D23 Epcot Forever Poster Series

projectgamma

Maybe start with Michaels (They have discounts constantly). Then check other craft stores, I've had issues in the past with frames from amazon, plus its hard to find the right one with thousands of listings. Other wise, you might have to find a local framing store.
I hear you on the Amazon orders. I get wrong items all the time.
It's gonna be heavy. Plenty of good plastic material for the larger sizes. If you're dead set on glass, use good anchors or make sure you're in a stud
Yes, it has to be glass my mom fell in love with 50th poster and wants to frame it in glass. I think she has a place in mind already for it, but we will make sure it us good and sturdy.

Thanks everyone for the ideas. Sorry it took me awhile to reply. My grandmother's dementia has been terrible, so I have not had a chance to reply..

SoFloMagic

I hear you on the Amazon orders. I get wrong items all the time.

Yes, it has to be glass my mom fell in love with 50th poster and wants to frame it in glass. I think she has a place in mind already for it, but we will make sure it us good and sturdy.

Thanks everyone for the ideas. Sorry it took me awhile to reply. My grandmother's dementia has been terrible, so I have not had a chance to reply..
I went to michaels and did a custom mat with off the shelf glass frame. They put it all together for me as if it was a custom job, but it was about $110

projectgamma

I went to michaels and did a custom mat with off the shelf glass frame. They put it all together for me as if it was a custom job, but it was about $110
My mom thinks custom framing is the way to go. She feels that piece is worth it. If you do not mind me asking, what is the name and size of the frame you used? My Michaels does not have any that are 28 x 17.

SoFloMagic

My mom thinks custom framing is the way to go. She feels that piece is worth it. If you do not mind me asking, what is the name and size of the frame you used? My Michaels does not have any that are 28 x 17.
Right, definitely nothing that size. So I got a custom mat made to take it up to 20x30 standard size. I think I bought the frame full price for $57, and the custom mat was like $60 or so. I left the poster and they did everything but I saved like $200 by using the off the shelf frame.

They did a fantastic job and the piece looks custom. Highly recommend going this way - I forget what they call it, but it's a custom mat with in-store assembly - you just buy the custom mat and the off the shelf frame.

Edit - here's the correct size - currently on sale
Screenshot_20211212-145156_Michaels.jpg

projectgamma

Right, definitely nothing that size. So I got a custom mat made to take it up to 20x30 standard size. I think I bought the frame full price for $57, and the custom mat was like $60 or so. I left the poster and they did everything but I saved like $200 by using the off the shelf frame.

They did a fantastic job and the piece looks custom. Highly recommend going this way - I forget what they call it, but it's a custom mat with in-store assembly - you just buy the custom mat and the off the shelf frame.

View attachment 606912
Thanks. This is option we will consider.

trainplane3

I keep forgetting Imagination and SSE come out 12/20... when I check, I keep panicking thinking I missed them. 😅
tbh, I had completely forgotten... so thank you for saying that.
Oh these two are the one's I'll be making a lot of noise about. No one will miss them! I know how much people want Imagination and SSE.

projectgamma

View attachment 606912
Thanks for the idea, but we went to Joann's to see what the pricing was for a custom frame. It was not that bad,154 after taxes. It is going to have a silver matte and a blue metal frame. It will look awesome!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom