News D23 Expo 2017

PizzaPlanet

If you look at the concept art it says Pixar Fun Wheel :facepalm:
Good grief! They spend over a billion to fix DCA and then proceed to remove its most iconic feature only five years later!
upload_2017-7-16_1-32-12.png

becca_

Good grief! They spend over a billion to fix DCA and then proceed to remove its most iconic feature only five years later!
View attachment 215771
Somewhere in this thread, it was stated that California Screamin' is getting rethemed as well (don't feel like looking back but I think it was marni). I too am glad I visited DL/DCA, after Radiator Springs opened but before all this nonsense started, I love Mickey's face on the wheel :eek:

brb1006

:eek:
Dumbo Revealed!!!:)
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2017/07/147119_RH6_9058-630x420.jpg

story
"Disney’s new live-action feature film “Dumbo” introduces Holt Farrier (Farrell), a former circus star who finds his life turned upside down when he returns from the war. Circus owner Max Medici (DeVito) enlists Holt to care for a newborn elephant whose oversized ears make him a laughingstock in an already struggling circus. But when Holt’s children (Parker and Hobbins) discover that Dumbo can fly, persuasive entrepreneur V.A.Vandevere (Keaton) and an aerial artist named Colette Marchant (Green) swoop in to make the peculiar pachyderm a star."
So who's going to be Timothy Mouse?

Wishing Star

So who's going to be Timothy Mouse?
that's one thing I think might be axed. Get the feeling the kids will play the "mouse" role. Most of these live actions movies will dump the animals. The Mice in Cinderella, didn't speak and barely had a role. Will Mushu or the cricket show up in Mulan? Will Abu or Iago have roles in Aladdin? Although I think Mushu has a good chance of appearing.

BrianLo

Very behind you all and just finished watching! General impressions though...

This was the best D23 parks and resort presentation bar none. Everyone can hate Chapek all they want for various reasons about the many different or weird directions WDW may be going, or the replacements, or the IP.... but I think the misnomer "Cheap"ek does not apply.

I know there were lots of other things that didn't get covered, but in terms of WDW, this is one of the few times they legitimately didn't need more announcements. That back half of that presentation was pure gold.

For a resort that didn't see an E-ticket for 13 years - two new builds (with two under construction) and two replacement E-tickets is amazing. Without even mentioning everything else going on. For the years I've lurked and been a member it's amazing to say that WDW undoubtedly has the most exciting investment trajectory of any Disney resort.

All that said just a tad let down that I really wanted a bit more from DCA. But I'll accept the affirmation of MiceChat's new Marvel rumours and nice to see Spiderman in a family attraction is a thing.

Thank god so many silly controversies are behind us...
-YES they can use Marvel/GOTG and yes it's seemingly starting next month.
-NO Paint the Night is NOT leaving DLR.
-Yes @marni1971 knows a heck of a lot more than @Captain Neo (ok that was never in doubt).
-To @SirLink I'll actually concede a draw as while they did "announce" Marvel in DCA to wrap up the presentation, I admit I was thinking it would be a bit more fleshed out.
-TBD whether people will still cook to death in those gondolas (spoilers: no they won't).

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Generic Marvel Movie? They keep getting better like they are trying to one up each other. Thor: Ragnarok, Black Panther, INFINITY WAR, Antman and The Wasp, Captain Marvel, Avengers 4, and Spider-Man 2 ALL come out before/slightly after Galaxy's Edge opens.

I'm confused by that too, practically every Marvel Studios movie that is official (aka not made by Fox or Sony) has been excellent and are just cash cows in general

RobbinsDad

I try not to use hyperbole, but today's announcements truly signals the end of original IP at Disney Parks. For better or worse, the future of Disney is LucasFilm, Marvel, Pixar, and WDS content, and any other IP they can purchase. Parks will be a reflection of studio output. Nothing will be sacred, anything can and will be modified to create synergy with studio productions. You bet I'm exited to see these new attractions and enhancements come to WDW. But we'll never see the likes of a Haunted Mansion or BTMRR or Journey Into Imagination again.

RobbinsDad

I try not to use hyperbole, but today's announcements truly signals the end of original IP at Disney Parks. For better or worse, the future of Disney is LucasFilm, Marvel, Pixar, and WDS content, and any other IP they can purchase. Parks will be a reflection of studio output. Nothing will be sacred, anything can and will be modified to create synergy with studio productions. You bet I'm exited to see these new attractions and enhancements come to WDW. But we'll never see the likes of a Haunted Mansion or BTMRR or Journey Into Imagination again.
And I know it's not like we haven't seen this coming for years, it's just kind of sad to finally see it happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom