D23 Epcot Forever Poster Series

wonkabars7

Handling fee = Cyclops wanting a better percent on their end from the mouse, as well as covering cost/wages to the unlucky soul who has to pack and roll over a thousand posters a month.

wonkabars7

Of course, but maybe the labor/drama involved with Disney exceeded their own initial plans and thus wanted an extra carrot for their efforts.

Magic Feather

Dare I say that they increased the numbers too much. Even the Land, which was largely thought to be one of the most anticipated poster releases, is settling into a ~$200 resale value. I agree that busting the ebay pirates is good, but the LE aspect is a part of what makes these posters special. Honestly, I probably wouldn't have gotten any if they were open edition (and I know I'm likely the exception on that one).

Dare I say that they increased the numbers too much. Even the Land, which was largely thought to be one of the most anticipated poster releases, is settling into a ~$200 resale value. I agree that busting the ebay pirates is good, but the LE aspect is a part of what makes these posters special. Honestly, I probably wouldn't have gotten any if they were open edition (and I know I'm likely the exception on that one).
An immediate $100 increase in value is pretty darn good. I bought these for my home. Not to flip. The value doesn’t matter to me. However, if they weren’t numbered I probably would not buy them. I think 300 is a good amount.

trainplane3

The numbers don't mean much to me. If they were still serigraphs, $90, but unnumbered, I still would've bought them. I have no intention of flipping them so ebay value doesn't bother me at all. Personally, it's crazy to see these things spiral in the thousands. Just imagine if (supposedly "when" at this point) Disney comes back around and does a second pass at this series. The whining from the resellers will be fun to watch.

Last edited:

DreamfinderGuy

To recoup some production costs for Disney as Cyclops is now printing more product, and those added costs are passed on to the consumer. This is only my educated best guess though.
That makes some sense, but that doesn't explain why this charge was listed on the first prints and only enforced now. If it were because they increased addition sizes it seems like they never would've planned to add this fee in.

Davesney

I might be in the minority as well thinking this but I don't actually believe there are more than maybe a couple hundred people trying to get these posters to keep and collect them. I'd say there are more than 100 because that first set is going for some crazy prices on ebay. But maybe like 200 or so of us trying to get all or some of them. With a few exceptions like Illuminations you can actually get most of them for semi-reasonable prices, especially the countries. Last 2 Kitchen Kaberet went for 129 and a Soarin went for 117, that's about what I paid from Disney with no discounts. I think if they increased the amount they would still sell out quickly but most would just go to ebay.

Captain Barbossa

I’m not complaining, but I wasn’t charged with the extra $15 fee last month when I bought the Land. Maybe I was lucky and the system forgot to apply it? 🤷‍♂️ But anyways, I do find it interesting that it was stated for the other releases but people weren’t being charged with it until last month’s release.

trainplane3

I’m not complaining, but I wasn’t charged with the extra $15 fee last month when I bought the Land. Maybe I was lucky and the system forgot to apply it? 🤷‍♂️ But anyways, I do find it interesting that it was stated for the other releases but people weren’t being charged with it until last month’s release.
You were. They started it in September with that release actually. I got the extra charge on everything so far (that actually shipped) from when it was added.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom