News D23 Expo 2019

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
A non-jokey idea about the secret project:

Disney has announced the Star Wars Resort, but hasn't explained exactly what it is or the level of role-playing involved or the price point. So... maybe this? The "project" is their next step in interactive theming/role-playing.

Stripes

The train route isn't a 'Walt Disney Company project'.
I know. I don't think it's a train route. I was just saying that they can easily fill time, whatever it is they have in mind.

I'm expecting the announcement to be:
(1) Something new. Not more details about something we already know about.
(2) A tech product (including a video game, website, service, etc.) or a new parks project.

Last edited:

DCLcruiser

Calling it a Walt Disney Company project makes it very broad, since that's the whole company. We just hope it is Parks & Resorts related.

I'm surprised they won't make the announcement during the August 6th earnings call/investor letter.

Is it the 22nd yet?

Kane88

I hope they announce something in regards to decorating attractions for the 50th like Disneyland did with its opening day attractions (gold vehicles). Would Liberty Bell Riverboat be considered opening day, I’ve read it opened on the day after...

Stripes

Calling it a Walt Disney Company project makes it very broad, since that's the whole company. We just hope it is Parks & Resorts related.

I'm surprised they won't make the announcement during the August 6th earnings call/investor letter.

Is it the 22nd yet?
I hope an analyst at least asks on Tuesday about Universal’s third gate.

Rodan75

Well. If the announcement is material to CapEx or OpEx, they would probably discuss it at a high level during earnings. If it isn’t either of those, then this is just some exclusive Funkos.

Hatboxer

Separate from the secret “project,” does anyone think that the rumored paid fastpass could be announced at d23 at the parks panel? Doesn’t seem like something they would roll out with a lot of fanfare given the potential backlash, but... possible? I haven’t really followed d23 in years past so forgive me if that’s a silly question.

nickys

Premium Member
I'd bet on it being cruise line related, or a fan service movie like Tomorrowland. The scope of this seems like the Optimist stuff they did a few Expo's ago.

<sigh> That’s just boring!

Not that I’m disagreeing with you, but I really hope you’re wrong! Why would a cruise ship be secret?

I’m betting DCL or 50th

“Dear Mickey, please let it be a nighttime parade”.

Cmdr_Crimson

Knowing their mentality...They wouldn't cough up the cash and go with one that's not being used right now...Case in point..
hqdefault.jpg

With them hyping up MSEP at DL and with World of Color reopened....I got a strong feeling it will make it's East Coast Debut soon...

Kamikaze

<sigh> That’s just boring!

Not that I’m disagreeing with you, but I really hope you’re wrong! Why would a cruise ship be secret?

There are what, 3 unlaunched ships still? I seriously doubt they would call another one 'secret'.
Parade is too small for a separate announcement and a panel.

It has to be something either with a large financial investment (a park, new resort area, or regional entertainment) or something overreaching throughout the entire company.

peter11435

There are what, 3 unlaunched ships still? I seriously doubt they would call another one 'secret'.
Parade is too small for a separate announcement and a panel.

It has to be something either with a large financial investment (a park, new resort area, or regional entertainment) or something overreaching throughout the entire company.
There are three ships coming. They’ve been announced but no details given. There is also the announced “private island” project. An announcement and presentation regarding the island destination and ship names and details would not be out of the question.

Kamikaze

There are three ships coming. They’ve been announced but no details given. There is also the announced “private island” project. An announcement and presentation regarding the island destination and ship names and details would not be out of the question.

None of that qualifies as a 'secret project' though. They were officially announced. If they were only rumored, I could buy in somewhat, but you can't call something 'secret' when you've announced it yourself previously.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom