News D23 Expo 2022

Sir_Cliff

The time zone change and jet lag don’t help either. Not only longer travel time but you have to spend part of the trip getting in synch with the hours of the day.

I find the argument of “vacation somewhere other than Disney” than just spending your money to just visit a different Disney park.
Yes, that's how I feel and how I've also generally reacted to recent changes at WDW. The idea that someone would fly to Tokyo or Paris from the United States principally to visit Disneyland seems a bit strange to me unless you really are a super fan. For example, Disneyland Paris is nice, but it's at most a 2 or 3 day chunk out of a longer trip to France/Europe.

"Maybe try going other places if you're unhappy with WDW" makes more sense to me.

SirLink

Moana would be better, overall a Hawaiian themed land but they’ve been building a Moana land for 7 years in Epcot now….

Zootooia is a no.

But if you look back at the concept art for the Moana land thats they showed that isn't being built in DAK, there was a spinner and a flume ride. But in reality it should be dinosaurs. Hell even something like National Geography Presents ... The Jurassic Age would be better than the ideas they are considering.

One could argue they are recording the reactions to take to the Board to get funding for these projects but I wouldn't be inclinded to give Chris Beatty a penny for any of these Blue Sky projects and go back to drawing board.

RobWDW1971

Based on this "Boundless Future," Fantasmic is returning this year. We get Tron finished after 6 years, World Celebration finished, and the Hatbox Ghost in 2023. And in 2024, we get Splash Mountain reskin. Doesn't feel very boundless to me...

In all of my decades following Disney, having the addition of a single cloned AA added to an existing attraction being heralded as a major development like this is a new, pathetic low.

And yes, the Figment M&G was an intentional to the Epcot fans. The sooner you understand they mock you to your face, the better.

Last edited by a moderator:

J4546

This d23 was pretty disappointing imo, but had a couple good highlights for me, especially living in CA. The new Avengers ride is something that will hopefully be amazing and the retheme of the wharf was something I had no idea was a thing and is a pleasant surprise if done well. Some cool meet n greets are always a nice addition and I like the bayou adventure retheme of Splash but still there wasn't anything thing super spectacular for me. Harmonious leaving is nice though, assuming they won't make something uglier in the lagoon.

I'm not a fan of all the blue sky stuff unless they actually build it.

mightynine

And I can’t help but wonder if the Figment M&G is being developed so that they can gut JII in the future and redo it with anything else.

Patcheslee

This d23 was pretty disappointing imo, but had a couple good highlights for me, especially living in CA. The new Avengers ride is something that will hopefully be amazing and the retheme of the wharf was something I had no idea was a thing and is a pleasant surprise if done well. Some cool meet n greets are always a nice addition and I like the bayou adventure retheme of Splash but still there wasn't anything thing super spectacular for me. Harmonious leaving is nice though, assuming they won't make something uglier in the lagoon.

I'm not a fan of all the blue sky stuff unless they actually build it.
Honestly with the many DL announcements, I wonder if they are trying to draw some of the WDW domestic guests to it instead.

SplashJacket

@marni1971

What is this version of the avengers ride? Is this still FoP? Or is it an EMV because of the 4x3 configuration? Or is it like Peter Pan at DisneySea?

D153B42A-30A2-4298-9A59-34BB51676CC6.jpeg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This is nothing like what I imagined they had in mind when we were discussing the Frontierland Expansion a couple years ago - I have to assume this is a newer take than was proposed then?
Rememebr I’ve talked about an expansion N/W of Splash? It’s a development of this and the prior plan. But as demonstrated today detail is as clear as mud.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom