News D23 Expo 2022

CaptainAmerica

Neither did the merch (although I do have one t-shirt).
I strongly dislike the blue and rose gold stuff, but the Vault Collection has been right up my alley.

My issue with them is they seem contradictory - If I am the magic, and thus I am calling, who am I calling? And what about "Disney, now more than ever"?
They're two different songs, they're not meant to be read as a single text.

The Magic Is Calling is the marketing campaign. The "feel the magic reawakening" and "it's like waking up into a dream" lines were particularly poignant to me coming out of COVID.

"You Are the Magic" is a call to action. Like "be the change you want to see in the world" or "spread the spirit of Aloha" or "go forth proclaiming the Good News" or "reach out and find your happily ever after."

WonderWab

I would guess it's something Pandora related for WDW... Josh mentioned the other day that both Marvel and Pandora have room for growth at the parks. I
I would honestly rather them revamp/redo/do something with the DinoLand area of DAK before expanding Pandora. BUT, with Avatar 2 coming this December, I wouldn't be surprised if you are right and they opt to expand Pandora more first.

ppete1975

I would honestly rather them revamp/redo/do something with the DinoLand area of DAK before expanding Pandora. BUT, with Avatar 2 coming this December, I wouldn't be surprised if you are right and they opt to expand Pandora more first.
i keep wondering how Disney will view the area if pandora 2 bombs or is just not a good movie. Of course they will keep what they have but it might be left to stagnate.
Talk about an area you cant retheme lol

ppete1975

Yea the haunted mansion movie bombed and the attraction has survived just fine 😉
little different....
classic attraction compared to a land built due to a movie.
My point being if it does great they could expand if it doesnt do well and the others arent made, then what we see may be all we get (new movie for fop maybe eventually)

dreday3

little different....
classic attraction compared to a land built due to a movie.
My point being if it does great they could expand if it doesnt do well and the others arent made, then what we see may be all we get (new movie for fop maybe eventually)

I think Pandora at AK is successful on it's own, not really having to do anything with the movie. An addition to Pandora will be welcomed and enjoyed no matter how the movies do.

Which kind of proves how far great imagination and theming can take something!

jaxonp

I think Pandora at AK is successful on it's own, not really having to do anything with the movie. An addition to Pandora will be welcomed and enjoyed no matter how the movies do.

Right. The amount of people I’ve been to pandora with that haven’t seen avatar is astounding… most people I know are more impressed with Pandora than they are with SWGE….

CaptainAmerica

You mean like how Splash Mountain exists entirely independently from Song of the South?

CaptainAmerica

No. :D

You keep getting me deleted.
e09.gif

SoFloMagic

The Magic Is Calling is the marketing campaign. The "feel the magic reawakening" and "it's like waking up into a dream" lines were particularly poignant to me coming out of COVID.

"You Are the Magic" is a call to action. Like "be the change you want to see in the world" or "spread the spirit of Aloha" or "go forth proclaiming the Good News" or "reach out and find your happily ever after."
Disney decided the 50th would be about the magic calling you home to Disney world. Thus, marketing song and beacons of magic on the Castle and icons. All good, no issues there.

Then some moron wrote a terrible song called you are the Magic and everything up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom