News D23 Expo 2022

CalebS

I’m expecting the person who writes THE zach’s instagram posts to use a lot of fancy words to try to make us excited about nothing. I’m expecting Tron and Woody’s opening date, something about the center of epcot, and new info on Tiana’s waste of resources mountain. Hoping for at least a new AK roller coaster to replace primeval. We’ll see, not counting on it.

doctornick

no idea if anything for WDW will be announced at D23 but I continue to believe that even TDO and Chapek and company aren’t so stupid that they won’t have anything open in 2025 that they can advertise as a counter to Epic Universe. And no not Tiana, something actually new.

I’m guessing at the very least they’ll build something in the Dinorama footprint at DAK.

I realize there’s plenty of reason to doubt Disney and feel free to call me naïve. I just would find that to be an unbelievably stupid move that seems even crazier than possible for Disney leadership as miserly as they are.

Captain Neo

They’re never gonna pay to retrofit/reinstall a completely outdated, low draw, no ip ride system. They don’t believe in “crowd eaters” anymore because they just keep people happy…they don’t drive ticket sales, price increases, and “premium events”

On top of that the rumor that they are bringing back is a Disney site famous for making stuff up. They posted a story and it got reposted on a ton of other websites because the internet has somehow gotten dumber as time goes on

Captain Neo

The "insiders" that are still around hardly post anything of relevance anymore.. its been well over a year since any of them have really said anything worth a dime. I think Disney has clamped down on info being leaked on purpose or not.

It’s because imagineering doesn’t exist anymore, everyone has either quit or been laid off and Disney is saving money by not doing anything anymore.

This is literally the final stage of the path Eisner put us on in the early 2000s that everybody warned about (you can search this website for conversations from the past twenty years for a trip down memory lane if you’d like)

Ragerunner

Keep an eye on historic magic kingdom attraction(s). Several attractions really need a significant maintenance upgrade and it will give them a chance (for limited cost) to update the attraction at the same time.

Last edited:

Haymarket2008

I’ve heard some rumblings from people in the know that we will be pleasantly surprised. I have not heard specific details but there should be some significant announcements. Chapek knows he has a major PR issue with the fans. The easiest and quickest way to change the story is to announce something big. I’m still not holding my breath but hopefully it’s true.

Anything you can hint at? Maybe what park it will be in?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The "insiders" that are still around hardly post anything of relevance anymore.. its been well over a year since any of them have really said anything worth a dime. I think Disney has clamped down on info being leaked on purpose or not.
The more likely conclusion…because WDI talks and that’s where more of the “leaks” come from…is that there’s nothing. It’s a cycle and that’s where we are…in Orlando at least

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom