News D23 Expo 2019

mikenatcity1

I'm curious, Disney advertises that queuing overnight is a thing at D23. With the reservation system at capacity this year for all the events. Especially P&R, do you believe 40 minutes prior to the start of the event will be enough this year? Honestly how early do these fans line up?!

D23 confirmed with me the lines are still very real for this year. The reservations aren’t with massive numbers. I will say, especially for Parks, you will not have a chance at 40 minutes before.

I know for the Movies panel, my friends are going to start watching for lines at 4pm prior and will be leading to the Legends line at 8pm. Parks is still unknown- a lot are waiting to see how the first 2 days work.

EricsBiscuit

Looks like a disappointing slate of announcements compared to last D23. You’d think they’d want to wash away all the news about Uni’s park and their recent corporate scandals with a few good announcements. Oh well. Hopefully they don’t slide back in to that mid 2000s coma.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’ll do something I don’t typically do: make a prediction on “park” development...

Here’s my list:
1. New Epcot pavilion or attraction...not a country (I hope)
2. New magic kingdom attraction announced...perhaps a replacement for stitch or speedway
3. Rework of one land in Disneyland - Tomorrowland being likely
4. New addition to DAK - severity TBD
5. Announcement of another DVC retrofit...poly and Grand Floridian top suspects.

Now...I think any announcement is gonna be more of a longterm tease...as I don’t think this politburo wants more debt on their books right now...but they will try to “counter” the universal announcement and what it means in the larger picture with “promises”

Tom P.

I’ll do something I don’t typically do: make a prediction on “park” development...

Here’s my list:
1. New Epcot pavilion or attraction...not a country (I hope)
2. New magic kingdom attraction announced...perhaps a replacement for stitch or speedway
3. Rework of one land in Disneyland - Tomorrowland being likely
4. New addition to DAK - severity TBD
5. Announcement of another DVC retrofit...poly and Grand Floridian top suspects.

Now...I think any announcement is gonna be more of a longterm tease...as I don’t think this politburo wants more debt on their books right now...but they will try to “counter” the universal announcement and what it means in the larger picture with “promises”
Curious why you think Speedway might be a candidate for a replacement announcement at D23. Since they just reworked the track and did other refurbishments and reopened it just earlier this year.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Looks like a disappointing slate of announcements compared to last D23. You’d think they’d want to wash away all the news about Uni’s park and their recent corporate scandals with a few good announcements. Oh well. Hopefully they don’t slide back in to that mid 2000s coma.
The last one was nothing but catch up from stagnation...even though there were victory laps and backslapping galore here and at Dis...

Ain’t that right, @Phicinfan ??😉

In retrospect...that stuff in 17 was what it was - makeup from flatfoot bob under real pressure from Comcast.

Remember: they don’t want to build you rides. Rides are losses.
They begrudgingly do it to get people to pay $149 for DAK after dark...that’s all.

What did I see today? People praising that for riding Everest 6 times and dinosaur 6 times?

Good grief...no words for that.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Curious why you think Speedway might be a candidate for a replacement announcement at D23. Since they just reworked the track and did other refurbishments and reopened it just earlier this year.
I don’t...but from a logistics standpoint with tron and fantasyland bookending it...it does make the most sense as a spot of development.

And besides...gonna have to get those out of there anyway at some point...”they ain’t a big deal” much longer

EricsBiscuit

The last one was nothing but catch up from stagnation...even though there were victory laps and backslapping galore here and at Dis...

Ain’t that right, @Phicinfan ??😉

In retrospect...that stuff in 17 was what it was - makeup from flatfoot bob under real pressure from Comcast.

Remember: they don’t want to build you rides. Rides are losses.
They begrudgingly do it to get people to pay $149 for DAK after dark...that’s all.

What did I see today? People praising that for riding Everest 6 times and dinosaur 6 times?

Good grief...no words for that.
I don’t think they see it that way. An attraction is an investment. It has value.

UNCgolf

BTMRR, Buzz, CoP, and (minor) HM are still a go.

Are they going to do a full update of the final scene in CoP? Or are they finally going to destroy it and replace it entirely?

I certainly hope it's the former and not the latter, as CoP is my favorite thing in the Magic Kingdom. But it seems like it's never crowded and it has been closed before, which is why I'm afraid of the latter. On the other hand, it might be tough to demolish something Walt Disney himself had a significant hand in designing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom