D23 'Destination D: Walt Disney World 40' coming Spring 2011

nepalostparks

Same. If the events fall on a weekend where I can get away, I'm going down no doubt. With my luck though they'll schedule it the day of my college graduation :lol:

You can always do what my brother is this May.... skip the graduation ceremony and go to Disney instead. :lookaroun

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Hope they announce more details on the "Project Z" and some more about the ride system involved with the Mine Coaster

I'm not expecting any new information to be announced at all. That isn't the focus of this event. I think this is being presented as more of a retrospective and appreciative way. I think that if any new information comes out it will be purely accidental. :shrug:

nepalostparks

If only I were ballsy enough for that. Luckily the D23 events are just before my graduation on May 20th, I just make it :lol:

It was his choice, and my parents are ok with it (it's a whole big family trip), so it works out I guess. :lol:

But ya, it's a big decision to have to make. Glad it looks like it won't interfere for you!

Tigger1988

Original Poster
I'm not expecting any new information to be announced at all. That isn't the focus of this event. I think this is being presented as more of a retrospective and appreciative way. I think that if any new information comes out it will be purely accidental. :shrug:

Yeah, this isn't that kind of event. Given the scheduled lineup it seems like the focus will be on WDW's past rather than its future.

PatriciaH

We will do the scavenger hunt as long as we get a spot! Still debating on the 2 day event. It means taking another day off on Monday to fly back for DH.

Figment82

I'm in for both Destination D and the Scavenger Hunt. I was on the site right at 1 refreshing madly, but as there are still tickets available, I guess I could've calmed down a little! :) I can't wait for May!

I feel like I should've added people to my scavenger hunt group, in the chance a friend wants to join, but I wasn't thinking as I was filling in the form. I imagine it's too late for that...

Tigger1988

Original Poster
I'm in for both Destination D and the Scavenger Hunt. I was on the site right at 1 refreshing madly, but as there are still tickets available, I guess I could've calmed down a little! :) I can't wait for May!

We had two computers going refreshing at 12:59. I wasn't about to take ANY chances on them selling out lol

lilclerk

I did the same thing, then freaked out because I couldn't find the email with my member number (I don't carry the membership card with me.)
Eventually I found it and I'm in!

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Logged on at 20 seconds past 1 and had my confirmation in less than two minutes. Almost as stressful as trying to buy Kenney Chesney tickets (or any concert tickets for that matter)! Sadly, I'll be missing the first two sessions on Saturday morning as my flight doesn't hit MCO until 10:05. Couldn't leave on Friday as it's my daughters senior prom and there would be hell to pay it I missed her in her prom gown. (Actually, she told me I could leave on Friday, but I just can't miss my little girl in her dress.)

skellington216

I got my tickets and reservations at the Contemporary. But, I have a big problem! I bought my mother a Gold D23 gift membership for Christmas and gave her a gift card to cover the cost of a Destination D ticket. She got her membership a month or so ago. Today when she tried to book her Destination D ticket, the reservation site pre-loaded my address and information and won't let her change it to complete the purchase. I live in Seattle, and she lives in Florida, so that is definitely a problem. I sent an email to the event support address, so hopefully they can get this figured out. I'll be very disappointed if she isn't able to attend because of this.

On a side note, I attended the Destination D at Disneyland last year, and it was a blast. I have high hopes for this event!

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I got my ticket today. Well, actually a friend of mine from these boards bought it for me since I was at work at 1pm. I'm excited for the event. I'm a little bummed I couldn't find anyone to do the Scavenger Hunt with so I'm skipping that. I also booked a room at Wilderness Lodge last night in hopes that the boat to Contemporary will be easier than taking a bus from Pop as I originally planned.

stillgoofy

I got my tickets too. I also stressed out about getting tickets as I missed out on the Magic & Merriment which sold out in 3 seconds. But I guess I didn't need to stress about this one. I do have to leave at dinner time on Sunday due to flight so I will miss the Richard Sherman segment. Originally, they had the dates listed as Friday and Saturday so I had already booked my flight for Sunday. Oh well, at least we'll be there for most of it :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom