News D23 Expo 2022

Captain Neo

Would either Coco or Encanto fit Fantasyland, though? Honestly, I think a mini-land off Frontierland or perhaps Adventureland would work better thematically.

They are movies and belong in the Studio park. Should have built this instead of whatever the heck toy story garbage land is

CentralFLlife

I think Encanto would clash with Disneyland's Fantasyland, since the inspiration for the buildings is so clearly German. With MK's Fantasyland, it wouldn't bother me. There's such a mix of styles, and New Fantasyland in particular seems more focused on regurgitating buildings from the animated movies than creating an authentic "European village." If they used Mirabel's village as a lead-in to the Casita, I'd buy it...It would hardly be any more farfetched than using Frontierland as a lead-in to Galaxy's Edge.
Lots of German influence in South America though…. Might be a little too good of a fit.

Sir_Cliff

I truly think I watched a different show than everyone else. Ya I mean it helps that it’s actually fun watching the musical performances live.

I expected Tomorrowland, but other than up until Friday I wasn’t expecting anything for DCA (which I feel needs it more). So I’m elated avengers is back on and the pacific pier overhaul is a pleasant surprise.

I’m dubious about zootopia… but then their concept art (which is probably slightly closer to reality) looked a little more like AK. AK deserves love next and I was surprised that they were going ‘bigger’ with this than what we were expecting.

The MK connector was incredibly shocking. My interpretation of it was ‘we are going to give MK a Fantasy Springs like expansion, eventually’. No matter how blue sky they did get on stage about it and the three choices of IP really excite me.

I know I’m easily pleased, but this speaks to a lot of animated content coming to the parks and I thought people wanted that sort of thing. All of it perhaps somewhat unique for WDW, save maybe zootopia.
But they didn't even announce any of that: They said it was all blue sky stuff that could potentially happen sometime down the track. Or not. As we've seen in past years, even when they announce things they don't always happen.

I feel the idea of developing across on the other side of the Rivers of America is something that we've at least been aware has been a topic of conversation at Disney for a while. This just provided an image of one possibility of what it could be. Or not.

yensidtlaw1969

I'm already seeing dozens and dozens of other sites misreporting that HEA is coming back, a Villains Land is coming to MK, and Zootopia is replacing Dinoland . . . All without any asterisk indicating what was actually said about these things.

Disney really bungled this presentation today. Even the announcements that are marginally true are being misreported, understandably, and blue sky projects that are nowhere near concrete are being reported as on the way.

They had to know this was gonna happen. Surely they didn't take this cagey approach for no reason?

Sir_Cliff

I'm already seeing dozens and dozens of other sites misreporting that HEA is coming back, a Villains Land is coming to MK, and Zootopia is replacing Dinoland . . . All without any asterisk indicating what was actually said about these things.

Disney really bungled this presentation today. Even the announcements that are marginally true are being misreported, understandably, and blue sky projects that are nowhere near concrete are being reported as on the way.

They had to know this was gonna happen. Surely they didn't take this cagey approach for no reason?
Wait, HEA is coming back, isn't it?

wtyy21

HEA song coming back but for a new show, not a return of prior show

Hatbox Ghost coming to HM in MK
The new show will basically same as HEA was before September 2021 final performance but with Enchantment tech being utilized (particularly pyro equipment and Main Street projections) and some IPs being replaced by new ones. I would like to see how concept art of new HEA.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
If I were an investor looking to make some green in the Tourist area.

I'd be seriously considering bringing back "The Mystery Fun House".

Considering the competition, I think somebody could get it to work.

1662929308647.png

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Think Disney demonstrated there’s no plan for Hollywood Studios. They couldn’t even muster some nonsense blue sky for it. Given their ridiculous build time, it looks like this hot mess of a park will continue in its current state for atleast the next 7-8 years. Youch.
Pretty sure they believe the Studios problem has been fixed for the next 15 or so years.

EPCOT-O.G.

They knew exactly what they were doing. No one holds them accountable for walking back or cancelling or indefinitely delaying or slow walking construction, so they get the benefit of a few good news cycles without having to make any investment or commitment.

yensidtlaw1969

Interesting! I also misunderstood that!
The announcement was totally botched - Josh was tripping over his words and the crowd went wild when they heard him say "Happily Ever After" - which basically drowned out what he actually said about it and people just heard what they wanted to hear.

The Disney Parks Twitter followed up with an annoucement that confirms it's just the HEA Song but in a new show:

1662929722806.png

There's no way they would put it such a confusing way if the truth was as simple as "We're bringing back Happily Ever After". They would have just said that.

EPCOT-O.G.

Oh got it!

I heard people applauding and making weird cheering sounds (especially one loud lady) on my speakers with every sentence the presenters said. It was like a state of the union address.
I couldn’t tell. I was driving and wasn’t sure if it was just an awkward pause/delivery by Fiege, or if the crowd didn’t react or didn’t know how to react. It sounded like a cool idea

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom