JoeZer

Steampunky Time Lord
Check this out JoeZer. Post 8 by Snoopy 12 Logos.

http://www.mouseinfo.com/forums/walt-disney-world/89022-question-about-epcot-symbols.html

The Logo in top row 2nd from the left is Future World (Don't think it was ever used though) The Logo in top row last on the right is Wonders of Life.
Bottom row last on right is World Showplace Logo.

So once upon a time there were logos! Would be nice to make patches of these!

Made it to 200 posts.

YAY! Neat find, Palisades. Thank you for linking it. :)

I like it when I get to learn new/more things about WDW and meld it in to my experiences.

SewIn2Disney

My fiance and I both recieved Journey into Imagination (yeah...we both have memberships---we both got the membership for each other last year for Christmas...lol).

I'd be willing to trade JII for an Epcot Center one if anyone is interested!

Are these for D23 members only? Like if I go to my local Barnes and Nobles to buy D23, the patch wouldn't be included with it, would it?

TDTink

I got a Horizions patch and if anyone wanted it they are welcome to it. I am not looking to collect the whole set and would love to help out a fellow D23 member that wanted to!

PalisadesPkteer

You're welcome JoeZer.

Not sure on how much the World Showcase logo was used. The logo is from 1982 is the info I found. The Wonders of Life, again not sure how much it was used.

Don't think the Future World one was used. But I could be wrong.

Need Martin to clear this all up. Martin! What can you tell us.

Here is link again. Post 8 by Snoopy. There are 12 Logos.

http://www.mouseinfo.com/forums/walt-disney-world/89022-question-about-epcot-symbols.html

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
The full set of 9 patches sold for a final price of $247.50! :eek:

I liked 'em, but not that much! :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom