News D23 Expo 2019

kmc076

That’s what I’m afraid of. Because I live in Oregon, and going to California on Tuesday hoping my ticket arrives before I leave.
I'm in a similar situation. We're leaving Wednesday morning from the East Coast, and I haven't heard anything other than the initial "we're finally shipping!" email on 8/5. I just tried to call, and I got the busy message. I then tried to leave a voicemail for them to call me back, but their voicemail is full. I'm going to try and keep calling cause this is just absurd. How can tickets not have been shipped sooner?

michmousefan

I'm in a similar situation. We're leaving Wednesday morning from the East Coast, and I haven't heard anything other than the initial "we're finally shipping!" email on 8/5. I just tried to call, and I got the busy message. I then tried to leave a voicemail for them to call me back, but their voicemail is full. I'm going to try and keep calling cause this is just absurd. How can tickets not have been shipped sooner?
Have a good drive... I drove out from Michigan to the 2015 Expo... it was a great road trip.

prberk

Sounds like a lack of people working on it, although with the prices for the tickets you would think they could have paid a company to get them packaged and shipped earlier.

I can say that the e-mail that came yesterday seemed to have other options in case you don't get them before you leave. But it does seem ridiculous that they weren't sent out a month ago, since it was pretty much sold out by then.

By the way, I bought a three-day pass in November but cannot put the funds together right now to make the trip (things came up), so I will have them available if they can be transferred. I assume, though, they cannot be transferred. If you are interested and want me to check on that, PM me.

@Figments Friend , it was cool to meet you in 2015. Had a great time. Was hoping to go again this time, but not looking like it will happen.

michmousefan

I got mine yesterday... the window for making StagePass and StorePass reservations doesn't open until Friday at 3pm EST, so I would imagine they will want to have the rest of the passes in customers hands in a day or two or risk the wrath...

I did note that the original confirmation email upon purchase said that they expected the passes to be mailed within "6-8 weeks" of the Expo. Hmmm.....:rolleyes:

britain

Announcing Ewan McGregor back as Ob-Wan in a Disney+ series has got me MEGA excited.

I don't care what anyone says, this will go along way of brining the fandom back together

Good antidote to the news that Rian Johnson’s trilogy is still a go.

(And I like him, I just know that the Internet has problems with him.)

What a farce.

Arranged to get it sorted with the friend I’m going to the convention with tonight. Sat in the pub refreshing for 8pm UK time. Then it gets delayed an hour. 9pm frantically refreshing. Then....delayed until tomorrow night?!

Who tested this?
I’m a software tester by profession and can only imagine the meltdowns and finger pointing going on at HQ.

TP2000

What a farce.

Arranged to get it sorted with the friend I’m going to the convention with tonight. Sat in the pub refreshing for 8pm UK time. Then it gets delayed an hour. 9pm frantically refreshing. Then....delayed until tomorrow night?!

Who tested this?
I’m a software tester by profession and can only imagine the meltdowns and finger pointing going on at HQ.

Welcome to D23 Expo! As if Disney's IT and Apps for the parks weren't clunky and unreliable enough, just wait until you see how they run the D23 Expo in the largest convention center on the West Coast!

Prepare to be underwhelmed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom