D23 Epcot Forever Poster Series

wonkabars7

Italy and Norway were available for a week after the initial release. Morocco was available for 10 days.
Right, people like pavilion stuff more. At 100 left (or thereabouts) that is still 200 folks buying a $90 print. I think 150-200 would have been sweet spot for these to be competitive yet attainable.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I cannot recall seeing the White Rabbit, which, to me, is an odd inclusion. Also, Winnie the Pooh has a greater presence, both in flower and garden topiaries and with the meet and greet, but is not included.
The White Rabbit is a tie in from Alice in Wonderland. Not sure why they didn't just include Alice herself since she does make M&G appearances. The IP really doesn't bother me all all, I have an Italy print and Pinocchio is in one of the windows but its not intrusive at all.

Mesa Azul

I‘m glad I didn’t stay up any longer last night. Now, it’s simply a guessing/waiting game to figure out when the next poster shows up. Could be daily, could be one a week Monday mornings, could be anything. Not sure this will keep the resellers away. Their scripts are monitoring the page. It’s people like us that are left in the lurch waiting. Yeah, I think I might just skip GFT thanks to this, but it also really frustrates me for next month.

TheLostBorough

Either as a silver lining or devil's advocate, I believe these were only meant to be in-person releases at the Port Of Entry, so it has been nice to try and snag them on Shop Disney. With that said, it's still frustrating that there's no real system for release. I understand that pleasing everyone is impossible, it's just strange how SD has tried to handle such a limited and sought after series.

wonkabars7

I cannot recall seeing the White Rabbit, which, to me, is an odd inclusion. Also, Winnie the Pooh has a greater presence, both in flower and garden topiaries and with the meet and greet, but is not included.
So put Pooh in over the rabbit and you're in on this one?
What about the CHEVROLET test track, skipping that too?

michmousefan

Well... after getting burned by the debacle last month, I picked up the UK poster, but only after the code for the Disney Visa took 20% off. Let's see if things hold.

trainplane3

Either as a silver lining or devil's advocate, I believe these were only meant to be in-person releases at the Port Of Entry, so it has been nice to try and snag them on Shop Disney. With that said, it's still frustrating that there's no real system for release. I understand that pleasing everyone is impossible, it's just strange how SD has tried to handle such a limited and sought after series.
It's stranger when they were able to handle them just fine 3 months ago without issue. I assume it's the sudden rush of orders when a FW poster comes out that screws the system.

SpaceMountain77

Original Poster
So put Pooh in over the rabbit and you're in on this one?
What about the CHEVROLET test track, skipping that too?

For the World Showcase pavilion posters, I have preferred those with a greater focus on the cultural representatives and entertainers. Neither Mexico nor United Kingdom were on my purchase list. The comment about Winnie the Pooh was more about character selection.

Next month, it really depends. In August, I purchased Illuminations at 12:01 PST only to receive a cancellation notice. Last month, my Land and Soarin' posters were cancelled and had to be repurchased in the afternoon. Today, one poster was released. The experience, as of late, has been awful.

Ddad4

Well... after getting burned by the debacle last month, I picked up the UK poster, but only after the code for the Disney Visa took 20% off. Let's see if things hold.
The downside of the discount on one poster is that it takes the price under $75 for free shipping. I did the same thing but ended up with a $22 shipping fee including the $15 they started including last month. I will take the discount but wish I could have ordered all at once for the extra free shipping benefit.

FigmentFan82

The downside of the discount on one poster is that it takes the price under $75 for free shipping. I did the same thing but ended up with a $22 shipping fee including the $15 they started including last month. I will take the discount but wish I could have ordered all at once for the extra free shipping benefit.
SHIPMAGIC will knock like $12 off the price

DreamfinderGuy

Also annoying that the extra handling fee was added after the print runs were increased.
Honestly, what does the "handling fee" even mean? We're paying $90 for a print, so the extra $15 cannot possibly be because of the effort that goes into printing. Cyclops just drop ships them for Disney, that can't possibly justify an extra $15. Does Disney get it or does Cyclops? Either way, it just seems like a way to milk some more money from the fanbase.

TheLostBorough

Honestly, what does the "handling fee" even mean? We're paying $90 for a print, so the extra $15 cannot possibly be because of the effort that goes into printing. Cyclops just drop ships them for Disney, that can't possibly justify an extra $15. Does Disney get it or does Cyclops? Either way, it just seems like a way to milk some more money from the fanbase.
To recoup some production costs for Disney as Cyclops is now printing more product, and those added costs are passed on to the consumer. This is only my educated best guess though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom