D23 Expo Theme Park News and Announcements

Californian Elitist

Went to get in and there were multiple extremely long lines for members and non- members trying to get in. At 9:30 none seemed to be moving at all. We left to go grab breakfast and relax, will try again later.

I am starting to question why I came...

If you want to see the panels you're looking forward to, you're going to have to camp out like the others, seriously. Good luck, dude.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
If you want to see the panels you're looking forward to, you're going to have to camp out like the others, seriously. Good luck, dude.
Nothing's important enough to me to camp out for. I guess I'd be happy if they showed any signs of organization, they don't.

I'll wait until I can get in without standing in line for hours and I'll wander the static displays (my disability means I don't enter a queue at the parks that's longer than 30 minutes, same applies here). I'm hoping to do some shopping at Mickey's of Glendale, but beyond that I have no real expectations.

I think by now Disney should be much better at this.

Californian Elitist

Nothing's important enough to me to camp out for. I guess I'd be happy if they showed any signs of organization, they don't.

I'll wait until I can get in without standing in line for hours and I'll wander the static displays (my disability means I don't enter a queue at the parks that's longer than 30 minutes, same applies here). I'm hoping to do some shopping at Mickey's of Glendale, but beyond that I have no real expectations.

Why do you think I decided to skip the Expo?

Jokes aside, I agree, this camping out business for this isn't me, either. What Disney needs to do is have a cutoff for the number of tickets they sell. Limit the number of people and it would be much more organized.

It's good you have no expectations, your time spent at the Expo will be a little more glorious.

Figment82

I was so frustrated by the lack of organization at the 2009 expo, that I decided to skip the one in 2011 and this year. I was wasting hours standing in line just hoping to get into a presentation. And since I flew cross-country to attend, those were hours I could have spent at the parks. The handling of the merchandise alone was enough to drive me away. I'm sorry to see it hasn't changed...

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I was so frustrated by the lack of organization at the 2009 expo, that I decided to skip the one in 2011 and this year. I was wasting hours standing in line just hoping to get into a presentation. And since I flew cross-country to attend, those were hours I could have spent at the parks. The handling of the merchandise alone was enough to drive me away. I'm sorry to see it hasn't changed...
Oh darn! I hope merch isn't too much of an issue! My one thing I want to do is shop for WDI merch!

Californian Elitist

^^^ I had a blast at the '09 Expo. There weren't a lot of people there (when I arrived, there was no line and it was bare) and I got to see everything I wanted to see. STARK CONTRAST to the last one. People, EVERYWHERE, and I didn't get into a single panel.

FigmentJedi

tumblr_mr9zaqhrWx1rtn2elo1_500.jpg

Marvel's Museum of the Weird comic adaptation confirmed.

Figment82

Oh darn! I hope merch isn't too much of an issue! My one thing I want to do is shop for WDI merch!

Hopefully they've gotten their act together with that at least. And I don't believe they had a Mickey's of Glendale mini-shop at the 2009 expo anyway, so that might be a better setup.

In 2009, it seemed like the checkout line was almost always a 45-60 minute wait. Things would sell out but they wouldn't tell you, or they'd tell you something had sold out when it hadn't. Plus you had the typical "Black Friday snatch everything up" craziness going on. A mess... :-(

I sincerely hope they fixed their process and that you get everything you want!

RedtoGray

Disney missed a huge opportunity to promote MagicBands at D23. The panels could have been viewed as "Attractions" and the guests could have added them to their MagicBands like Fast Passes. Open up reservations an hour or 2 before the panel so everyone has a fair shot of getting in. You could always have a stand-by line if someone doesn't show up. No camping out and no long lines.

GLaDOS

Disney missed a huge opportunity to promote MagicBands at D23. The panels could have been viewed as "Attractions" and the guests could have added them to their MagicBands like Fast Passes. Open up reservations an hour or 2 before the panel so everyone has a fair shot of getting in. You could always have a stand-by line if someone doesn't show up. No camping out and no long lines.

They can't get them to work in a park where they're a permanent installation, you expect them to work in a quick setup?

FigmentJedi

They are. It's a kiosk at the Imagineering exhibit where Edna from the Incredibles is hawking them to guests.

NowInc

Its actually a common problem at the Anaheim convention center. I have been to many many events there (NAMM, SIGGRAPH, BLIZZCON, and more)..each time its a long line bonanza with no signs of organization anywhere.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I decided to queue for Mickey's of Glendale, I'm currently in a secondary queue to get into the main queue...

Seems to be moving relatively well.

Since this shop was my goal, I'll get it done now and the rest of the weekend is gravy. I doubt we'll get into any of the presentations, but we'll try.

RedtoGray

They can't get them to work in a park where they're a permanent installation, you expect them to work in a quick setup?
I wouldn't call the Expo a quick set-up situation. I have not experienced the new system in the parks but I would think a system for the panels would have not been a stretch for Disney to plan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom