D23 Expo 2015

SpenceMan01

Been lurking in these forums for a long time and just joined.
If I'm reading the program correctly, Bob Iger will not be presenting at the Parks and Resorts presentation.
From what I have observed of him, loving to take credit for big new projects, I don't see any way that anything major will be revealed without him doing the revealing. I would look for details about already known and currently under construction projects. That's it!!!!

Iger will head up the Legends ceremony Friday morning. The heads of the individual units traditionally give their respective presentations: Lasseter for Animation, Alan Horn for Live Action, etc. It was Jay Rasulo who gave the Parks and Resorts presentation in 2009 (announcing New Fantasyland) as he was Chairman of P&R at the time. Staggs gave it in 2011.

TP2000

Land purchases in Anaheim are not for a new hotel. It's for parking and backstage facilities.

Agreed. Folks who aren't familiar with Anaheim should pull up Google Maps and see exactly where 1515 and 1585 S. Manchester Ave. actually is. Disney wouldn't build a hotel on that side of Harbor Blvd., let alone way over on Manchester Ave.

The recent Anaheim land purchases were for a huge new parking structure and to replace square footage from backstage facilities that are going to be bulldozed for Star Wars Land.

PhotoDave219

Been lurking in these forums for a long time and just joined.
If I'm reading the program correctly, Bob Iger will not be presenting at the Parks and Resorts presentation.
From what I have observed of him, loving to take credit for big new projects, I don't see any way that anything major will be revealed without him doing the revealing. I would look for details about already known and currently under construction projects. That's it!!!!

The other Bob will. Bob Chapek. Head of Parks and Resorts.

Magenta Panther

dkp

D23 has said there are no plans to live stream any presentations but "if that changes, we will definitely alert guests through our social media channels." I'm sure someone will be using Periscope - don't know who, though.

I'll be there but don't know how much time I'll be spending on social media during the experiences. More power to those can blog, tweet, etc. live - I'm too easily distracted as it is!

Figments Friend

Yet another Expo with a lost opportunity to do a park buyout for the attendees. Whatever they charged, it would sell out.

Agree. That would be a great idea!
I suppose Disney does not feel motivated to do it since it is at the tail end of the Summer season.
They probably figure there would be a lot of day Guest complaints about it. Just a guess.

Although i have a AP for Disneyland, i looked into the 'discounted Park tickets' being offered to D23 Expo attendees.
For only a few hours, the price did'nt seem all that much of a 'discount' at all.
Glad i decided to not bother with those.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom