D23 Dissapointment

RememberTheMagic

Original Poster
"Does this mean we should temper our expectations about big new ride announcements during this year’s Expo?
DAVE FISHER, Walt Disney Imagineering: We’ll be using the Expo as an opportunity to really give fans a look into the inner workings of Walt Disney Imagineering — especially in our “Imagineering Open House” pavilion on the D23 Expo show floor. Fans with a keen eye might spot clues about work currently in development, but we will not be making any new product announcements at the Expo this year. However, we have a few surprises in store…"​

MerlinTheGoat

If this turns out to be true, Disney just-
Shooting%20Self%20in%20Foot.jpg

sweetpee_1993

Honestly, even if there WAS going to be big announcements of things to come that haven't been leaked already (not that I'm insinuating that there is because I don't know and wouldn't go to D23 if there was because I'm just not that into it) do you really think anyone from Disney would let on that there was? I mean, if they insinuated even the slightest bit that there was a big announcement the fanbois and fangurlz would be foaming at the mouth with expectations that would likely far exceed anything they might announce. Plus, if YOU had a secret would you go around letting on in the slightest way that you had a secret? I wouldn't. Poker face. Gots ta have the poker face. I know there's always these big expectations for D23 but it sounds more like a bunch of fan-appreciated stuff and presentations intended for the Disney fans to have a good time with a few days of "exclusive" experiences. If you don't have grand expectations and just go for the fun-factor you aren't likely to be let down if nothing does get announced. Right?

Ignohippo

What is there to read into, to me it flat out says there will be no new attraction announcements.

I would sadly concur.

However, could that possibly mean that new announcements could already be scheduled to happen at a different time and place? Could be two weeks from now, could be two months, could be six months, but perhaps they already know when and where these announcements will take place and have already concluded that it will not be D23.

Sounds to me that TWDCo has basically written off D23 at this point.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I would sadly concur.

However, could that possibly mean that new announcements could already be scheduled to happen at a different time and place? Could be two weeks from now, could be two months, could be six months, but perhaps they already know when and where these announcements will take place and have already concluded that it will not be D23.

Sounds to me that TWDCo has basically written off D23 at this point.

Announcements will be able to be scheduled 60 days in advance, and will be accessible through on-site kiosks located around the parks, as well as a convenient and free smart phone app and/or the website.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom