News D23 Expo 2017

SirLink

OLC can't have Marvel. Marvel at DCA is going to be one of the tent pole announcements.

I think people forget where and who the bulk of D23 attendees are when they make their laundry wish lists for WDW.

Disney wants to and is still trying to sell Avatar land and Marvel to OLC. The only character that can't be used in Japan parks is Spiderman. I've been told differently that they want to do a kinda major Mavel Parks announcement that would come in the form of Japan D23 reveal for all content going in HKDL, DLP Studios and DCA. This is in order to get the Japanese excited so they can go to OLC and show reactions saying it would be a wise investment.

The only announcements are vague mentions of Epcot redo, updates on Star Wars, updates on TSL(and updates for the ones WW - expect an announcement of TSMM announced for HKDL and DLP Studios) and a whole lot of we are on the 'road to the 50th' and expect further announcements for all of WDW to occur in the future. The bulk of the panel will be Star Wars. The very idea that Disney can't make an announcement on a rainy day in February or a blustery day in October is laughable. People should be expecting nothing.

I agree people do legitimately forget who D23 is for it is for Americans.

seascape

Universal's Japan rights to Spiderman and the rest of Marvel properties end in just over 10 years. Then the characters will have a parade over to the Disney resorts and the only place in the world Universal will have Marvel is Orlando.

SirLink

Universal's Japan rights to Spiderman and the rest of Marvel properties end in just over 10 years. Then the characters will have a parade over to the Disney resorts and the only place in the world Universal will have Marvel is Orlando.

The only rights for Marvel properties at Universal Japan is Spiderman. They don't have the right for any other family of characters.

Kman101

It's never been heavy WDW announcements, so I don't know why people think it would be. We've gotten bones thrown but it's never been all about it. They always cover other parks. Sometimes I'd rather they not say anything. And people put too much expectation on D23 for announcements. I mean, it SHOULD be the place they tout and announce great stuff, and it is to a degree, but not to the extent people want.

BrianLo

Disney wants to and is still trying to sell Avatar land and Marvel to OLC. The only character that can't be used in Japan parks is Spiderman. I've been told differently that they want to do a kinda major Mavel Parks announcement that would come in the form of Japan D23 reveal for all content going in HKDL, DLP Studios and DCA. This is in order to get the Japanese excited so they can go to OLC and show reactions saying it would be a wise investment.

The only announcements are vague mentions of Epcot redo, updates on Star Wars, updates on TSL(and updates for the ones WW - expect an announcement of TSMM announced for HKDL and DLP Studios) and a whole lot of we are on the 'road to the 50th' and expect further announcements for all of WDW to occur in the future. The bulk of the panel will be Star Wars. The very idea that Disney can't make an announcement on a rainy day in February or a blustery day in October is laughable. People should be expecting nothing.

I agree people do legitimately forget who D23 is for it is for Americans.

I really think you are way off the mark on this. We'll know certainly one way or the other in a few weeks.

The paired TSMM for HKDL/Paris would be interesting, as those both seemed buried.

If they don't announce the Marvel expansion from the Anaheim Conference centre literally overlooking the expansion plot, I'll come right back here and admit you were right.

SirLink

I really think you are way off the mark on this. We'll know certainly one way or the other in a few weeks.

The paired TSMM for HKDL/Paris would be interesting, as those both seemed buried.

If they don't announce the Marvel expansion from the Anaheim Conference centre literally overlooking the expansion plot, I'll come right back here and admit you were right.

Whilst it would make logical sense in the perspective of an American D23 fan. They are struggling outside of the Princess line for OLC to bite on anything else.

Next Big Thing

• Toy Story Land update
  • Maybe DHS name change
  • Maybe an additional park change in either the Animation Courtyard or Echo Lake area
  • Ellen's Energy Adventure Replacement
  • Mission: SPACE update details
  • New World Showcase Pavilion
  • Ratatouille
  • Gondolas
  • UK attraction
I think Toy Story Updates and Gondolas are a definite, but everything else... ehhh.

I think Mickey will be announced before Rat and Rat will be announced post-D23. Energy is way too far away as well as a new pavilion (2021/2022?). Mission: Space refurb seems too small for this. I don't see anything happening at Animation yet nor a name change announcement yet.

UK attraction may get announced actually, but that thing is so mysterious, I certainly wouldn't be counting on it.

HauntedMansionFLA

I think Toy Story Updates and Gondolas are a definite, but everything else... ehhh.

I think Mickey will be announced before Rat and Rat will be announced post-D23. Energy is way too far away as well as a new pavilion (2021/2022?). Mission: Space refurb seems too small for this. I don't see anything happening at Animation yet nor a name change announcement yet.

UK attraction may get announced actually, but that thing is so mysterious, I certainly wouldn't be counting on it.
I'm looking forward to seeing the Star Wars land model that will be displayed. Hopefully more details on the land too.

No Name

and updates for the ones WW - expect an announcement of TSMM announced for HKDL and DLP Studios)

If TSMM is announced for HKDL, I will be shocked.

Disney just got its 1.4 billion dollar plan passed by the HK government, and it doesn't seem to include TSMM. The government balked at putting in $700 million-ish... I doubt they're willing to spend anything more. On top of that, apparently HKDL management has rejected TSMM before. Although now that Buzz is being rethemed to Marvel, they might be okay with it. Apparently they didn't think two Toy Story shooting rides in the same park made much sense. If I'm mistaken please correct me. Anyway I think that logic is flawed.

They have a great space for TSMM between TSL and the Frozen section opening in 2020. I love the ride and would love to see it happen. I just don't see how it could.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom