News D23 Expo 2022

fgmnt

I think it is certain Spaceship Earth, PLAY and probably Wondrous China will be put back on the shelf with an announcement at D23. (And some clarification of World Celebration additions.)

Less certain? A fresh upgrade for The Seas (which was very much in the pipeline) and probably The Land, too.

They really don't have a whole lot left to truly announce apart from the above mentioned stuff and.....Imagination. If the company wasn't so all over the place, I'd bet that Imagination would finally get announced at this year's ceremony. But I'm highly doubtful.

Other far-fetched guesses: Poppins could get a refreshed design and possibly a light Coco overlay to Gran Fiesta Tour. That's about it.
You say "put back on the shelf" but make it sound like they are being taken off the shelf--"shelving" something usually means not using it. Not trying to be pedantic but I do want to be clear.

While this is wholly speculation, I have no faith in the company the Imagination Pavilion will be materially different in 2030 from how it is in 2022.

Sirwalterraleigh

I’ve heard some rumblings from people in the know that we will be pleasantly surprised. I have not heard specific details but there should be some significant announcements. Chapek knows he has a major PR issue with the fans. The easiest and quickest way to change the story is to announce something big. I’m still not holding my breath but hopefully it’s true.
If I had a nickel for everytime I’ve seen this same thing this time a year on a forum…

I’d have probably $1.15 by now

Haymarket2008

You say "put back on the shelf" but make it sound like they are being taken off the shelf--"shelving" something usually means not using it. Not trying to be pedantic but I do want to be clear.

While this is wholly speculation, I have no faith in the company the Imagination Pavilion will be materially different in 2030 from how it is in 2022.

I mean I think it's somewhat clear what I was going for. They did legitimately confirm that the pause button was put on at LEAST Spaceship Earth. That is more that can be said about the Play pavilion. Yes, they kept it in the Epcot Experience, but they have said virtually nothing about it since Oct 2019.

solidyne

Maybe they meant "on the table" (which ironically is the opposite of "tabling").

EricsBiscuit

Here’s how it was worded for 2017:
“Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Bob Chapek will take the stage during this presentation to share what’s new and what’s next at Disney Parks and Resorts around the globe.”

2022:
“Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro will take to the Hall D23 stage for A Boundless Future: Disney Parks Experiences and Products to share a look at new details of highly anticipated projects in development around the world. The fan-favorite presentation is sure to feature see-it-here-first moments and special surprises.

Maybe there’s hope?

Sirwalterraleigh

That’s why Peoplemover returning to DL makes sense. It’s an easy fan win that would cost a sliver of what Galaxy’s Edge did.
They’re never gonna pay to retrofit/reinstall a completely outdated, low draw, no ip ride system. They don’t believe in “crowd eaters” anymore because they just keep people happy…they don’t drive ticket sales, price increases, and “premium events”

michmousefan

Well to be fair…and get the tomatoes…these trackless are minor.

I know…pearls must get clutched…but the 3 wdw installations have just been pretty modern rehashed of the old 50’s style dark rides. Very C ticket.

Ratatouille is the best if we’re honest. And that’s a clone.

So I agree I’d like more ingenuity in a Mary poppins ride…but the bar isn’t “lofty” when you see what they have done with the “unlimited potential” of their trackless rides. They’re short and they’re toned down.

I do like rat and mickeys is fine.
Sure... wasn't particularly thinking of a trackless ride per se, but just a larger-scale attraction that is worthy of the IP — not an indoor spinner or carousel. Something with a unique ride system could be great.

Sirwalterraleigh

Sure... wasn't particularly thinking of a trackless ride per se, but just a larger-scale attraction that is worthy of the IP — not an indoor spinner or carousel. Something with a unique ride system could be great.
I agree…but that’s exactly what they’re NOT doing.

I honestly have NO clue how WDI pulled guardians off? Flabbergasted

I think the fact the had to reuse the energy building got far more brain power into it than we’re getting…

Indy_UK

I’m fine with the likes of Paris, CruiseLine with Lighthouse point and the other parks getting the bigger focus rather than WDW this time round

My thoughts/predictions are more optimistic than most. I'm hoping that while I don't like Cheapak, he'll prove us wrong since his contract was extended and want to create his own legacy. I'm hopeful but wouldn't be surprised for a completely lackluster expo.

My predictions/hopes are

MK: predictions
Tron Opening
Splash Closing/Tiana Plans
Upgraded Happily Ever After Fireworks with 100th Anniversary part
New Nighttime Parade with 100th Anniversary Part

MK: longshots, hopefully a couple of these
Stitch Replacement
Tommorrowland Speedway refresh/cars upgrade
Tomorrowland Refresh
Main St. Theater Return
Encanto theme treehouse based on disneyland

Epcot: predictions
Harmonious update with 100th Anniversary
Moana Opening
World Celebration and Communicore Opening
Mary Poppins Return
Play Pavilion Plans

Epcot: longshots
Imagination Pavilion Refresh
Figment Ride Redo
Spaceship Earth Redo

Hollywood Studios: predictions
Woody's BBQ Opening
Mermaid Theater New Show
Fantasmic Opening

Hollywood Studios: longshots
Rockin Rollercoaster retheme to cars Rollercoaster(based on leaked car patent)
Refresh Animation Courtyard
Launch Bay Retheme to Encanto Casita walk through attraction
Galaxy Edge Tableservice Restaurant

Animal Kingdom: Predictions
New Nighttime Show with drones
New Land to replace most of Dinoland

AK: longshots
Planet Watch retheme to Zootopia
Kali Rapids Refresh/retheme

trainplane3

I've seen RnRC retheme to a bunch of things but how about...the Rocketeer? Fits the timeline of Sunset well enough, building design is far enough along externally and would need some minor art deco flair added to complete the theme, incredible soundtrack, and a new movie is coming out.

While it's more forgotten about then Tron, it has similar cult popularity. Of course, the new movie needs to do well too because "something something profits idk".

I expect nothing but disappointment from D23 though. The massive hype of the 50th proved they didn't care. COVID or not, the minimal effort expected of them wasn't even meant.

EPCOT-O.G.

I've seen RnRC retheme to a bunch of things but how about...the Rocketeer? Fits the timeline of Sunset well enough, building design is far enough along externally and would need some minor art deco flair added to complete the theme, incredible soundtrack, and a new movie is coming out.

While it's more forgotten about then Tron, it has similar cult popularity. Of course, the new movie needs to do well too because "something something profits idk".
They tried rebooting The Rocketeer recently. It did terribly. One season and cancelled. I loved the film but it underperformed as well. I still think it could be utilized well but doesn’t hit the quadrants right now the company’s going after.

jaxonp

If there was a big announcement, I suspect our insiders would have suggested it was coming by now.

The most I could see is a replacement for Dinorama.

The "insiders" that are still around hardly post anything of relevance anymore.. its been well over a year since any of them have really said anything worth a dime. I think Disney has clamped down on info being leaked on purpose or not.

trainplane3

They tried rebooting The Rocketeer recently. It did terribly. One season and cancelled. I loved the film but it underperformed as well. I still think it could be utilized well but doesn’t hit the quadrants right now the company’s going after.
Well, there's an actual film coming back around. I know the kids show existed. Not a surprise it didn't do well.

vikescaper

I expect nothing but disappointment from D23 though. The massive hype of the 50th proved they didn't care. COVID or not, the minimal effort expected of them wasn't even meant.
I would be 100% for a retheme to The Rocketeer!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom