News D23 Expo 2019

Walrus from Paris

It's funny how people are actually defending this.

What a joke Disney has made about themselves. Uni is going to take off.

Meanwhile Tokyo DisneySea is already the best park and they got Soarin' and have 2 super-headliners and a C-ticket on the way.

The things that have been announced don't even make up for the last 20 years of under investment, but could have been a great start. Alas, last D23 they announced Mickey, Ratatouille, GOTG, TRON, the Main Street Theatre. The one before got Star Wars Land. This was supposed to announce Brazil, AK, and possibly Figment, but it seems that Disney doesn't understand their community, once again.

Vote with actions. Don't go to the parks.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Universal’s executives must be laughing their heads off at how pathetic this presentation was. They announce a whole new park and Disney responds with... almost nothing.

Sorry... what did UNI announce detail wise again? Almost nothing.. they showed less detailed art than even the new EPCOT art. Everything else is presumption from rumors and other leaps of faith.

Literally UNI's announcement said NOTHING attraction wise...
Presented here for factual reference...
"Universal’s Epic Universe will offer an entirely new level of experiences that will forever redefine theme park entertainment. Guests will venture beyond their wildest imagination, traveling into beloved stories and through vibrant lands on adventures where the journey is as astounding as the destination. The new location will feature a theme park, an entertainment center, hotels, shops, restaurants and more. Ultimately, this expansion will create more space and freedom to let loose and create lasting memories with the people you love. "

And people are busting Disney balls because what... rumor sites had detail prior?

Unreal.

Sue_Vongello

So remind me again... how does telling you something that you already knew from rumors cripple that news again? And what do you expect the company to just accept those rumor discussions as the announcement of the attraction?

Your 'it should have been better' is no retort to you being disappointed that you didn't learn something you felt was new.

It appears you’re doing the same thing. You’re saying “no it wasn’t bad, we should love whatever Disney feeds us” ... so honest question for you; please explain to me based on that presentation why you think Chapek is the best person to run the parks department?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
The Target bit represents the state of Disney (Chapek) right now. The fact they used a park and resorts panel to showcase that shows where the real priorities lie. (It's not the people here on WDWMagic)

I wasn’t thrilled about it either. But you forget that parks and Resorts and consumer products is all one group now.

Casper Gutman

Sorry... what did UNI announce detail wise again? Almost nothing.. they showed less detailed art than even the new EPCOT art. Everything else is presumption from rumors and other leaps of faith.

Literally UNI's announcement said NOTHING attraction wise...
Presented here for factual reference...
"Universal’s Epic Universe will offer an entirely new level of experiences that will forever redefine theme park entertainment. Guests will venture beyond their wildest imagination, traveling into beloved stories and through vibrant lands on adventures where the journey is as astounding as the destination. The new location will feature a theme park, an entertainment center, hotels, shops, restaurants and more. Ultimately, this expansion will create more space and freedom to let loose and create lasting memories with the people you love. "

And people are busting Disney balls because what... rumor sites had detail prior?

Unreal.
Because people like the Uni rumors a lot more than the Disney rumors. So vague confirmation of the former is received more favorably then vague confirmation of the latter.

Hope this clarifies the situation.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
The Target bit represents the state of Disney (Chapek) right now. The fact they used a park and resorts panel to showcase that shows where the real priorities lie.

That left a bitter taste in my mouth. Overall, sure, I'm for Disney merchandising becoming more accessible. If they want to build a Target on property, that's fine too. But bringing out the Target CEO for a Parks Presentation. Didn't care for that much.

flynnibus

Premium Member
In the future, I will treat this theme park discussion board with the absolute seriousness it demands.

Maybe we can setup a new forum where those that just need to flail around with hyperboyle to satisfy their need to vent can do so in a safe, controlled environment away from actual intelligent discourse.

rle4lunch

I think the best part was seeing Rohdes ear hanging like a 90 year old womans chest.

Seriously tho, I'm excited for Epcot. At this point, it needs everything that was announced and then some to bring it back to relevance. I don't drink, so no amount of Geoffrey's donuts can help me get thru a whole day in that park.

Excited for SSE. Excited for Guardians. Excited for 220. Excited for Reflections to finally sing its swan song.

Edit to include those wonderful raspberry lemon macaroons in France.. :hungry: no amount of those either.

Last edited:

Hula Popper

Part of the problem for us is that our insiders are so amazing, that we already knew about most of what was announced. So that makes D23 kind of a letdown for us.

If you're a little kid, and you keep asking your older brother or sister who has been Christmas shopping with the parents or has been snooping around the secret stash to drop nuggets about what you're getting, and that brother and sister spills the beans, hard to justify being upset with anyone other than yourself when Christmas morning rolls around and what you get is mostly just what you've already heard. If someone wants to be surprised, maybe she should use the time she spends reading up on all the latest rumors to enjoy a little bit of the rest of what life has to offer, and wait until official announcements are made to find out what will be coming to the parks?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Because people like the Uni rumors a lot more than the Disney rumors. So vague confirmation of the former is received more favorably then vague confirmation of the latter.

Hope this clarifies the situation.

So instead of claiming Disney said nothing... be honest with yourself and say "I don't like the things Disney revealed"

People can't even be honest with themselves... and think others (and Disney) should take their comments seriously...

Hula Popper

It appears you’re doing the same thing. You’re saying “no it wasn’t bad, we should love whatever Disney feeds us” ... so honest question for you; please explain to me based on that presentation why you think Chapek is the best person to run the parks department?

Straw man alert.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom