D23 Parks and Resort Panel 2019

bryanfze55

I don’t want a new Tomorrowland. Do we really trust Chapek to improve on what’s already there? They’ll find a way to make it worse than it is now. Unless the only thing they do is bring back the PeopleMover or something like it and revitalize the Innoventions building, I don’t want them touching Tomorrowland. Give me the Subs and Autopia. At least they’re both classic attractions with charm (minus the IP inserted into the Subs).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't imagine too happy here are happy, either. All we got was a stupid parade that we've known about for months.

Well...enforcement on boards tends to be “emotional” and inconsistent...

I think I read through 12 pages of profanity laced (implied) sarcasms and personal attacks from dusters...and I got barred from commenting.

Guess somebody had “special milk” in their D23 Cheerios

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
To Galaxy's Edge? Yes - I wrote up a big positive review for it over in the GE review thread.

The Disneyland one...I assume.
And so you think the lack of crowds/positive reception is unwarranted?

I don’t necessarily disagree...but it’s hard to tell the consumer they’re wrong.

Rich T

You locals are savage lol.

Maybe it’s because I only travel to Disneyland once a year, but the new stuff sucking doesn’t bother me that much. Because I go for the classic stuff generally and it keeps me satisfied every time.

But I get it, I guess... if you’ve rode Pirates or Splash Mountain 100 times, I guess the appetite for new, high quality attractions might be greater. The Spider-Man ride does sound pretty damn mediocre, but is it really much worse than anything at A Bug’s Land?
At least Bugs Land was one step closer to an actual Disney-created IP.

planodisney

I haven’t heard anyone comment on it but I’ve seen a few posts on the WDW thread describing the ROTR footage as incredible/amazing.
Did anyone here see those clips?

TP2000

Glad I kept my brunch plans for today. Just got home and it only took me 10 minutes to get caught up, and it appears I didn't miss much.

Most Flattering Thing I Can Say About 2019 Parks Panel:
Mr. Chapek actually pulls off the jeans-n-blazer look pretty well. His jeans are contemporary 'Cool Dad' yet not hipster skinny, and the look suits his frame. It even makes his drab corporate personality a little more palatable. Whoever styled Mr. Chapek for D23 did a great job! So at least there's that. Also, no Tomorrowland announcement is a good thing since it would have come from Bob Chapek.

Most Unflattering Thing I Can Say About 2019 Parks Panel:
This is now a company that doesn't get it. They brought the Target CEO up on stage at the Parks Panel, like the Target CEO is the equivalent of talented senior Imagineers? That's not just a warning flag to Disney theme park fans, that's a flag of surrender. The rest was just a mish-mash of queue artwork and confirmation of rumors we already knew about (Magic Happens, Epcot, etc.). And poor EPCOT, that is just a thematic mess that I don't get.

Thankfully, brunch was nice. Without a single Instagrammable Moment. :cool:

Last edited:

bryanfze55

say wat???

People are going to complain no matter what. They would’ve complained if A Bug’s Land has stayed, and they’ll complain when it gets replaced with another IP.

Part of this is Disney’s fault, because they set the public's expectations way too high for everything. I think people here would be less offended if Disney said something along the lines of: “We’re going to replace A Bug’s Land with Marvel. It won’t be a significant improvement, but it might be a little bit better. We’ll see. Marvel is just more popular, and that’s what our fans want. So we’re changing IPs to something more popular, but don’t get the impression that this will be the second coming of New Orleans Square or anything.”

Instead, Disney offends its fans by overhyping every new land to the extent that no fan’s expectations will be met. Then people become jaded and mock Disney every time they use the word “immersive” when hyping a new attraction or land.

Keep in mind, this only applies to diehard fans really. The average guest will love Avengers Campus.

It Is What It Is

I love target...

In New Jersey.

Building a target at wdw (though I’d bet it’s next to the new vista lay...which is the point) represents crossing the river in a way. Big box discount stores next to $35,000 buy in timeshares and a $3300 boutique hotel?

Just let that sautée a little
How do you know these will be next to timeshares? I'm pretty sure Bob wants one on Main St.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom