News D23 Expo 2017

peter11435

It was announced at the Movies panel, but they talked about it and Season of the Force at the Parks and Resorts panel. Also, what does that have to do with my post?

My point is some projects could be announced and talked about at other panels. Marvel for example. So they're not limited to only the 90 minute parks panel to announce and talk about new projects.

SirLink

In 2011 they talked DCL, in 2015 they talked Hong Kong. Anything is on the table.

1)Tokyo is demanding more personalised content for D23 Expo in Japan.
2)Chapek believes only DCL fans care about the DCL brand - to expand the brand the better use would be get influencers on the ships once they are built and docked in Florida.
3)Chapek believes optics are important. So announcing your spending a billions on domestic parks endears your D23 users who are American. No matter how much I would like them to talk about the marvel lands in DCA, DS and HKDL.

RSoxNo1

1)Tokyo is demanding more personalised content for D23 Expo in Japan.
2)Chapek believes only DCL fans care about the DCL brand - to expand the brand the better use would be get influencers on the ships once they are built and docked in Florida.
3)Chapek believes optics are important. So announcing your spending a billions on domestic parks endears your D23 users who are American. No matter how much I would like them to talk about the marvel lands in DCA, DS and HKDL.
Can you explain the 10 minute confused skit they did with Iron Man and Stan Lee during the Hong Kong section two years ago?

Back to predictions I think the following things are all on the table outside of WDW and Disneyland:
  • Updates on the two new Disney Cruise Line ships
  • Announcements for Disneyland Paris
  • Update on Tokyo Disney projects
For Disneyland/Disney World
  • Star Wars construction updates. I wouldn't be surprised to see more/new ride footage from one or both rides. I could even see this as an Apple style, "one more thing" at the end of the presentation.
  • Mickey Mouse attraction announcement.
For Disneyland
  • New Marvel additions to DCA
  • Possible updates on the infrastructure changes around the resort
  • Maybe updates to Downtown Disney?
For Disney World
  • Toy Story Land update
  • Maybe DHS name change
  • Maybe an additional park change in either the Animation Courtyard or Echo Lake area
  • Ellen's Energy Adventure Replacement
  • Mission: SPACE update details
  • New World Showcase Pavilion
  • Ratatouille
  • Gondolas
  • UK attraction

SirLink

Can you explain the 10 minute confused skit they did with Iron Man and Stan Lee during the Hong Kong section two years ago?

Chapek got flak for that internally and externally. If they do it again an announce things out of parks and certainly outside of the US then it would be that Chapek is legally insane.

UpAllNight

I think it's a certainty they're going to boost the studios is Paris with either Marvel or Star Wars. Perhaps they'll get the same as DCA, with their tower also changing,

Captain Neo

Not Tomorrowland.

When I was at Disneyland this past week they were unloading cast members and possibly imagineers from a bus that had the sign "Frontierland Expansion Project" on the back. Do you think that was referring to the current work being done in DL to accommodate Star Wars (which is more of a reduction not an expansion) or is it for the long rumored Frontierland Expansion at WDW?

No Name

I wonder if addition(s) to Shanghai Disneyland will be announced. I hope so.

The park needs it. I'm on the app right now... Soaring has a 2.5 hour wait, Roaring Rapids 3 hours, Tron coaster 105 minutes... heck, the jet pack spinner ride has a 75 minute wait. The park needs additions not only to lighten the load on the current attractions, but also, to create returning customers. To create future fans like us.

Last edited:

djkidkaz

Back to predictions I think the following things are all on the table outside of WDW and Disneyland:
  • Updates on the two new Disney Cruise Line ships
  • Announcements for Disneyland Paris
  • Update on Tokyo Disney projects
For Disneyland/Disney World
  • Star Wars construction updates. I wouldn't be surprised to see more/new ride footage from one or both rides. I could even see this as an Apple style, "one more thing" at the end of the presentation.
  • Mickey Mouse attraction announcement.
For Disneyland
  • New Marvel additions to DCA
  • Possible updates on the infrastructure changes around the resort
  • Maybe updates to Downtown Disney?
For Disney World
  • Toy Story Land update
  • Maybe DHS name change
  • Maybe an additional park change in either the Animation Courtyard or Echo Lake area
  • Ellen's Energy Adventure Replacement
  • Mission: SPACE update details
  • New World Showcase Pavilion
  • Ratatouille
  • Gondolas
  • UK attraction

I like your optimism but what did we get from the last D23 as far as announcements? Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land?

RSoxNo1

I like your optimism but what did we get from the last D23 as far as announcements? Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land?
Star Wars Land, Toy Story Land, Frozen Ever After Update, Soarin' Around the World confirmation, Hong Kong Iron Man details (not sure if that was an announcement)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I don't think there will be much in the way of "surprising" announcements at D23. Expecting the focus to remain on Star Wars.

And when did D23 become the be-all-end-all for many with regards to P&R announcements? :confused: So many, "Will they announce X at D23???" "Will they announce Y at D23???" "Will they announce A thru Q at D23???????" posts...

SirLink

I don't think there will be much in the way of "surprising" announcements at D23. Expecting the focus to remain on Star Wars.

And when did D23 become the be-all-end-all for many with regards to P&R announcements? :confused: So many, "Will they announce X at D23???" "Will they announce Y at D23???" "Will they announce A thru Q at D23???????" posts...

OLC doesn't want Marvel so it wouldn't be a complete shocker to do the Marvel land announcements for DCA and Paris at the Japn D23 in order to sell the concept to OLC either for a new park concept or for one of the other parks. I also could imagine them announcing an Avatar land for Paris jut to kick the tyres again with the OLC.

There will a lot of rhetoric about improving the swamps for the 50th ... predicting the phrase: "we are on the road to the 50th" quite a bit.

wdwfan4ver

Here are my predications:
  • Revealing concept art of Marvel lands for at least DCA
  • Names being revealed for upcoming Marvel attractions in Hong Kong Disneyland
  • Star Wars Land update - Disneyland and DHS
  • Vague Epcot discussion
  • Rat attraction announcement
  • Update on DCL ships
  • Toy Story Land update - DHS and Shanghai
  • Mickey Mouse ride announcement

Last edited:

peter11435

Here are my predications:
  • Revealing concept art of Marvel lands for at least DCA
  • Names being revealed for upcoming Marvel Hong Kong Disney Land attractions
  • Star Wars Land update - Disneyland and DHS
  • DVC update
  • Update on DCL ships
  • Toy Story Land update - DHS and Shanghai
  • Mickey Mouse ride announcement
I would remove the DVC update and add some vague Epcot discussion with a remy announcement.

BrianLo

OLC doesn't want Marvel so it wouldn't be a complete shocker to do the Marvel land announcements for DCA and Paris at the Japn D23 in order to sell the concept to OLC either for a new park concept or for one of the other parks. I also could imagine them announcing an Avatar land for Paris jut to kick the tyres again with the OLC.

OLC can't have Marvel. Marvel at DCA is going to be one of the tent pole announcements.

I think people forget where and who the bulk of D23 attendees are when they make their laundry wish lists for WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom