News D23 Expo 2022

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Y
I'm still bitter about the Figment sucker punch.

Sucker Punch Fight GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy
Yeah it’s obvious they don’t understand their fans when they do that. It would have been better not to announce a figment meet and greet

SoFloMagic

Ok, final guesses time.

I'm going with lots of recycled stuff and updates, something really underwhelming for dinoland like a splash pad or something, a parade for one of the coasts (I'm going magic happens) and happily ever after (or an announcement that enchantment is dead).
Reposting to say - if their ideas are my ideas then imagineering is dead.

UpAllNight

The lack of announcements was one thing, but the idea that this was a charged event is another. Disney should be embarrassed & ashamed at charging people for such a shambolic presentation, even if we ignore the contents. Crikey I think that's the worst professional presentation I've ever watched. Imagine that at an Apple launch event.

TalkingHead

I think y’all are underselling the plan to expand behind big thunder and redo Dinoland. They aren’t gonna throw that out that without it being an actual plan to do something.
Because they have principles like they wouldn’t dare lead their addicted customers astray?

MagicHappens1971

Villians should be an entire 5th gate. There is so much content to make a Dark Magic Kingdom.
The problem is a 5th park is never going to happen. I hope they build more expansions like this in the parks, I’d like to see them takeover one of the DHS parking lots and build a villains lair land, take over some of the existing park (Indy/Backlot Express) and start there

Smugpugmug

This sealed my desire to do Universal/Sea World in the future over Disney. If I do any Disney park in the near future it would be Disneyland.
For me the most appealing Disney park is Tokyo Disneyland/sea. Those parks are way better than the US parks. When restrictions on tourism lessen and Fantasy Springs opens, I'm going there instead.

Indy_UK

So other than opening Tron and tidying up the front of Epcot, we can’t expect anything new at WDW for a good 5-6 years really.

And all these Blu Sky images are they’re answer to Epic Universe. Why stick Moana in 2 parks?

Why stick Moana and Zootopia in AK when you have IP like Jungle book that makes so much more sense?

mightynine

I think y’all are underselling the plan to expand behind big thunder and redo Dinoland. They aren’t gonna throw that out without it being an actual plan to do something in those areas. We kinda thought dinoland was gonna happen eventually but the MK expansion definitely wasn’t on my radar.
There is no plan. There were no commitments. That literally was just blue sky filler.

I can’t over or undersell something that, as of right now, exists mainly as conceptartd23_v3.png

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I wish I had been wrong, but unfortunately, WDW drew the short budgetary straw again. So I guess we'll be going to Universal Epic Universe in 2025 for something new.

djkidkaz

I really hope universal knocks it outta the park… Disney needs to play catch-up again… guess they didn’t learn from Potter

Disney isn’t playing catch up and I don’t think Epic Universe is going to take a huge bite out of Disney at all. The fact that you have to mention Potter, which was the one moment in time when universal really got it right, proves my point. That opened in 2010 and it’s still the go-to to somehow say that Universal is beating Disney or playing catch up to them. At most, Epic Universe will cause Animal Kingdom to potentially take a hit as it’s the park most Guests might skip to go down to Epic Universe instead.

DCLcruiser

The problem is a 5th park is never going to happen. I hope they build more expansions like this in the parks, I’d like to see them takeover one of the DHS parking lots and build a villains lair land, take over some of the existing park (Indy/Backlot Express) and start there
There is plenty of space for a 5th Gate. Will it happen? Probably not.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think y’all are underselling the plan to expand behind big thunder and redo Dinoland. They aren’t gonna throw that out without it being an actual plan to do something in those areas. We kinda thought dinoland was gonna happen eventually but the MK expansion definitely wasn’t on my radar.
It’s been a solid plan for six years now. It’s called the Frontierland Connector.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom