News D23 Expo 2019

SplashJacket

They provided more information. You didn’t like that information. Does that sum it up for you?

They provided as much information as they did for lighthouse point. They said some words without any real substance behind them. They did not go into depth about anything besides a couple of surface layer things. The D23 was a colossal waste of time.

The biggest piece of information revealed was the lack of interesting things to do at the Star Wars Hotel.

seanftzsmns

Did they give any info during the Disney+ presentation or at the Disney+ pavilion about "The Imagineering Story" documentary series by Leslie Iwerks ? I don't think we even have a release date
I can't wait to watch it, its been in production for so long.

There was a short panel on The Imagineering Story today from which I have seen no news, but Iwerks and Co has stated the 6 hourlong episodes are locked and will be available in November, so I assume that means at Disney+ launch.

Casper Gutman

So instead of claiming Disney said nothing... be honest with yourself and say "I don't like the things Disney revealed"

People can't even be honest with themselves... and think others (and Disney) should take their comments seriously...
The rumors that were confirmed amount to nothing. And the confirmation adds nothing to them. That seems to be a fairly prevalent opinion.

And speaking of hyperbole, you might want to tone down the outrage at other posters.

UNCgolf

Universal is expensive for someone to do for a short stay... problem is... until recently, there wasn't much reason to be there more than 2-2.5 days. Thus, UNI felt way more expensive because Disney has conditioned it's guests that visiting a theme park should be 5-7 days.. and they try to do the same thing for UNI and it makes zero sense. And doing UNI as a single or 1.5 day dodge is extremely expensive/front-loaded.

A travel plan for UNI must be tackled differently than the traditional WDW vacation... and it's expensive when you try to compare apple, to slightly similar, but different apple... but in the grand scheme they are loosely similar as a whole.

There still isn't for me -- I don't care about water parks at all, and both Universal theme parks are lacking IMO. E.T. is a fun classic dark ride, and Jurassic Park and the Mummy are both really good. Hogsmeade is solid and Diagon Alley is phenomenal, but the Forbidden Journey made me so sick I had to just sit on a bench for the next 45 minutes trying not to vomit (and I don't typically get sick on rides). I didn't ride Gringotts because of that, but it's supposed to be fine so I'll give it a shot whenever I return. Also didn't ride Simpsons because it supposedly makes everybody sick. The rest of the rides there either didn't interest me at all or didn't do much for me. And my god the food was unbelievably bad. We ended up throwing away most of our meal in the parks two different times because it was so terrible. I'll exit out to CityWalk for every meal next time I'm there.

2 days was more than enough time to do everything that currently exists for me, but I'm sure that will change whenever the new park opens.

bclane

We did get more detail of things that we already knew about. Hopefully more detail in the future as well.
Exactly. I mean, don't get me wrong...I'm pretty bummed we didn't get some of the things we'd hoped for. And there were some extremely lame moments (Target, I'm looking at you) and the presentation itself left a lot to be desired...and I could go on. But on the bright side, we are getting a lot of new things over the next few years. It's just a let down that we didn't get the huge surprise we were all hoping for. I do have a feeling Disney is keeping some of their powder dry to counteract future announcements from Uni. Time will tell.

ProjectXBlog

the amount of corporate bootlicking on these forums is unbelievable. disney charged people hundreds of dollars and created hype with their busted admission system for an expo featuring an absolutely dismal presentation free of any of showmanship or enthusiasm. even the performers onstage looked like they just woke up. this company has been squandering goodwill for years now and this is a nadir in my eyes

Speedy71

So no new night time parade announcement. no announcements of updates for existing attractions. And last but not least no announcements of updates for OTHER PARKS IN WDW!!!!!!!

eca.png

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
There were a few things I was hoping to get out the presentation. Chiefly, the status of Figment and information on a new pavilion.
I think Disney blew it here (unless neither is going to happen).

I mean how hard would it have been to say "There's been a lot of speculation about Figment. But rest assured, he's not going anywhere. He's coming back bigger and better than ever, and he's bringing along a friend", "Oh, and there's a new pavilion on the way. We don't have details squared away just yet, but we'll be announcing more in the near future"

I think most of us would have been extremely happy with that. Unless of course, the rumors aren't true.

Walrus from Paris

There was no Christmas at all this time. NOT EVEN ONE GIFT.

It was all public information about the extremely lackluster Marvel Land. Got some awful concept art? "DISNEY IS AMAZING." Pathetic.

Same goes for EPCOT, what we got a few new names? WHO CARES. The same bloggers taking photos of their 'drinks' are the ones who appreciate a new EPCOT (ALL CAPS) logo.

Cheap queue for the Mickey Ride? Why are they trying to undersell the ride that was ALREADY SUPPOSED TO BE OPEN.

D23 IS supposed to have some announcements relating to the park. Heck, this one makes the Pixar Pier announcement awesome.

Plus, with all the press Disney is getting over fraud, planting staff to manipulate boards, Disney ruining Spiderman in the MCU, the secret project blunder which mainstream folks reported on, low wages, Uni opening A NEW FREAKING PARK, this is just a further slap in the face.

There's no way to spin this. Uni WILL eat WDW's marketshare, and I am happy about it. Disney doesn't deserve our money. Use points and fly to Japan if you want the parks before we allowed Disney to ruin them, you'll actually save money. The new park at UOR, for all its faults, will have a stellar attraction roster.

Oh and SSE? Don't be excited for it. I would be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful. Get ready for an IP-infused, sparkly mess.

Disney doesn't care about anyone. We need to stop defending them. We are the reason the swamps are the way it is.

Oh, and they try to get us not to complain because we would be attacking poor little Make a Wish kids. Disney doesn't care about them, and they certainly don't care about you.

NOT EVEN 50TH ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!

The fans should be in uproar. Convince me how a period of stagnation against Universal's third park is a good idea.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
But there was no Christmas at all this time. NOT EVEN ONE GIFT.

It was all public information about the extremely lackluster Marvel Land. Got some awful concept art? "DISNEY IS AMAZING." Pathetic.

Same goes for EPCOT, what we got a few new names? WHO CARES. The same bloggers taking photos of their 'drinks' are the ones who appreciate a new EPCOT (ALL CAPS) logo.

Cheap queue for the Mickey Ride? What are they trying to undersell the ride that was ALREADY SUPPOSED TO BE OPEN.

D23 IS supposed to have some announcements relating to the park. Heck, this one makes the Pixar Pier announcement awesome.

Plus, with all the press Disney is getting over fraud, planting staff to manipulate boards, Disney ruining Spiderman in the MCU, the secret project blunder which main stream people reported on, low wages, Uni opening A NEW FREAKING PARK, this is just a further slap in the face.

There's no way to spin this. Uni WILL eat WDW's marketshare, and I am happy about it. Disney doesn't deserve our money. Use points and fly to Japan, you'll actually save money. The new park at UOR, for all its faults, will have a stellar attraction roster.

The fans should be in uproar.

Pretty strong opinions from another new poster projecting as if they have insider news and access. Go away sock puppet. On ignore with the rest of roving identities to post without the stones to be able to create a standing identity to stay with. pl0nk

flynnibus

Premium Member
the amount of corporate bootlicking on these forums is unbelievable. disney charged people hundreds of dollars and created hype with their busted admission system for an expo featuring an absolutely dismal presentation free of any of showmanship or enthusiasm

Oh, people went to D23 for this thing alone? Whose fault is that again?

BlakeW39

HAHAHAHAHA

Lol this is actually hilarious. We were all so excited for this D23 panel like it was Christmas morning and we got NOTHING. Literally nothing. Friday was a more exciting day for the parks by far, and Friday was buns! Nothing special for the 50th and nothing for MK, nothing for DAK at all (was the park even mentioned lol?), DHS - nothing, and this massive revamp of EPCOT they hyped up lol... new logo!

But Target. Egh corporate slime.

All the while Martin was looking at us all over excited like "👀😬" lol

Pathetic. Disney+ was the only panel that really did anything for me this year.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
There were a few things I was hoping to get out the presentation. Chiefly, the status of Figment and information on a new pavilion.
I think Disney blew it here (unless neither is going to happen).

Given the scope of everything else happening in former FW... I can't see how Imagination stands as it is. I really think this is Imagination just not being ready for announcement.. or even (sniff..) the initial phase of the FW reboot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom