News D23 Expo 2022

Phicinfan

What would your priorities be?
Been out of touch but....
Opening of Tron
Opening of Railroad
Completion of Epcot center area including Moana
Replacement in Stitch
Refurbishment of SSE is MUCH more important than Imagination.

Once those are stated, I would be all for Imagination redo - but those take ultimate precedence IMO

James Alucobond

Opening of Tron
Opening of Railroad
Replacement in Stitch

Once those are stated, I would be all for Imagination redo - but those take ultimate precedence IMO
Ignoring things that are already in the process of happening, Stitch and Dinoland both represent a complete waste of potential capacity in areas that are already primed for development, and Imagination is almost as much a waste of capacity even if it's officially still up and running. SSE is important from a maintenance standpoint, but I do absolutely think Stitch, Dinoland, and Imagination should be near the top of their list. Of course, "should" doesn't always translate into reality.

doctornick

Gosh, I had completely forgotten about Stitch. Shameful that they have unused attraction space sitting there is the middle of the worlds busiest theme park. 😡

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Ignoring things that are already in the process of happening, Stitch and Dinoland both represent a complete waste of potential capacity in areas that are already primed for development, and Imagination is almost as much a waste of capacity even if it's officially still up and running. SSE is important from a maintenance standpoint, but I do absolutely think Stitch, Dinoland, and Imagination should be near the top of their list. Of course, "should" doesn't always translate into reality.
Totally agree who truly cares about updates we can visibly see in progress not to mention its taken them this long to build them a date is nothing ill be holding my breathe for... Now dont get me wrong its not like if they announced all those things above im holding my breathe bc lets see... MS theatre, Mary Poppins, SE refurb to name a few that were officially announced and didnt happen....not to mention everything else we have heard hard rumors on from trusted insiders that were scrapped as well.

RSoxNo1

Opening of Tron
Opening of Railroad
Replacement in Stitch

Here's the thing, aside from Stitch... anything on that list is something that's already been announced. If all we get was an update on existing projects, that's a tremendous disappointment.

Opening dates on Tron, WDW Railroad, Moana and EPCOT's spine do not need to be a part of this presentation. They could be and it's fine if they are, but you don't need to charge people to be a part of the "excitement" that is that announcement.

If I were to prioritize building times, you're 100% correct that SSE's update should probably take place before or at least concurrently with an overhaul on Imagination. I'd say concurrently as I would anticipate that both projects would be more than 12 months. The fact that the park currently has 11 rides would allow for both of them to be down simultaneously.

We know that prior to the 2017 D23 Expo, the EPCOT plans included:

• A Brazil Pavilion where Disney was putting in $200-250 mil
  • An Imagination Pavilion where Disney was putting in $200+ mil
  • A SSE update
  • A Living Seas Update
  • A update to Living with the Land
All of this was over and above Ratatouille and Guardians.

Also, DAK has 8 rides including the train to nothing and a spinner. It needs at least two additional rides, but the announcement of at least one would be the absolute minimum I would expect. I could also see it being another off the shelf roller coaster making the announcement itself disappointing.

It doesn't solve the Dinorama issue, but to me, Mystic Manor makes all the sense in the world for the next addition to Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Opening of Tron
Opening of Railroad
Replacement in Stitch

But all that is old stuff…sad if we need annual “updates” on things for 3,4,5 years…
I would add AK is not the important park right now. Just isn't with Pandora still somewhat fresh.
They don’t think it’s important…or studios…
But the clock runs on park stagnation every second after opening day.

J4546

how would mystic manor fit into the dinosaur world in ak? Im not against it, id love an awesome omnimover in AK.

James Alucobond

how would mystic manor fit into the dinosaur world in ak? Im not against it, id love an awesome omnimover in AK.
I think the bigger issue is that it’s an attraction about enchanted artifacts and has next to nothing to do with animals. You could easily make it fit in a generic explorer/SEA area or just disconnect it from Dinoland entirely, but it ultimately doesn’t fit in the park.

Brer Panther

Mystic Manor makes all the sense in the world for the next addition to Disney's Animal Kingdom.
I've seen this suggested a lot, but I honestly don't get it.

For one thing, it's meant to be another Disney resort's version of the Haunted Mansion. Disney World already has a Haunted Mansion.

And what does Mystic Manor have to do with animals? I mean, yeah, there's a monkey, but that's like saying a Frozen ride would fit in Animal Kingdom because there's a reindeer.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I've seen this suggested a lot, but I honestly don't get it.

For one thing, it's meant to be another Disney resort's version of the Haunted Mansion. Disney World already has a Haunted Mansion.

And what does Mystic Manor have to do with animals? I mean, yeah, there's a monkey, but that's like saying a Frozen ride would fit in Animal Kingdom because there's a reindeer.
There’s not a lot of creative juice coming out of WDI…so fans are compensating with asking for clones…easy psychology there

BrianLo

I don’t want to get lost in the weeds, but Mystic Manor belongs in a castle park. There is nothing Rohde like about the attraction (apart from his likeness). Nor does it replicate Haunted Mansion in any way apart from conceptually having started as a menu replacement for HM, sharing a house facade concept and a few subtle nods.

Tonally it’s vastly different. Also scale, ride systems, pacing and theming are all quite divergent. I would have way less concerns with it existing in Adventureland at MK. With a few HM nods it has replaced. Not that I want it to be duplicated, but this is an attraction the MK crowds would eat up.

BrianLo

MM is vastly overrated and does WDW really need another trackless?

Overrated in the sense that it often tops favourite lists and maybe sets unrealistic expectations. But its still a top ten Worldwide Disney Ride as far as most people are concerned. I know you are one of the few who disagree though.

I agree. It’s a silly addition in light of MMRR and Ratatouille particularly. The allure is totally gone.

jaxonp

Overrated in the sense that it often tops favourite lists and maybe sets unrealistic expectations. But its still a top ten Worldwide Disney Ride as far as most people are concerned. I know you are one of the few who disagree though.

I agree. It’s a silly addition in light of MMRR and Ratatouille particularly. The allure is totally gone.

I just don’t think it’s great. I think more would agree If it weren’t on the other side of the world… but most decided it’s greatness via YouTube…

The ride system is just tired imo.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom