News D23 Expo 2019

CalebS

So.... How many more 50th anniversary rides could potentially be announced that haven’t been officially announced yet? any besides poppins?

wdwfan4ver

I expect the amount of new announcements for WDW to be less for 2019 D23 than it was for 2017 D23. Right now, some of the stuff announced at 2017 D23 haven't been worked on yet. I am referring to Space Restaurant at Future World, China Film replacement and Star Wars Hotel.

Here is what I think is possible for D23 announcement for 2019 in terms of WDW:
  • UK pavilion attraction - Marry Poppins
  • Possible new Epcot night time show announcement
  • Possible Brazil Pavilion announcement
  • Date for Mickey ride and Star Wars: Galaxies Edge opening for DHS if not announced before than.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Went to the one last year, and we didn't really have all that much fun. The event was mismanaged and crowds were bad. I'm not one to say "cap the attendance" but it felt like they didn't prepare for the crowds they knew were coming.

I'd like to think they'd improve their processes, but I might have to sit this one out.

I went to the 2017 Expo, it was my first one and my husband and I had so much fun! I can't wait for the 2019 one!!! I hope the Walt Disney Archives stage has some great presentations, I loved their 2017 ones.
Hmmm. Were you guys at the same D23 Expo?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here is what I think is possible for D23 announcement for 2019 in terms of WDW:
  • UK pavilion attraction - Marry Poppins
  • Possible new Epcot night time show announcement

It would be odd to announce things that may already be premiering or already under construction...

Not a huge surprise but I did hear today that a Mary Poppins dark ride has been approved and work begins within 6 months. We will see if they stay the course here.

This show will be a departure from RoE. As i have said previous, it will take a bit from RoL, not as much RoE anymore (will have similar style pyro, fountains, etc.), and, dare I say it, some Tokyo DisneySea harbor show mixed in (and DRONEZZZ). This will be one of, if not the most unique show on property when all is said and done, and I wouldn't give up hope for no IP yet (but I wouldn't hold my breath). This show is in good hands and has good intentions (then again, so did RoL,) so let us hope it does us and EPCOT proud. (Also, still hearing 2019/2020, but it could be on the early side of that)

Hardware is currently being fabricated for the new show.

Disney Maddux

Here's what I think will be announced:
  • Indiana Jones Stunt Show --> Indiana Jones Water Ride
  • WDW SW:GE Opening Date (If Not Open by Then)
  • SGE Replacement
  • Zootopia Land for DAK
  • Marvel Rides for DCA
  • More Details on WDS Expansion

JEANYLASER

Here's what I think will be announced:
  • Indiana Jones Stunt Show --> Indiana Jones Water Ride
  • WDW SW:GE Opening Date (If Not Open by Then)
  • SGE Replacement
  • Zootopia Land for DAK
  • Marvel Rides for DCA
  • More Details on WDS Expansion
I love that idea but I don't know about the announcement for these. But I was thinking of the New nighttime Entertainment for Epcot and the new nighttime parade in the Magic kingdom. I hope to hear some of the announcement about the 50th birthday for WDW and the opening of the Guardians of the Galaxy Roller Coaster in Epcot and Tron Lightcycle power Run roller coaster at Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom.

DAK1928

Would love to check this out for the first time!

I haven't much looked into the logistics of previous conventions... do general public tickets sell-out quickly (as with San Diego Comic Con, etc)?

Travel Junkie

Would love to check this out for the first time!

I haven't much looked into the logistics of previous conventions... do general public tickets sell-out quickly (as with San Diego Comic Con, etc)?

It's not like Comic Con. The last expo, they sold out about a month or two before the event. However they are cheaper if you buy them within the first couple of months that they go on sale.

Robbiem

I wonder if we will have more information on the international expansion plans. Id love to know more about the big plans for tokyo and Paris

Kman101

Converse of getting pre-mad.

Need to get pre-excited so you can be sure to be mad when the time comes.

;)

Yep. Set yourself up to be outraged when they don't announce what you think they should have.

Truth is we know about most everything months or a year before hand so I think that also makes people disappointed because most of it is old news when we hear about it, lol. Too much expectation is put on D23.

Kman101

I'd say we usually hear about the majority of things. We had heard rumblings of a possible entertainment venue just not the location of Main Street for the now cancelled theater, for example.

I guess the Space restaurant was a true surprise, though I feel like maybe @Magic Feather or someone else hinted at it in a cryptic way. A new film for China I think was a surprise. But is that still a go?

But I always hope there's some things we don't know. I do think many expect too much out of D23. It's often just meant to be a tease of things to come. I agree they should use the platform for real announcements (not that they necessarily don't, per say) but a lot of times it's going to feel underwhelming for a variety of reasons.

Dunston

Oh i would love a Giant Panda.
1523907412701.png

Boy, have I got just the ride for you!

michmousefan

2019 inventory for the Disneyland Resort hotels just went on line last week... We made reservations to stay during D23 Expo 'cause I think that an on-site stay with the magic morning is practically the only way to get into GE with only a long wait instead an insane wait. Planning on going the day before the Expo starts... does anyone know if using the monorail entry during magic morning is the way to get in fastest? Or do you just walk it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom