D23 Epcot Forever Poster Series

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Not specifically Epcot poster info but Disney/Cyclops adjacent...

Cyclop's is running a 30% off sale on their site right now through Monday.

hopemax

Thanks! I picked up the Bret Iwan Yellowstone print to go with the Sequoia one I asked DSIL to buy me for Christmas last year.

Basically the only art we have hanging is Disney or National Parks stuff. These bridge the two, lol. I've never been, so I don't need the Yosemite one, thank goodness. At least at this point in time.

Anyone more art connected know if Bret has plans for more?

hopemax

So in the continuing saga of Epcot posters and Shop Disney, last week during one of the sales I ordered 2 lithographs and the Illuminations $99 Serigraph. What I got in my package... 3 lithographs. The two I ordered and the Illuminations.

Email pending to Shop Disney...

bubbles1812

Hobby Lobby. Your experience will vary by location but mine does a great job.
I paid for custom frames for the 18x27 (dang annoying dimensions) I have for about that price at my Hobby Lobby.

I have a lot of European bought art (more wonky dimensions!) in my house and sometimes it is just worth it to have the professionals do the mounting ect.

projectgamma

So in the continuing saga of Epcot posters and Shop Disney, last week during one of the sales I ordered 2 lithographs and the Illuminations $99 Serigraph. What I got in my package... 3 lithographs. The two I ordered and the Illuminations.

Call or chat with them instead. I find that they take days to respond by email and everything gets lost in translation.

DreamFinder1983

Anyone’s harmonious Serigraph ship yet?
Nope, not mine yet!

Also, as an aside, I sent off “please do the rest of the poster designs in the new sizing format to complete our collections” emails to both Cyclops and shopDisney, as suggested. I know it won’t amount to anything, but eh, worth voicing myself I guess. No word from Cyclops as of yet, but shopDisney responded with an expected generic and unhelpful email basically saying “k” haha… but actually “keep watching the website as we’re always adding new product” type of shtick. Hopefully Cyclops is more helpful/productive and has some swing with feedback for Disney.

DreamFinder1983

I really want Kitchen Kabaret, Universe of Energy and World of Motion in these larger metallic inked posters… I really hope these have sold well and Disney will be open to doing a continuation of these. Doesn’t really make sense why they wouldn’t, especially since they’re made to order essentially and they’re guaranteed to be sold… I really wish I could get my hands on The Land, Soarin’ Around the World and The Living Seas posters as well that I missed at the start. :\

FigmentFan82

I really want Kitchen Kabaret, Universe of Energy and World of Motion in these larger metallic inked posters… I really hope these have sold well and Disney will be open to doing a continuation of these. Doesn’t really make sense why they wouldn’t, especially since they’re made to order essentially and they’re guaranteed to be sold… I really wish I could get my hands on The Land, Soarin’ Around the World and The Living Seas posters as well that I missed at the start. :\
They are wonderful posters and beautifully made and it would be fantastic if these did continue on, however I believe others have mentioned that...
-The $99 price point is kind of a steal for the labor intensive work needed to produce these posters. They could easily have sold them for $150+ so they prob won't do this again
-This second release of many (not all) are timed editions so the demand for the people that actually want them is sort of fulfilled (if you were aware they were for sale in the first place)
-The cheaper to produce though still great looking lithographs are still for sale with most if not all of the original designs available at a much lower price point

hopemax

So this is not going well. Neither phone nor email seems to even recognize that there are two different items, of different sizes, with different price points. And one of them hasn't even been produced yet! Of course, now it's 12/1 and the item is removed so we can't reorder, the lower level phone person can't reorder. Waiting for a supervisor to come on the line, but I have little faith.

hopemax

So "in theory" they have reordered the serigraph. But since the item is removed from the website, the supervisor had to do it in a way that she can't actually verify that the order will proceed to Cyclops.

So now we might get 0, 1 or 2 posters and we have absolutely no clue which one it will be until the serigraphs come or don't come, whenever that will be. She upgraded to next day shipping, and didn't really seem to understand that these items are printed and sent out weeks later.

trainplane3

So "in theory" they have reordered the serigraph. But since the item is removed from the website, the supervisor had to do it in a way that she can't actually verify that the order will proceed to Cyclops.

So now we might get 0, 1 or 2 posters and we have absolutely no clue which one it will be until the serigraphs come or don't come, whenever that will be. She upgraded to next day shipping, and didn't really seem to understand that these items are printed and sent out weeks later.
You have an order number (or two)? Try sending over to Cyclops to verify they have the order(s). Explain the kerfluffle of ShopDisney sending the wrong stuff too since I'm sure they may want to hear that (especially how they sent a litho instead of a serigraph).

hopemax

You have an order number (or two)? Try sending over to Cyclops to verify they have the order(s). Explain the kerfluffle of ShopDisney sending the wrong stuff too since I'm sure they may want to hear that (especially how they sent a litho instead of a serigraph).

Thank you. Done. I did forward both order numbers and my name and address. Hoping they can verify that it shows up in their list of active orders somewhere.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Does anyone know where to find 28 x 17 frames that have a glass front instead of plastic or acrylic?
Maybe start with Michaels (They have discounts constantly). Then check other craft stores, I've had issues in the past with frames from amazon, plus its hard to find the right one with thousands of listings. Other wise, you might have to find a local framing store.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom