News D23 Expo 2019

Rteetz

Parks and Resorts Panel will be Sunday August 25th at 10:30 AM (PST). The description acknowledges Epcot's transformation.

Also of note this year is that they're combining the live action and animation presentation on Saturday at 10:00 AM.
The combining of the studio panels was interesting to me. Shows that animation is less important to them I think. Note Disney+ also gets its own panel.

RSoxNo1

The combining of the studio panels was interesting to me. Shows that animation is less important to them I think. Note Disney+ also gets its own panel.
Both Animation and Live Action were 2 hour presentations in 2017. There was also a controversy were several people that expected to get into Animation didn't get in.

While I could see that presentation going 3 hours, I'm guessing they won't do a full Phase 4 Marvel announcement there. They may do that a month earlier at Comic Con.

Usually the live action slate has an hour or so taken up by some of the lesser known (and often less successful) projects like Nutcracker and A Wrinkle in Time.

The live action movies we know about are as follows:

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (probably will close the show)
Black Widow (I could see them showing the trailer)
Marvel Phase 4 (We know it's coming...)
Maleficent
Mulan
Cruella
Jungle Cruise

Then there are a bunch of other live action remakes, and non-blockbusters in development

SteamboatJoe

That's really a shame regarding animation. How do you ignore the thing you do best? Someone needs to give Disney the Regina George talk re: their non-Lucas/non-Marvel live action films.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well, they don't produce that many animation features and their live-action studio produces mostly theatrical failures that only become financially positive in the post-theatrical window. And, anything those studios are producing for D+ will be presented at the D+ panel.

Remember, D+, is the corporation's top priority.

Rteetz

Well, they don't produce that many animation features and their live-action studio produces mostly theatrical failures that only become financially positive in the post-theatrical window. And, anything those studios are producing for D+ will be presented at the D+ panel.

Remember, D+, is the corporation's top priority.
Disney+ has its own Panel though.

Rteetz

Both Animation and Live Action were 2 hour presentations in 2017. There was also a controversy were several people that expected to get into Animation didn't get in.

While I could see that presentation going 3 hours, I'm guessing they won't do a full Phase 4 Marvel announcement there. They may do that a month earlier at Comic Con.

Usually the live action slate has an hour or so taken up by some of the lesser known (and often less successful) projects like Nutcracker and A Wrinkle in Time.

The live action movies we know about are as follows:

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (probably will close the show)
Black Widow (I could see them showing the trailer)
Marvel Phase 4 (We know it's coming...)
Maleficent
Mulan
Cruella
Jungle Cruise

Then there are a bunch of other live action remakes, and non-blockbusters in development
Pixar has Onward they can preview. I’m sure there are other projects they would talk about as well. Disney Animation has Frozen 2. There are always other projects they give those in attendance sneak peaks at as well.

BrianLo

:cry:

I had no idea the tickets actually sold out for D23. I'm an idiot. Oh well, Friday/Sunday only it is.

Unless someone knows some secret way I could acquire a ticket for Saturday?

ObscurityPoint

I heard the parks panel will be mostly Epcot-based, therefore I’m not expecting anything from DHS considering that SWGE will almost be open. Maybe an update on the status of RR, MV3D, or F!, but I doubt anything will come of it. Here are my predictions of what will be announced for Epcot:
•New pavilion(s)- if they were to announce Brazil they would do it now
•Guardians Coaster Name and Details
•Mary Poppins Ride (if real)
•Details on new entrance, play pavilion, and ratatouille ride
•BIG ANNOUNCEMENT: What to expect from the other pavilions, most likely Imagination. I could see them dropping the bomb and announcing major changes to the Imagination pavilion (hopefully non-Inside Out ones and the return of Dreamfinder) as well as what will happen to Innovations or the Seas pavilions.
•WHAT THE FRIDGE ANNOUNCEMENT POSSIBILITIES: Okay so nobody predicted Pixar Pier, therefore I’m making a list of things that nobody would predict on time or see coming.
-Coco being added to Grand Fiesta Tour
-More unwanted IPs coming to Future World
-Retaining the rights for Wakanda to be installed in World Showcase

That’s everything for Epcot I’m expecting. As for the other parks, I expect Marvel Land ride details for DCA considering Endgame and Far From Home will both be out by then and Phase 4 will be announced the same week, maybe new shows throughout the parks, and a tease of a new land/ride coming to Animal Kingdom or something.

Stripes

Premium Member
I personally can't wait to learn more about the new ships. They will be the most beautiful on the high seas 😍

JEANYLASER

I heard the parks panel will be mostly Epcot-based, therefore I’m not expecting anything from DHS considering that SWGE will almost be open. Maybe an update on the status of RR, MV3D, or F!, but I doubt anything will come of it. Here are my predictions of what will be announced for Epcot:
•New pavilion(s)- if they were to announce Brazil they would do it now
•Guardians Coaster Name and Details
•Mary Poppins Ride (if real)
•Details on new entrance, play pavilion, and ratatouille ride
•BIG ANNOUNCEMENT: What to expect from the other pavilions, most likely Imagination. I could see them dropping the bomb and announcing major changes to the Imagination pavilion (hopefully non-Inside Out ones and the return of Dreamfinder) as well as what will happen to Innovations or the Seas pavilions.
•WHAT THE FRIDGE ANNOUNCEMENT POSSIBILITIES: Okay so nobody predicted Pixar Pier, therefore I’m making a list of things that nobody would predict on time or see coming.
-Coco being added to Grand Fiesta Tour
-More unwanted IPs coming to Future World
-Retaining the rights for Wakanda to be installed in World Showcase

That’s everything for Epcot I’m expecting. As for the other parks, I expect Marvel Land ride details for DCA considering Endgame and Far From Home will both be out by then and Phase 4 will be announced the same week, maybe new shows throughout the parks, and a tease of a new land/ride coming to Animal Kingdom or something.
I hope you're predictions of what will be announced for Epcot in D23 Expo to come true. I think that I would like the same predictions too!

TTA94

For any entertainment announcements they’ll probably announce Paint The Night or Main Street Electrical Parade returning again like they did last time, Along with the rumored new daytime parade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom